Want help diferentiating between degrees of circumcision - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
The Case Against Circumcision > Want help diferentiating between degrees of circumcision
Yoshua's Avatar Yoshua 08:27 PM 05-10-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246
And does it matter WHAT skin you are promoting growth in? Do you have to be careful to get the same skin every time?
so far all I do is tape the shaft skin to the canister, it seems to choose all on its own where it grows.

so far it has been right in front of the scar line, eventually i will have a 'lip' of skin that i will tape to the canister, but as of now I am just taping the shaft skin.

Yoshua's Avatar Yoshua 08:29 PM 05-10-2006
Quote:
So you don't strech every day?

DaddyJoe did. I am not. but I am not in a rush to get it done. I work fine now, I just want to know what it is like to have one, and I want the glans to dekaterinize.

I don't want stretch marks and I am not in a rush. My SO likes me just the way I am, but she wants me to get more out of sex so she is enthusiastic about my restoration 'for' me.
Synchro246's Avatar Synchro246 08:29 PM 05-10-2006
I asked because I read a post where the restoring man was "very careful about which skin. . ."

about the mess.

I'm about to go have my 1000th post party
A&A's Avatar A&A 09:37 PM 05-10-2006
Quote:
A few nights ago I asked to see dh's penis.
I'm sure this request thrilled him!!
Galatea's Avatar Galatea 10:45 PM 05-10-2006
Dh is a CI-3 (circ'ed) and even that level feels great. So maybe the unsure men could just set that as a goal; it might be less intimidating.
Harley Winston's Avatar Harley Winston 10:47 AM 05-11-2006
I just wanted to add my thoughts and experience:

Time: There is no straight answer on whether Restoring 24/7 or every few days is best. I typically use the t-tape method with an elastic strap at work and do it 6-8 hours over the 5 day workweek. Weekends I don’t bother as it gives me a rest, and I don’t have to worry about it. Just like going to the gym to workout, too much can be bad, and doing nothing will get you nowhere. Really, it is your lifestyle and comfort level that will dictate what you do.

Night use: I generally suggest that night-time Restoration is not recommended. The biggest problem is the fear of ‘something’ happening that could easily be adjusted during the day, but that might cause problems if not noticed while you are asleep. If you are looking at doing something at night, I would suggest that you only try to keep the skin forward (T-tape, small o-rings etc.), but do not actively put tension on the skin. This may be difficult until you have enough skin growth to make coverage during nightly erections comfortable.

Which skin: A man can focus his restoration efforts on either the inner remaining foreskin or the shaft skin, or both. When starting restoration, I suggest focusing tension evenly on both so that both have a chance to grow, which might be faster. When enough slack is achieved, I would focus on the inner skin so that the higher sensitivity of the skin could be spread over a larger surface area. The inner skin is also thinner, and seems to create a more natural skin ‘hug’ than the thicker shaft skin when it folds back on itself.

You can also try: http://www.apollotechonline.com/Freq..._Questions.php for more detailed information.
frenchie's Avatar frenchie 12:47 PM 05-11-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchristy
http://www.newforeskin.biz/CI/CIchart.htm

Hey, I've got it bookmarked.
This is such an interesting topic! Looking through that, my DH is a CI-3...but he has even more skin than in the picture...yet it never covers the glans like in the CI-4 picture.
frenchie's Avatar frenchie 12:51 PM 05-11-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshua
I wouldnt advise it. I fell asleep with my stretcher on and woke up with an erection. It was not the best feeling trying to get an erect glans out of a film canister.... it barely fits in there flaccid.
:
~Megan~'s Avatar ~Megan~ 02:14 AM 05-12-2006
so are all babies a c9 or higher? or are some babies born with less?
kathy1_10's Avatar kathy1_10 02:32 AM 05-12-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamao'two
so are all babies a c9 or higher? or are some babies born with less?
Some babies are born with a short foreskin while others are born with a long foreskin.

My dh is barely a C1 (he has a very tight circumcision) while my ds has C10; he has a long foreskin, but I don't know if it will be like that when he gets older.
frenchie's Avatar frenchie 02:47 AM 05-12-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1_10

My dh is barely a C1 (he has a very tight circumcision) while my ds has C10; he has a long foreskin, but I don't know if it will be like that when he gets older.
I've been wondering this too. My son is about a CI-9...but when he's erect, his glans is still covered, but there isn't as much skin as the CI-10 picture. Of course he's only 3, which I'm sure is why his glans is still covered when he's erect. (My kid always get's an erection when he poops...so I see it erect at least once a day )
Synchro246's Avatar Synchro246 10:44 AM 05-12-2006
I still wonder on that website where do the circumcisions start and where do the intact penises start.
jessjgh1's Avatar jessjgh1 11:18 AM 05-12-2006
Quote:
I still wonder on that website where do the circumcisions start and where do the intact penises start.
Me too. And irl, too.

I posted this but haven't heard anything yet...

Well, all this talk about restoring always gets me thinking.

I think dh is a c-1, and right now I can't really approach him about it, I'm waiting for an opportunity, but I'll always have to tread carefully. All the talk about restoring with some foreskin there makes me feel very sad that I don't think he really has any.

I'm not sure about the circumstances behind dh's circ-- he is Jewish, but I'm not sure he had a Mohel or a circ at the hospital.

Is there any 'typical' Jewish circumcision-- or is it across the board just as hospital circs are???

I know I've heard both mention that in the US there is a 'requirement' for glans exposure (which was just mentioned in brief once) and also comments that in Israel, circumcisions are looser.

Any thoughts???

Jessica
wendy1221's Avatar wendy1221 12:37 PM 05-12-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1
Me too. And irl, too.

I posted this but haven't heard anything yet...

Well, all this talk about restoring always gets me thinking.

I think dh is a c-1, and right now I can't really approach him about it, I'm waiting for an opportunity, but I'll always have to tread carefully. All the talk about restoring with some foreskin there makes me feel very sad that I don't think he really has any.

I'm not sure about the circumstances behind dh's circ-- he is Jewish, but I'm not sure he had a Mohel or a circ at the hospital.

Is there any 'typical' Jewish circumcision-- or is it across the board just as hospital circs are???

I know I've heard both mention that in the US there is a 'requirement' for glans exposure (which was just mentioned in brief once) and also comments that in Israel, circumcisions are looser.

Any thoughts???

Jessica
Jessica, I am in the exact same boat. My dh is also Jewish, was cut by a mohel. He is so tight, the hairy skin from his scrotum goes halfway up the shaft. It is very uncomfortable at times to say the least. I keep wanting to broach the subject of restoring--not even full restoral, but maybe just enough to get rid of the hair. DUnno
Synchro246's Avatar Synchro246 01:14 PM 05-12-2006
A small breakthru happened with dh and his concept of restoring. He didn't relise that the forskin had a sexual function. I explained the mechanics of it and he was a LITTLE more interested. Maybe in 5 years he will be a little more interested.
Intactguy57's Avatar Intactguy57 02:21 PM 05-12-2006
Based on the fact that I have been looking at an intact penis for 57 years I would guess that in the pictures intact starts at the C1-5 picture or no later than the C1-6 picture. May be wrong but looks very familiar.
Synchro246's Avatar Synchro246 02:35 PM 05-12-2006
Ok. Thanks. I didn't know a circumcision could leave that much forskin, although I don't know why I assumed that.
So when mr. CI4 was being circ'd do you think the doctor left that much skin intentionally (assuming it was done when he was a baby)?
When docs do circ on babies how much control do they have over the ammount of skin left behind?
Intactguy57's Avatar Intactguy57 03:51 PM 05-12-2006
Every thing is so small at that age I have no idea. But for the most part I think a doctor learns from experience where and how to cut. I would hope that I was not the the doctor's first patient had I been cut. I have read stories by nurses that have attended circs where one doctor was training a new resident. You should have read that horror story. Three baby boys one trained doctor and two new resident students. The operation went from a 10-15 minute procedure to a 25-30 minute horror show. I wonder if the parents of those boys ever knew their sons were used as training devices.
Revamp's Avatar Revamp 04:04 PM 05-12-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intactguy57
Every thing is so small at that age I have no idea. But for the most part I think a doctor learns from experience where and how to cut. I would hope that I was not the the doctor's first patient had I been cut. I have read stories by nurses that have attended circs where one doctor was training a new resident. You should have read that horror story. Three baby boys one trained doctor and two new resident students. The operation went from a 10-15 minute procedure to a 25-30 minute horror show. I wonder if the parents of those boys ever knew their sons were used as training devices.
That sounds so awful!

I am about a C-8/C-9 flaccid and I resemble a C-6 erect thanks to the Beauge Method.
Intactguy57's Avatar Intactguy57 04:16 PM 05-12-2006
I am around a C1-7 and natural. I have thought about trying for maybe a C1-8 but am just happy to be born in the USA and natural, Thanks Mom and Dad.
Revamp's Avatar Revamp 04:24 PM 05-12-2006
Quote:
I am around a C1-7 and natural. I have thought about trying for maybe a C1-8 but am just happy to be born in the USA and natural, Thanks Mom and Dad.
Yay!

This is great to hear, I am so glad. Being a Brit I was never really of much risk, despite the fact that my dad had been done (not sure why) it was just not an option.

And C-7 seems fine to me...
Revamp's Avatar Revamp 04:28 PM 05-12-2006
(whoops, double post)
Synchro246's Avatar Synchro246 04:33 PM 05-12-2006
Would there be any advantage to trying to make your forskin longer? It seems to me that whatever nature intended is likely to be near perfect.
Intactguy57's Avatar Intactguy57 05:44 PM 05-12-2006
Sometimes during a normal days activities, work or play, a shorter style forskin could retract somewhat causing the glands to be exposed to clothing which as you have heard many times can be irritating to the glands, you find yourself fixing yourself with your hands a lot to solve this problem (I don't see how a circ. man stands the constant rubbing that is why they like to circ. boys very young so they never know any other way) The only reason that I would maybe intertain the idea to be a little longer C1-8 or so would be to help this problem.
Revamp's Avatar Revamp 06:23 PM 05-12-2006
Quote:
Sometimes during a normal days activities, work or play, a shorter style forskin could retract somewhat causing the glands to be exposed to clothing which as you have heard many times can be irritating to the glands, you find yourself fixing yourself with your hands a lot to solve this problem (I don't see how a circ. man stands the constant rubbing that is why they like to circ. boys very young so they never know any other way) The only reason that I would maybe intertain the idea to be a little longer C1-8 or so would be to help this problem.
So what would you use to obtain this desired extra length?
1  2

Up