I was going to circ, but changed my mind.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 10-05-2005, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to say how grateful I came to my senses. I was all for circ my son, as I was afraid of how he "would look" when's he's older. Well I'm glad my sister (fellow mothering member) Unrelentlessly school'd me. She even had my bil call my husband. She even called my hospital and told them she wanted to request a tape of the circ and told me I needed to watch it. Well we came to our senses. For us it was a lot easier to think about it while our son was still in utero. Even though we made the decision before his birth, as soon as he was born I couldn't imagine hurting him intentionally. We are both ashamed we even thought about doing it. But I don't dwell.

**Keep in mind my dh is now ready to "school" someone. The wonderful process will continue in NY..
#2 of 16 Old 10-05-2005, 10:08 PM

What a lucky, lucky boy you have! A wonderful caring aunt and wonderful caring parents. You have given him the gift of life and a gentle entrance into it

Congratulations!

Take care,
Tara

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin
#3 of 16 Old 10-05-2005, 10:08 PM

Hooray!!!!! :

6/9/2005 6/30/2007 10/17/2009 (Ebstein's Anomaly)
#4 of 16 Old 10-05-2005, 10:43 PM

Yay for you, yay for your sister, and most especially yay for your son! Now spread the word!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#5 of 16 Old 10-05-2005, 10:46 PM

WooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Way to go sis! I'm so happy you and you Dh came around. Welcome to your perfect and whole baby boy.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#6 of 16 Old 10-05-2005, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty-mama
We are both ashamed we even thought about doing it. But I don't dwell.

Don't be ashamed, Mama. You wanted to circ, but opened your heart to listening what others had to say about it. Then you made an educated decision about it, out of love for your son.

But Moms who have circed their sons should not feel ashamed if they made the choice believing it was best for their child. I don't think my MIL or any other mom should be ashamed for having circed... she did the best she could with the information she had at the time. Motherhood is a learning experience.

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#7 of 16 Old 10-06-2005, 12:15 AM

Congrats to your entire family! You made a good decision, mama!

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#8 of 16 Old 10-06-2005, 01:25 AM

Congrats! It is so awesome that you're open to listening to what other's say. And what a great, caring sister you have.

My sister would circ just to spite me.
#9 of 16 Old 10-06-2005, 01:28 AM

Isn't she so great!!! I am so proud of my sister and hubby to leave their beautiful Scooby intact!! He is gorgeous and will enjoy the 'extra' skin as he ages...

The unrelentless sister,
Amy
#10 of 16 Old 10-06-2005, 01:37 AM

You just made my day. I just saw a link today that showed a taping of a circ and couldn't get through it all. Good for you Mama. You made the right choice. I can't wait for the day when they will make this barbaric act a thing of the past.
#11 of 16 Old 10-06-2005, 04:31 AM

Congratulations!!!

And way to go

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#12 of 16 Old 10-06-2005, 10:31 AM

ASHAMED!!!!

As others have mentioned, you should not be ashamed for considering it since you educated yourself and moved forward.

I do however, believe that parents should be ashamed for continuing with circumcising their son after learning all about it…after agreeing that there is little medical benefit…after understanding that the locker room and looking like Daddy points are moot...after realizing that the ‘looks gross factor’ is only due to lack of familiarity…YET STILL CUTTING THEIR CHILD “JUST BECAUSE”.

The worst kind of ignorance is admitting your own ignorance, educating yourself and making decisions as if you were still ignorant. You are no longer ignorant.
#13 of 16 Old 10-06-2005, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Our medical community, on the other hand, has PLENTY. They continue to encourage parents to subject their perfect, precious infants to unnecessary surgery. They continue to provide misinformation. They continue to turn a blind eye to the ethics of performing cosmetic surgery on unconsenting minors.

If the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

#14 of 16 Old 10-06-2005, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callumsmom2001
What a lucky, lucky boy you have! A wonderful caring aunt and wonderful caring parents. You have given him the gift of life and a gentle entrance into it

Congratulations!
:
#15 of 16 Old 10-06-2005, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd_deadhead
You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Our medical community, on the other hand, has PLENTY. They continue to encourage parents to subject their perfect, precious infants to unnecessary surgery. They continue to provide misinformation. They continue to turn a blind eye to the ethics of performing cosmetic surgery on unconsenting minors.
:
Congratulations to you on the birth of your beautiful baby, and Congratulations to you and your dh for keeping him whole!
Congratulations to your sister, too, for educating you!
#16 of 16 Old 10-07-2005, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Woohoo!!! How lucky for your little boy. What a fantastic sister you have, and what fantastic parents you and your DH are.

~Nay

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page