Do your intact sons have lots of UTI's? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 104 Old 03-23-2006, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds is almost 6 yrs old. He had ONE two years ago. Of course the doctor wanted to circ. Not even an option. We switched doctors.

My dd is almost 3 and has had one too. They didn't say anything to me about mutilating her genitals

Bottom line, even if my son gets 4 more, it's treatable and I would never take his foreskin away from him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 104 Old 03-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Banned

16 intact DS has never had one.
#63 of 104 Old 03-23-2006, 06:27 PM

Ds will be 5 next month and NEVER had one

DD is 2.5 and she hasn't had one either, even though it's more likely for her to get one

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#64 of 104 Old 03-23-2006, 06:36 PM

Intact DH - 0 UTIs in 31 years

Intact son - 0 UTIs in 3 years

Me - 5 UTIs in 29 years!
#65 of 104 Old 03-23-2006, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 3.5 year old has never had one either.

I've had 1 in my life (honeymoon LOL) but the dr said nothing about mutilating me for it. It's called "treatment." I dont see why some doctors solution for everything is to cut it off. To they cut out infected ears too? Uhh..NO, they TREAT it.

Desiree

#66 of 104 Old 03-24-2006, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikirj
My family and DH's family are all intact.

My 4yo DS has never had a UTI.

My 28yo DH has never had a UTI.

My 17 and 22 yo brothers have never had a UTI.

My 21yo BIL has never had a UTI.

Of the cousins we know well enough to know about these things, all 6 of them have never had a UTI.

My dad is over 50 and had a UTI three years ago after swimming in a, errr, questionable lake...that count?
HOLY COW?! In the U.S.?! Man, if I ever move to the U.S. (I might given my partner's American), I want to move to YOUR area!
#67 of 104 Old 03-24-2006, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoap
HOLY COW?! In the U.S.?! Man, if I ever move to the U.S. (I might given my partner's American), I want to move to YOUR area!
yes in the US. Right now we're in Washington State, but our families come from Wisconsin (mine - where it was considered really weird that they didn't circ, especially in my dad's generation) and Hawaii (where it isn't considered weird at all, at least amongst those we knew, DH is part of a large and prominent local family). It is more luck that we were born into NFL type families than anything else. But in both Hawaii and here in Washington I've never heard a word of dissent about my choices.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#68 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 07:02 AM

If treatment exists for UTI then why should there be circumcision? I found this medication for my nephew ( click to view and read)

http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s31078-s-...NFECTIONS.aspx

It's called UTI clear tincture for UTI and BLADDER infections. It worked wonders for my nephew Tim. But about the circumcision, it is true that it paves way to a much more hygienic condition. And there are loads of people who do it, to ensure proper hygiene.

On the link above, you will have an inflow of information on Urinary TRACT infection. I'm sure that THEN, you all will understand everything about it.
#69 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 08:22 AM

I want to make sure I understand what u said here.
Quote:
But about the circumcision, it is true that it paves way to a much more hygienic condition. And there are loads of people who do it, to ensure proper hygiene.
It almost sounds like u r saying circumcision is a cure for UTI. I am hoping I just am not reading that right. Since the foreskin has NOTHING to do with UTI it is internal. Actually the foreskin helps keep bacteria out. Unless u force retraction wich is a big NONO. That is one of the big myths about the foreskin that it is unclean. We all know that just isnt so.

Could u please clarify.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#70 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 10:09 AM

Intact dd (5) -- 1 UTI -- treated with antibiotics
Intact ds (3) -- 0 UTI
#71 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 10:13 AM

4 and no uti.Amputation is never an option for me to prevent uti's.Lol,in that case I should have had one years ago!
#72 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "American Academy of Pediatrics Policy Statement on circumcision
...one can estimate that 7 to 14 of 1000 uncircumcised male infants will develop a UTI during the first year of life, compared with 1 to 2 of 1000 circumcised male infants.
That is...

0,1%-0,2% or cicumcised boys will get a UTI
0,7%-1,4% of intact boys will get a UTI

UTIs happen in both circumcised and intact boys, and are rare in both. UTIs are treatable with antibiotics and there is really no point to use circumcision as a preventitive procedure, as circumcised boys have a higher rate of other infections as a result of the procedure.
#73 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 10:56 AM

My sons are 18 months and five, both intact, no UTI"s or any other problems.
#74 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 10:56 AM

My son is 10 months old and has never had a UTI. I was scared because I am very prone to them for unknown reasons, so I was worried that something in our chemical makeup would cause him to be the same way. But thankfully he has not gotten one. I also have thought that the foreskin is protective against UTI's and here's why: Whenever my son has a reeeealy messy poop, it goes all over the place, and if the foreskin wasn't there to protect him, I think he would be at higher risk to get an infection. I'm due with baby boy#2 July 31st, and he will not be circ'd either. *shudder* ugh what a horrible procedure...
#75 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 11:03 AM

DS 10- 0 UTI's

DS 6- 0 UTI's
#76 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 11:05 AM

my intact sons are 13 and 7, no UTI's
#77 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyPawnee
If treatment exists for UTI then why should there be circumcision? I found this medication for my nephew ( click to view and read)

It's called UTI clear tincture for UTI and BLADDER infections. It worked wonders for my nephew Tim. But about the circumcision, it is true that it paves way to a much more hygienic condition. And there are loads of people who do it, to ensure proper hygiene.

On the link above, you will have an inflow of information on Urinary TRACT infection. I'm sure that THEN, you all will understand everything about it.
Are you saying circumcision is hygenic? : If so, you need to learn a LOT more about normal male anatomy. An intact male is much cleaner than an intact female - so if "hygiene" is such a big deal it's girls who should be altered.
#78 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 01:28 PM

Does anyone know on which study the AAP is using to base the statistics that Lara posted? I thought (as someone pointed out earlier) the only study done on UTI rates and circumcision was thrown out.

Brandy, um, er, someone's fed you a lot of BS. Read up some more.

My 2-year-old intact 31-week preemie has had a total of 0 UTIs.

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#79 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 02:09 PM

Sigh.

Stop to think for awhile. How do you think that rest of the world survives with foreskins? I mean really - any of these absolutely stupid claims - circ cures everything from masturbation to UTI to cancer - are laughed at outside USA.

Only in USA UTI is connected with foreskin. Makes as much sense than to claim that clitoris causes girls' UTIs.

No doctor would here suggest circumcision for boys or girls to cure UTI.

I have almost 4 years old boy/girl twins.Both are intact, neither of them have ever had UTI. Even though they play in the snow through the winter and now in the summer run nekkid around and spend their time in lake and running on the beach.
#80 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:

From the above link:
Quote:
Urinary tract infection (UTI) usually occurs when bacteria enter the opening of the urethra and multiply in the urinary tract. The urinary tract includes the two kidneys, ureters (tubes that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder), the bladder itself, and urethra (tube that carries urine from the bladder to the urethral opening).
Right. So intact boys, seeing as how they have that wonderfully protective foreskin, are more likely to keep bacteria OUT.

I wonder if, in any UTI study they do on intact vs. circumcised boys, do the researchers ask the parents of infected intact boys if they have been retracting it?

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#81 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 02:23 PM

Oh, and I forgot to say: my son is 18 months (!!) and has had 0 infections. Of course, he breastfeeds a lot, which is proven to be a better preventative of UTI than circumcision.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#82 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 02:39 PM

Not totally on-topic, but thought I'd add this: My intact son recently got a yeast infection. Not sure how, but he did. It is external on the foreskin. Nothing underneath. He now has a purple foreskin from the gentian violet! (Which is working, btw.) But, I was really glad that he has that extra layer between his penis and the rest of the world.
#83 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
But about the circumcision, it is true that it paves way to a much more hygienic condition. And there are loads of people who do it, to ensure proper hygiene.

Oh my. We're probably the best-educated board you could come across on this topic. Please take a look at the stickies on top of this forum.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#84 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 03:32 PM

DS1 5 no uti

DS2 3 no uti

I have 4 intact brothers w/ no utis (ages 6-16)

My one intact bil has had lots (he's9) he was forcibly retracted by a horrible dr & has had trouble since.

I bet the higher intact uti numbers in the study had to do w/forcibly retracting...just a thought.
#85 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 03:43 PM

I didn't read the whole thread but thought I'd add that in my family the following boys are intact and have never had UTI's:

My son (11)
My nephew (10)
My son (10)
My nephew (5)
My nephew (5)
My nephew (4)
My nephew (3)
My nephew (2 months)

In fact out of 8 boys we have never had a single issue with their intact penis's.

Laura

mom to 3 home-born children, wife to a great guy joy.gif

#86 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 04:14 PM

My ds is 6 and hasnt ever had any problem with his foreskin-no UTI's, no infections at all. My dh's two brothers are intact as well and he said that all 3 of them got UTI's at around my sons age, up until about 8 or so. He said he always thought it was because none of of them wanted to clean down there at the time, btu maybe it was something else. My dh is cut-so obviously it didnt make any difference between them. He said if anything he has had more UTI's than his brothers...and their penises still work right. Those poor little boys!!!

Cari-mama to Eriq, Lile, Paikea, Kaidyn, and Mieke is here!! 2/9/10
#87 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 08:40 PM

My soon-to-be one year old has not had one uti. My soon-to-be 63 year old dad hasn't had one either. I, on the other hand, have had a couple, and let me tell you they sure are brutal, but nothing that didn't clear up with the aid of anti-biotics
#88 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 08:50 PM

5 y.o. and no UTI

Quote:
Oh my my. Please read up on this before making this claim. Yes there are many who believe what you write, that however does not make it true in and of itself.
#89 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 08:52 PM

my son is nine and a half and has never had a UTI
#90 of 104 Old 06-16-2006, 08:53 PM

Neither of my sons have had UTIs. They are 13 and 5 and both intact.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page