Swollen foreskin and discharge - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-05-2005, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I read the sticky, but I'm still unsure if what Nikolas has is normal or maybe an infection.

I noticed his foreskin seemed red and swollen this afternoon, it didn't seem to bother him, but at his last diaper change I touched his penis a little to see if it was tender or causing him any pain, and it isn't, but there was some white discharge from the opening. It's not thick like smegma, is this an indication of an infection?

I was just at the ped today too, and she didn't retract him or anything, she just checked to see that his testicles were in the right spot.

What should I do? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-05-2005, 08:51 PM

Quote:
there was some white discharge from the opening
Was the discharge stringy looking? If it was that is how yeast looks.

As far as smegma goes I think it to can be found other than in a thick form. Not sure about that tho.

If it is not bothering him dont worry about it just give him a nice soak in warm water without any soap. Wish I could be of more help but my little guy is just 9mo and havnt ever even seen smegma. I have seen the tip of his forskin a pink/red color on occasion usually after he does one of his pully/tuggy sessions :LOL

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 4 Old 08-06-2005, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. The discharge wasn't stringy, more like a milky substance. But he seems to be better today. There is no more discharge and the swelling has gone down. I'm still not sure what it was, but he seems to be fine.
#4 of 4 Old 08-06-2005, 02:50 AM

Karry, we've seen reports of this before on several occasions and just as with your son, it has quickly gone away. Sometimes, the discharge has been described as yellowish or even greenish and is more liquid that smegma would be. My best guess is that it is related to the bond between the foreskin and glans releasing.

With a few of the other cases, it was diagnosed by a doctor as an infection but it went away so quickly and with no treatment that it was obviously a false diagnosis. I wish I could tell you definitively what it was but I can't. If the symptoms persist more than 36 hours, I would recommend getting a doctor to look at it. If he/she suspects an infection, insist on a culture for a definitive diagnosis and proper treatment.

Frank

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page