How old is your intact son? - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
First ... 4  5  6
The Case Against Circumcision > How old is your intact son?
ibusymomto5's Avatar ibusymomto5 08:49 PM 02-23-2006
My intact son will be 6yrs in April.

I'm so thankful we had girls first, back when we were young and dumb and didn't question anything but instead followed the trends/doctor blindly. I'm so thankful that by the time our son was born that we had wised up!

aydensmama's Avatar aydensmama 08:53 PM 02-23-2006
My intact son is almost 16 months!
His intact dad is 26! His intact uncle is 24!
His intact grandpa is 54! His intact great uncle is 50! His other intact great uncle is around 50 also!

This is a family ritual of not hurting our little boys! I didn't really understand but I am so glad my hubby knows best!
SJane01's Avatar SJane01 02:06 PM 02-24-2006
12 going on 13... But unfortunatly he has been harassing his father to let him be circumcised. Thankfully i completely agree with his father that until he's 18.. he's intact!
SJane01's Avatar SJane01 02:09 PM 02-24-2006
And.. my best friend's/next door neighbors son, who is my son's best friend, is also intact after we convinced her not to have him circumcised when he was born.

He is 11.
MilkOnDemand's Avatar MilkOnDemand 02:23 PM 02-24-2006
8 months old
Nathan1097's Avatar Nathan1097 02:30 PM 02-24-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJane01
12 going on 13... But unfortunatly he has been harassing his father to let him be circumcised. Thankfully i completely agree with his father that until he's 18.. he's intact!
I think it should be at least 30! Not until he's experienced a bit of sexuality!
Paddington's Avatar Paddington 04:07 PM 02-24-2006
Quote:
definitely start him on some literature explaining the purpose of the foreskin and things like that. maybe that will get him to change his mind that he doesn't have to "look" like all the boys in the locker room....
Quisalas's Avatar Quisalas 04:16 PM 02-24-2006
My Ds's are 5.5 and 2.5 years old. My 2st we left intact because his father was intact. The second we left intact because we didn't have any reason to circ. The second's father is circ'd, but he was perfectly okay with not circumcising, and said that it was kind of creepy (for him) to care about your penises matching. None of the other boys in the close family are intact, but I never got any fuss from them other than the initial "Oh! He's not circumsized, doesn't that look funny." which I never responded to. We're in Florida, which has such a mix of populations and cultures that I don't think anything is considered weird here anymore.
salmontree's Avatar salmontree 04:46 PM 02-24-2006
My little Q is 4.
SJane01's Avatar SJane01 06:49 PM 02-24-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington
definitely start him on some literature explaining the purpose of the foreskin and things like that. maybe that will get him to change his mind that he doesn't have to "look" like all the boys in the locker room....

He knows all about it, probably more than I do. His main issue is that his foreskin was still very tight up until last summer when his doctor instructed him on how to work on streching it to make it retract comfortably.
Paddington's Avatar Paddington 06:58 PM 02-24-2006
Quote:
He knows all about it, probably more than I do. His main issue is that his foreskin was still very tight up until last summer when his doctor instructed him on how to work on streching it to make it retract comfortably.
then we are following nathan1097's advice and waiting until he has sex! i know, don't think about it... i'm hoping my boy waits until he is 30! i can dream......
SJane01's Avatar SJane01 07:07 PM 02-24-2006
Quote:
then we are following nathan1097's advice and waiting until he has sex! i know, don't think about it... i'm hoping my boy waits until he is 30! i can dream......

Well the problem is a bit more deep than that, he doesn't really care about sex. He's told us that he wants circumcised because 'it would be easier to keep clean and it wouldn't be annoying'. He has not yet hit puberty, and his extra foreskin is almost as long as his penis when he is flaccid, and he claims it makes urination more difficult and it makes cleaning it more difficult.

I am kept out of the loop.. (see my thread that where i asked for help in the health forum) So, I know little more than what i am told and have gotten to see for myself. it does worry me however.
Paddington's Avatar Paddington 07:42 PM 02-24-2006
Quote:
Well the problem is a bit more deep than that, he doesn't really care about sex. He's told us that he wants circumcised because 'it would be easier to keep clean and it wouldn't be annoying'. He has not yet hit puberty, and his extra foreskin is almost as long as his penis when he is flaccid, and he claims it makes urination more difficult and it makes cleaning it more difficult.

I am kept out of the loop.. (see my thread that where i asked for help in the health forum) So, I know little more than what i am told and have gotten to see for myself. it does worry me however.
i'll pm you.
MistyMM's Avatar MistyMM 08:23 PM 02-24-2006
My intact son is 1 year old. My first son, sadly, was circumcised (before we knew the truth). My husband and brother are both cut, so I thought it was necessary. All of our future sons will be left intact of course. In florida, we just managed to get medicaid to stop paying for the circumcisions, so more than 64% of the babies are leaving the hospital intact!! Yippee!!
RiverSky's Avatar RiverSky 09:16 PM 02-24-2006
DS is 7 years old. DH was circumcised and we're so happy to have broken the cycle.
Nathan1097's Avatar Nathan1097 10:23 PM 02-24-2006
Quote:
I meant that by 30, he aught to have a good idea of the value of a complete penis, having had plenty of sexual experience to reflect on.
Paddington's Avatar Paddington 01:26 AM 02-27-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1097
I meant that by 30, he aught to have a good idea of the value of a complete penis, having had plenty of sexual experience to reflect on.
actually i know what you meant, i just don't want my little boy to ever grow up....
Sharlla's Avatar Sharlla 03:06 AM 02-27-2006
Both my sons are intact. They are ages 7.5 years and 8 months
zjande's Avatar zjande 03:29 AM 02-27-2006
My boys are 7.5 & 3 months old.
Jillie's Avatar Jillie 04:29 PM 02-27-2006
4 months. Dh is cut, but didn't see any need to do something painful to ds. I don't know of any other intact children tho
**guest**'s Avatar **guest** 08:38 PM 02-27-2006
My son is 3.
hummingbear's Avatar hummingbear 08:11 PM 03-01-2006
approaching 5
treemom2's Avatar treemom2 10:11 PM 03-01-2006
My son is almost 17 months and is definately uncut!!!
homeschoolmommyof1's Avatar homeschoolmommyof1 08:34 AM 03-04-2006
My intact boy is turning 12 Years old today...sniff- he is growing up.
He was born on Oahu and I really got a bunch of BS from the nurses there for not "snipping" him.
DH was born in Louisiana in 1970 and is (just like his 3 brothers ) uncircumcised.
DesireeH's Avatar DesireeH 09:07 AM 03-04-2006
3.5 years old
Terpatude's Avatar Terpatude 03:09 PM 03-04-2006
13.5 YEARS old!!
zaner'smama's Avatar zaner'smama 03:21 PM 03-04-2006
My little intact man is 10 months
Microsoap's Avatar Microsoap 03:23 PM 03-04-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmommyof1
My intact boy is turning 12 Years old today...sniff- he is growing up.
He was born on Oahu and I really got a bunch of BS from the nurses there for not "snipping" him.
DH was born in Louisiana in 1970 and is (just like his 3 brothers ) uncircumcised.

Wow, that's awesome!

Let you tell me about my Louisiana man...

He's 7 of 9 kids. Their dad is an intact man. There's 5 boys and 4 girls. The first 2 boys were left intact (his older brothers). Then, they circumcised the next boy (older brother)... and unfortunately him and the last boy (youngest brother).

He and I have issues about circumcision and has been about the ONLY battle in our almost 6 year relationship, but even HE has wondered why some were circumcised and some were left intact.

The oldest would have born in Louisiana in the early-'70s. He was born in 1983 and the youngest was born in 1988.

An interesting story indeed, but I think it's WAY COOL that your husband and his brothers were left intact!
homeschoolmommyof1's Avatar homeschoolmommyof1 07:33 PM 03-04-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoap
Wow, that's awesome!

Let you tell me about my Louisiana man...

He's 7 of 9 kids. Their dad is an intact man. There's 5 boys and 4 girls. The first 2 boys were left intact (his older brothers). Then, they circumcised the next boy (older brother)... and unfortunately him and the last boy (youngest brother).

He and I have issues about circumcision and has been about the ONLY battle in our almost 6 year relationship, but even HE has wondered why some were circumcised and some were left intact.

The oldest would have born in Louisiana in the early-'70s. He was born in 1983 and the youngest was born in 1988.

An interesting story indeed, but I think it's WAY COOL that your husband and his brothers were left intact!

Too cool !!!! Must be a Louisiana thing
I asked my MIL once why she did not have her boys circumcised and she simply answered me " I simply did not see any reason to have them cut-what for?" I thought that that is to neat !!!!
His oldest brother was born in '65 and the youngest in '79 and she stuck by her guns all these yrs.
Now the interesting thing to me is...the boys did not have their sons cut but his two sisters had their boys cut....I wished that I could explain this:
First ... 4  5  6

Up