Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-24-2006, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted a few questions on another forum, and here's one of the answers:

Do you agree with male circumcision? Why (either answer)? Yes, its much more sanitary, plus uncircumsised(sp?) penis's can cause cervical cancer for woman

I had to stop a second and think, but this doesn't sound right to me. Does anyone have any information on this?
#2 of 7 Old 04-24-2006, 03:15 AM

I don't agree with it anymore, I had ds1 done and I regret it, ds2 is not done. As for cervical cancer, my mom had it and I thought I was going to get it, but the doc informed me that that kind of cancer is caused from a STD. Now some people(not on MDC)will tell you that un cut penises will give you STD's or aids or what ever, which is not true at all. Men that(and women but women don't have penises)have unprotected sex with whoever they want give you STD's and aids, not only men that are un cut.
#3 of 7 Old 04-24-2006, 03:25 AM

About cervical cancer, I don't have a source for this so it's just from my foggy memory, but I think there was initially a connection made between male circ and cervical cancer in their partners because of a study that showed that practicing Jewish women had a much lower rate of cervical cancer than the general population, which was attributed to their husbands' circ status. But on further examination, the difference was attributed to another Jewish custom, sexual abstinence during a woman's period. Now as I say, I have nothing to back this up besides my foggy memory, but there you are.
#4 of 7 Old 04-24-2006, 03:25 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I'd ask her for a reference on what evidence there is for intact penises causing cervical cancer.
(there are none).
#5 of 7 Old 04-24-2006, 10:34 AM

From the Canadian Pediatric Society:

www.cps.ca/english/statements/FN/fn96-01.htm

"Cervical Carcinoma

HPV types 16 and 18 are the viruses most commonly associated with cancer of the cervix.76-79 Herpes simplex virus type 2 has also been shown to be a causal agent in cervical cancer.78,80 A higher-than-average risk of cervical cancer has been reported among the wives of men who had been previously married to women with cervical cancer.81 As well, epidemiological studies have shown that starting sexual activity at an early age and having multiple sexual partners predispose women to cervical cancer.82,83 Overall, no specific cause-and-effect relation between exposure to uncircumcised sexual partners and cervical cancer has been established.80 "
#6 of 7 Old 04-24-2006, 12:36 PM

Here is my page on Cancer. It could use some updating actually but here are the basics:

http://www.circumcisionquotes.com/index6.html
#7 of 7 Old 04-24-2006, 02:40 PM

Hello and welcome! First of all, how is cutting off part of a babys penis and creating an open wound that has to sit in a poopy diaper MORE sanitary? I mean common sense people In fact, the foreskin is there to protect the penis and keep it clean. Have you read the Mothering article on circumcision? It explains the functions of the foreskin very well.
http://www.mothering.com/articles/ne...cumcision.html

And for your second question, no medical org in the world recognizes the foreskin as a risk factor for cancer of any kind. Poor hygeine yes, sexual promescuity yes, a foreskin definate NO!
http://www.cirp.org/library/disease/cancer

I hope that answers some of your questions.

Take care,
Tara

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page