I tried to do some advocating--pray that it works - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-18-2005, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone that I don't know IRL but just met online has a blog about his 6 month old son who has been in the NICU since birth and is going home this week. So the dad posted a huge to do list and the last item on the list was to get the baby circumcised. So I knew I had to post a comment saying that they didn't have to do it, but I felt totally weird since I don't really know this guy. So before I posted my comment I read the others and two people had already posted that they didn't circumcise their boys and that he didn't need to. I added my two cents to the pot so hopefully seeing that so many of us haven't or wouldn't circ. will make them think twice. I was really happy to find out that there were others speaking up. This baby has been through so much already. I'm praying that he makes it out of the NICU intact.
#2 of 5 Old 10-18-2005, 12:48 AM

I'll keep this baby in my thougts. Please, please parents don't circ him, he's been thru enough.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#3 of 5 Old 10-18-2005, 08:18 AM

Six months in the NICU?? And they're going to subject him to a needless procedure?? YIKES!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#4 of 5 Old 10-18-2005, 10:18 AM

On further thought, you might want to post some really quick facts - like no medical organization in the world recommends routine circ, there's no medical or hygenic reason for it, it removes half the nerve endings of the penis, and complication rates are 2-10% or higher - they're just now getting their baby out of the hospital, why risk anything that might keep him there longer?

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#5 of 5 Old 10-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Fi.

6 months in the NICU...and they want to end it like that? I would mention something like "Aw the poor thing has just been so much, no need for cosmetic surgery too "

Long distance Mom to boarding school superstars E (9) and Layne (6).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page