Puke - eBay - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2006, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, maybe she'll learn something and reconsider.

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2006, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloli
I was thinking the same.

Did anyone happen to get a screen shot of the ebay listing?
I have the page saved as word document.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxsiven View Post
From her webpage notes;

"January 31, 2006 - A lot of strangers (people we don't know) have emailed us regarding their disapproval of OUR choice to circumcise OUR son. These people are of course entitled to their opinions, however we didn't ask for their opinions and we are definitely not interested. We could care less that 80% of the men in the world are intact. Good for them. OUR son will happily be in the 20%. If we don't know you personally please do not email us. All correspondence of that nature will be reported and forwarded as unsolicited spam/junk mail. Have a nice day!"

:Puke :Puke :Puke :Puke
I just went back to the site, and found these updates:

April 19, 2006 - Orion is circumcised by Dr. Goldie. We went in and watched while the procedure was being performed. The doctor & staff were very professional and efficient, the entire surgery lasted less than 10 minutes. They used the plastibel method, so we'll have to watch for it (the foreskin & bell) to fall off in the diaper. I will be keeping that along with his umbilical stump in his memories/keepsakes box.

April 24, 2006 - Three days of poopless diapers, coupled with an extremely hard stomach, and adding in his excruciating wails of agony, we were prompted to go to the doctor's immediately. The doctor commented that his constipation was most likely caused by pain due to the circumcision and that nothing needed to be prescribed.

:Puke
Old 02-20-2007, 06:08 PM

i don't know if i believe this. it says the item location is CAlgary AB...in canada circumcisions are pretty cheap...if they're as broke as they say, they'll be getting a hefty CCTB cheque every month, which would cover several circs...
Old 02-20-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx.mothernurture View Post

April 19, 2006 - Orion is circumcised by Dr. Goldie. We went in and watched while the procedure was being performed. The doctor & staff were very professional and efficient, the entire surgery lasted less than 10 minutes. They used the plastibel method, so we'll have to watch for it (the foreskin & bell) to fall off in the diaper. I will be keeping that along with his umbilical stump in his memories/keepsakes box.

April 24, 2006 - Three days of poopless diapers, coupled with an extremely hard stomach, and adding in his excruciating wails of agony, we were prompted to go to the doctor's immediately. The doctor commented that his constipation was most likely caused by pain due to the circumcision and that nothing needed to be prescribed.

unf'ing real. criminal, really.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:11 PM

What kind of person keeps their baby's rotted foreskin!?

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
Old 02-20-2007, 06:19 PM

Agreeing w/ dynamo. This type of things calls for lots of UAViolation profanity.

Actually, if you read more of the site, the woman is just a wackjob.
I feel really sorry for her kid!

Example:
"Although Orion is not quite 4 months yet, we have elected to start him on pablum/baby cereal already (our doctor also concurs with our decision). Although it was his first time eating [cereal] with a spoon, he decided to feed himself and did it quite well. We will be giving him runny cereal once a day, gradually working it up to three times a day and gradually increasing the texture/thickness."
Old 02-20-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey2061 View Post
i don't know if i believe this. it says the item location is CAlgary AB...in canada circumcisions are pretty cheap...if they're as broke as they say, they'll be getting a hefty CCTB cheque every month, which would cover several circs...
Someone I know paid 400 for a circ here.

We wouldn't have 400 dollars to spare, and the cctb doesn't kick in for a few months after the baby is born anyways. We only get 60 dollars a month for it.

Long story short- I am glad it is unaffordable for some people.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyJoe View Post
Poor lady. Born with one kidney and half a brain.
Thank you for putting a smile on my face during a really cr@py thread!!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:23 PM

I really think it's ironic that she's going to save it in a "keepsakes" box---you'd think such a valuable thing would best be kept attached to the body, with it's blood supply intact.

Barf.

Jen

Edited to add:

I just noticed she had 13 ultrasounds, mostly optional it looks like...lots of 3D/4D photographs and videos. *sigh*
Old 02-20-2007, 06:24 PM

No kidding pdx.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:52 PM

That is just sick, some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids
poor little boy :

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

Old 02-20-2007, 07:36 PM

Old 02-20-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
I really think it's ironic that she's going to save it in a "keepsakes" box---you'd think such a valuable thing would best be kept attached to the body, with it's blood supply intact.

Barf.

Jen

Edited to add:

I just noticed she had 13 ultrasounds, mostly optional it looks like...lots of 3D/4D photographs and videos. *sigh*
OMG I didn't even think of that. She thinks it is disgusting enough to cut off but she still wants to keep it to reminisce over? WTF?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Good to know that with internet archiving, it's likely she won't be able to hide from her child that countless strangers cared more about his suffering & mutilation than she did. (He can print this thread & bring it to his therapist.)

No meds for pain! There are no smilies harsh enough. I hope she has an equivalent experience one day, perhaps that will open her eyes enough to apologize (and make some effort that it never happens to another child or grandchild). Never know, female circ could get popular here. Line up, lady, what's wrong with genital cutting without pain relief? It was good enough for your INFANT.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:37 AM

To that mother: What goes around, comes around!!

To that poor baby:
Old 02-21-2007, 01:03 AM

Quote:
April 24, 2006 -The doctor commented that his constipation was most likely caused by pain due to the circumcision and that nothing needed to be prescribed
Pain due to circumcision? Really?

Maybe that woman should be circumcised. If it's good enough for her son, why is she not in line to have her labia torn off?

I don't pity her partner for being intact. I pity that woman for being a complete and utter uneducated fool.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey2061 View Post
$200 in SK, where I am.

And yet we have one of the highest ratesin Canada (no doubt due to the stories of all the boys who get it done at older ages . . . we have a problem here, I'll be posting for advice sometime soon wrt stat gathering/action plan, etc)
Old 02-21-2007, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyJoe View Post
Poor lady. Born with one kidney and half a brain.

:
Old 02-21-2007, 02:44 AM

Quote:

Catching this thread late but...OMG : : : : :
Old 02-21-2007, 03:03 AM

I agree the woman is obviously not right in her head however this statement rubbed me wrong

Quote:
Well during my daughter's pregnancy I had 21 u/s. So far this time I've had 8 and I'm 13 weeks. I'm high risk. My Dr does 3D u/s for his high risk patients (he's a perientologist) and does videos quite regularly for us. And u/s ARE needed in our case.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:09 AM
Fi.

Quote:
I'm high risk.
That's the key words here. You're high risk. She had them optionally for 3d/4d photos/videos. Not medical necessity.

Long distance Mom to boarding school superstars E (9) and Layne (6).
Old 02-21-2007, 11:18 AM

I'm replying after post #11. I love the way you worded it.

The thing that strikes me though, is how early her man-hatred starts coming on: her babe isn't even born yet and she has already decided that he is not good enough. I would ask her why doesn't she just get an abortion if she doesn't want babies?
Old 02-21-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elelvee View Post
I'm replying after post #11. I love the way you worded it.
Thank you. Looking back, I was pretty snarky though.

Quote:
The thing that strikes me though, is how early her man-hatred starts coming on: her babe isn't even born yet and she has already decided that he is not good enough. I would ask her why doesn't she just get an abortion if she doesn't want babies?
We have to be careful about bringing up the "A" word here, it's pretty much an off-limits topic on MDC. I do agree though that it's heartbreaking how even before their born, circumcision-minded parents have concluded that their baby isn't good enough just as he comes, he's not perfect, he needs to be corrected immediately after birth, he requires alteration, change, amputation. It's really sick and sad when you think about it in those terms.

On another board, someone recently said, "It took me 9 and a bit months to grow that perfect bit of skin, NO WAY is someone removing all my hard work "

I loved that!!!

Jen
Old 02-22-2007, 03:34 AM

um, I have seen this exact same listing before, probably like 2 years ago. Seriously, EXACTLY the same, except for the due date. Seems to me like its some fetishist/uber pro circ person or just someone who wants money.

Cari-mama to Eriq, Lile, Paikea, Kaidyn, and Mieke is here!! 2/9/10
Old 02-22-2007, 03:50 AM

it's been bumped from last year because someone was recently trying a similar thing on ebay.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

User Tag List