Circumcision Traditions Under Fire - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-09-2006, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is an articale done by MSNBC. Just when I thought I could no longer be shocked and disgusted! Any other time an adult would put their mouth on a childs genitals it would be considered sexual abuse. :Puke
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11149694/

Donnie Mommy to Michael born 01-20-05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2006, 09:03 PM

If people get that pissed being told they can't clean the wound with their mouth, think about how pissed they will be when they are told the can't create the wound with their hands! The day will come!

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
Old 02-10-2006, 09:52 PM

They want to ban it for health reasons - I understand the reasoning ... but the thought that people still want men to be able to suck on their baby's penis is much more worrying.

Quote:
The death was believed to be the first in the United States to be associated with (the procedure), but the city said it had linked four other herpes infections since 1988 to two (ritual circumcisers). Two more cases were reported in 2005, including one in which a child suffered brain damage.
And even more disturbing - that religious community says the deaths and complications were not caused by it. They absolutely refuse to accept the evidence.

I edited the quote from the article so that it doesn't mention that particular religion (trying to make sure the thread doesn't get pulled for 'religious discussion').
Old 02-11-2006, 11:41 PM

I am thoroughly disgusted!!!!!!!! What on earth gives ANYONE the right to put their mouth (or a knife) on a baby's penis!!!!????

User Tag List