All penises in the house should look the same - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-20-2005, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was browsing around a certain hyperemesis forum yesterday, and I'm sooo bothered by a poll that was up there about circumcision. 85% of the respondents had said they would circ, and the only two people who posted commentary talked about such superficial reasons for doing it. One said that her doctor had told her that "all penises in the house should look the same;" ie, her husband was circ'd, so their baby should be, too. It made me so angry and sad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2005, 09:52 AM

Why is it so important now and not when all men were intact? Could it be that the doctor stands to make a bunch of $$$$$$?

Frank
Old 08-20-2005, 10:32 AM

so,so sad for every poor babe and parent that doc ever encounters.

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
Old 08-20-2005, 10:44 AM

They are going to see each others noses a whole lot more than each others penis'. What's next, little baby nose jobs?

My older son(who is almost four) is more concerned as to where my penis is and how I go pee than the difference between my circed dh and himself. In fact, he hasn't even said anything yet.

Should I have to walk around wearing a "falsie" and tape down my breasts so he doesn't ask any questions?

The whole thing disgusts me.

Take care,
Tara

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin
Old 08-20-2005, 10:50 AM

What an ignorant SOB!!! That doctor should have his license pulled.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:40 AM

Those people should just restore, then!
Old 08-20-2005, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly Speaking
Why is it so important now and not when all men were intact? Could it be that the doctor stands to make a bunch of $$$$$$?
ITA Frank...this is exactly the same thing I talk about when people start the whole "he has to be like his dad thing" as though if he wasn't would result in some sort of cosmic life-long psychological trauma.

I like to refer to my own family when I get the chance in situations like this. My dad, who is intact, came from a family of Swedish immigrants who were all intact, had a circumcised son. My bro and I didn't even KNOW my dad was not circumcised until long into adulthood. All my male cousins are circumcised while my uncles are intact.

NONE of my cousins, nor my brother are crazy or psycholigically disturbed. Maybe a little weird, but not crazy-but this has nothing to do with the penis, it's just a family trait

On my mom's side, same thing: Grandfather emmigrated here from Yugoslavia as a child, sons and grandsons all circumcised...yadda, yadda, yadda

What a bunch of hogwash!!!!

Pam
Old 08-20-2005, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

By this logic, too, then my daughter's breasts should turn out to look exactly like mine. If they don't, I should put her through cosmetic surgery to make sure we match.

If I did that, though, I'd quickly be branded a total lunatic, and rightly so. Why the double standard with boys?
Old 08-20-2005, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Bizarre.

And if my kids don't get my cute, little nose and get their daddy's big nose instead? I should give them nose-jobs right? Inconcievable!
Old 08-20-2005, 08:13 PM

What a bizarre thing to say! Would that doctor be advocating getting breast augmentations for little girls so all chests in the house look the same? Why is a penis any different (other than the fact that for most of the day, penises can't even be seen, so why does it matter if they all look the same anyhow?!?)

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 

User Tag List