Circumcision and pets - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 05-03-2006, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mara
Wow LOL OK, I was wrong. I never saw that behavior in any of my geldings or other ones at the stables. Definitely saw crazy behavior from the stallions, I didn't realize a gelding would still act studdish.
I used to have horses, too. Isn't it true that the later a horse is gelded can have a lot to do w/ his temperment? He remebers being a stallion and retains some of his stallion qualities. I haven't studied horses for several years, but I seem to remember that info.
I've also heard of cats that are neutered later in life still behaving like tom cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 05-03-2006, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Isn't it true that the later a horse is gelded can have a lot to do w/ his temperment?
Thats very true. Health conditions can make for studdish behavior too. My friend had a mare that had a tumor on her ovary and if you didn't look under her belly you would have sworn she was a stud!!! We had a gelding with a thyroid issue and once his levels we fixed he quit being studly.
#33 of 38 Old 05-03-2006, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellimamo
Thats very true. Health conditions can make for studdish behavior too. My friend had a mare that had a tumor on her ovary and if you didn't look under her belly you would have sworn she was a stud!!! We had a gelding with a thyroid issue and once his levels we fixed he quit being studly.
Now that you mention that story, I remember a similar story with a mare at teh stable. I don't remember about a tumor (I was just a child) but I remember there being a mare with very bizarre studdish behavior, I wonder if she had the same thing as the horse you mention. So funny.
#34 of 38 Old 05-03-2006, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mara
A gelding is totally different that a vasectomy'd guy. In a horse they don't jusdt clip the tubes, they totally castrate them. Maybe they can get erections, I don't know, I've never seen a gelding have a hard penis, whenever I've seen them come out they've been soft and floppy./ But I just wanted to pount out that castration is different than what a man human gets when he gets"fixed".
I'm not talking about vasectomies. I'm talking eunuchs and castrati. There are human men on this planet (even in this country) who have have been castrated.
http://www.geocities.com/sherrylanin...onEffects.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by from the site
I still have occasional nocturnal erections at night, and less often I even have orgasms in my sleep. About half of these are dry orgasms while the others are accompanied by only a small amount of clear fluid. Otherwise I don't feel aroused unless I want to. Many eunuchs also report being in complete control of their sexuality. If I did want to get an erection I could, but it would take more effort. I don't have erections only because I don't want them.

Eunuchs who do remain sexually active usually have sex much less often, but report that when they do it is more special, and some of their spouses feel the same way. Because the eunuch does not arouse so quickly, he can take more time on the foreplay and afterglow.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#35 of 38 Old 05-03-2006, 09:30 PM

So castrated guys still get erections and ejaculate? I had no idea.
#36 of 38 Old 05-03-2006, 10:11 PM

Yup! Crazy huh?

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#37 of 38 Old 02-12-2014, 10:16 PM

Nope, all mammals have foreskins. You could circumcise them... there is a case of a bull being circumcised in the veterinary literature... but why would you want to? Humans are the only group dumb enough to do this to their babies.

#38 of 38 Old 02-27-2014, 04:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

This is an argument that I occasionally use.  A while ago I went to our family doctor for a suspected hernia. It turned out that a locum was filling in.  During the course of the appointment, I took the opportunity to express my huge disappointment at having been circumcised.  She seemed a bit surprised and went on to explain how they try to give balanced information to parents in order for them to make their own decision.  I said that there are no positives to circumcision and that it should be a decision for the owner of the penis , adding that "If you circumcised your dog, you would likely end up in jail!".  She thought for a moment, then said "Yes, you probably would".  I hope I planted a seed.

Springshowers likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page