Interested in Circumsicion - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-10-2006, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure how to spell it. Sorry had three girls and if they would have been boys we would not have done it. I want another child and was wondering what is the reasons medicaly that you must do it? I always choose not to do it because I can't see a real reason to do it. I guess I breathed a sigh of relief each time I had a girl. MY DH is circumsised and he only worries if we had a son that he would not look the same as other boys in school. Well I see his point as boys like to brag but really isn't the trend going the other way now and so its going to be about 50/50 for that. I don't know just something to be informed of even if its just my future grandsons. I wonder relly what is the diffrence when their older? Any help would be great thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 05-10-2006, 06:21 PM

There are no medical reasons to do it. At all.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#3 of 9 Old 05-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyJoy1975
MY DH is circumsised and he only worries if we had a son that he would not look the same as other boys in school.
Pierced ears is a much more visible sign of difference. Everyone knows that no ones genitals look the same, so I don't see why he would use that as a valid concern. Also, IMO, something is wrong if you are comparing genitals, those are private and not for others to see, let alone compare.
#4 of 9 Old 05-10-2006, 06:44 PM

The only medical reasons to do it (these are later in life) would be gangerine, frostbite, or cancer. Not something that would happen to a newborn and something that would be extremely rare in an adult.

As far as medical reasons to do it to a newborn,.... there are none at all 0, zip, nadda, zilch.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#5 of 9 Old 05-10-2006, 06:48 PM

not only are there no reasons TO do it, but there are plenty of reasons why you SHOULDN'T.

1) his penis, his choice
2) open wound in a diaper = asking for infection
3) it removes a healthy, functioning, sexual organ
4) his penis, his choice
5) the foreskin is there to protect the glans penis against chafing, etc. it's not meant to be an external organ, yet being constantly exposed keratinizes the head of the penis.
6) did I mention it's HIS penis?

There are wonderful threads at the very top of this forum that have LOADS of info.
#6 of 9 Old 05-11-2006, 12:14 AM

As far as the "look like other boys in school" reason....

My dh wanted to have our boys circed, for a number of reasons but this one did come up. I ended up winning and we left our boys intact. Recently, some friends of ours from high school got married and pregnant. I was talking to her about how we chose not to circ and i found out that her hubby wasn't circed and that they weren't planning on circing. My husband and i have known this guy for ten years, we went to school with him and neither of us ever had the slightest inkling that he was intact. So the chances of this becoming a problem are pretty slim, especially as you said, the circ rate being so close to the intact rate now.

Rest easy, if you ever do have a boy, your first instinct, to leave him whole as he was designed, is the correct one

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#7 of 9 Old 05-11-2006, 10:06 AM

You will find many circumcision advocates telling you that: urinary tract infections, AIDS, cancer, STD's, phimosis etc... are great and valid reasons for circumcision. Please understand that NO MEDICAL ASSOCIATION IN THE WORLD recommends routine circumcision for ANY REASON.

NO MEDICAL ASSOCIATION IN THE WORLD RECOMMENDS CIRCUMCISION TO PREVENT URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS

NO MEDICAL ASSOCIATION IN THE WORLD RECOMMENDS CIRCUMCISION TO PREVENT AIDS

NO MEDICAL ASSOCIATION IN THE WORLD RECOMMENDS CIRCUMCISION TO PREVENT CANCER

NO MEDICAL ASSOCIATION IN THE WORLD RECOMMENDS CIRCUMCISION TO PREVENT STD’S

Sorry to repeat myself, but I wanted to make the point. You will undoubtedly find that many people believe that circumcision is great at preventing (fill in the blank disease), but not to a degree that is medically recommended, even when all the small ‘benefits’ are combined.

Things circumcision does not prevent
Circumcision does not prevent Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
Circumcision does not prevent Penile Cancer
Circumcision does not prevent Cervical Cancer
Circumcision does not prevent HIV/AIDS infection
Circumcision does not prevent Phimosis
Circumcision does not prevent needing to be cut later
Circumcision does not prevent your son's genitals from looking different than his father's
Circumcision does not prevent teasing in the locker-room
Circumcision does not prevent needing to clean the penis
Circumcision does not prevent genital odour
Circumcision does not prevent Premature Ejaculation
Circumcision certainly does not prevent masturbation
Circumcision does not prevent you from not getting into Heaven

All of these thing can and DO happen to circumcised men.

Circumcision is a permanent, painful, sexually altering amputation, performed on an unconsenting person without ANY medical need.
#8 of 9 Old 05-11-2006, 10:14 AM

My brother was born in 1982 and was left intact when it was waaaaay more common to circ. I asked him once if that caused him any problems in school and he just laughed and said no. He then said he couldn't even tell me which of his best friends were circ'd and which were intact.
#9 of 9 Old 05-11-2006, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
There are no medical reasons to do it. At all.
Kathryn...I love it that you are saving the world one forskin at a time!

Whenever I am faced with someone questioning me about why I never circumcised my boys and they bring up the bogus thought that infection, or injury, whatifyou have to have him circed later story that every pro. circer tends to have....I just say what if he gets a ruptured spleen or appendix or tonsilitis???? Should I have all these body parts removed at birth on the remote chance that something may go wrong with them? No!

After hearing and seeing how circ's are done I know my boys are thankful it was never done to them!! Sure they may compare their penis's to their cusins or whatever but I honestly don't think they care one way or the other.They are used to seeing their own penis so this is what's normal for them. I think the extra skin also makes the penis look bigger so this has got to be a bonus for those locker room comparisons when they get older!!

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page