Last Comic Standing - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 06-08-2006, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, I am perfectly aware my penis is purely annecdotal but in my case the glans is about 40-30% covered during an erection if left up to its own devices although that can be easily tugged all the way back or all the way up via the good ol' Gliding Motion.
#32 of 50 Old 06-08-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora114
Ok, NO NOT ALL INTACT PENISES LOOK CIRCUMCISED WHEN ERECT. Some still have the foreskin covering (and yes still retractable) My DH's glans doesn't show when he's erect and he's fully retractable.

I really wish people would stop spreading this rumor.

heck NONE Of the intact guys I've been with have the glans showing when they are erect, but were still retractile.

: OY!
Same with my boyfriend. AND... even when retracted, they don't look the same. There's still foreskin there - just the inside shows- and the frenulum! Not only that, but the glans is not dried out....the skin is not tight....
#33 of 50 Old 06-08-2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1097
Same with my boyfriend. AND... even when retracted, they don't look the same. There's still foreskin there - just the inside shows- and the frenulum! Not only that, but the glans is not dried out....the skin is not tight....
I and all other intact fellows I have seen erect do not bear that great a resemblence to circumcised guys in the same state.

Firstly there is the skin that furls around the glans up once fully erect, retractions while erect are normally not fully possible, as in inner skin can not be peeled back and exposed. The glans is normally a slightly different shade although that varies I guess, the glans is more moist and then there is the frenulum... Which is actually a lot more skin than you might thing especially with the skin that makes a sort of V up the underside.

TMI?
#34 of 50 Old 06-08-2006, 06:56 PM

#35 of 50 Old 06-08-2006, 08:23 PM

All in all, genitals differ - male, female, circ'd or uncirc'd!

Going back to the pp who spoke of a circumcised penis "pointing to the sky"... yes, there is a tendency for it to protrude when flaccid. I think it's largely due to the fact that without the extra weight of a foreskin, the penis is apt to lift away from the body. A tight circumcision will exacerbate the condition, of course.

But erect is erect is erect and foreskins are as naturally different as the female prepuce is. They will still function as they oughta!

Christopher

Education is the discovery of our own ignorance. Will Durant

"You give a little love and it all comes back to you....

You know you gonna be remembered for the things you say and do."

Bugsy Malone

#36 of 50 Old 06-08-2006, 09:04 PM

We saw Last Comic Standing too. My dh just looked at me knowing I wouldn't approve. I didn't think he got a big response from that joke. Some people were laughing but I saw a lot of straight faces too. I would have loved to be there to BOOO him!

It bothers me because you know so many people are on the fence on this issue and this kind of joke is exactly what some parents worry about...their son being teased and rejected. I think the fear of this sort of thing far outweighs any real experience with it. I'm not saying it never happnes, but not as much as people think it will.

To be honest, I wish my dh was intact. Many of my girlfriends have said the same (about their partners!).
#37 of 50 Old 06-09-2006, 05:35 PM

Well there are also anectodal stories about those women that don't realize their partner was intact until the morning....

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#38 of 50 Old 06-09-2006, 11:12 PM

Thank you all for the input regarding the look of an intact, erect penis. I admit that I have never seen one with my own eyes and was, in fact, a believer in the above-mentioned myths (no more, though! )

I really only made my comments to make fun of the comedian, but I guess I ended up making fun of myself as well.

Thanks, also, for handling my lack of information so tactfully. I will continue to post and learn!
#39 of 50 Old 06-10-2006, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revamp
I am perfectly aware my penis is purely annecdotal ...
That just struck me as sooooo funny!

I wish I had an anecdotal penis .

Mom to three 14 y.o. rock star grrl, 5 y.o. knight in spazzy armour and baby Juniper, born still @39 weeks 4 days 2-3-10 .
#40 of 50 Old 06-10-2006, 05:02 AM

I saw that and was totally offended : The joke wasn't even funny.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#41 of 50 Old 06-10-2006, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1
Well there are also anectodal stories about those women that don't realize their partner was intact until the morning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadkitty
That just struck me as sooooo funny!

I wish I had an anecdotal penis .
LOL, I am glad I succeeded where the focus of the OP failed in my penis-related humour.

And don't feel bad! All penises are different and whether based on annecdote or scientific studies they all work fine.
#42 of 50 Old 06-10-2006, 10:28 AM

As soon as I heard that a@@ I knew someone on MDC would have something to say about it

I just hope his sons aren't as ignorant as he is when it comes time for them to make choices about their children.

Thanks, also, for the stats about erect peni. I hadn't really given this issue much thought , I just knew cutting my boy wasn't worth any potential appearance differences. I figured later he might thank me for leaving intact a part of him that could provide more sexual pleasure than a cut penis
#43 of 50 Old 06-10-2006, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
A lot of times, yes. It's because the body doesn't have enough skin to let the penis become erect without pulling the skin so taute (sp?) that it has to point upwards.
wow, never knew that.

i am glad i don't watch tv, because really, what this guy said, would be offensive to people in general..(imo) to insinuate the gentials are ugly just because they are different( and lets face it we are all different) is awful!
has he been living under a rock for the past 50 years?

wonder what horrendous "jokes" he tells about race or religion but since those wouldn't be politically correct on national television, he decided to ridicule gentials.
wow.
#44 of 50 Old 06-10-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileysmommy
wow, never knew that.
It really is quite a lot of skin.

The problem really stems from the operation being performed during infancy: it is next to impossible to predict growth and thus the increase in size of the penis is a hard thing to adjust for. When performed during adulthood or even mid to late adolescence this problem does not occur so much, neither do an entire ream of similar ones.

In a sense circumcision effects the otherwise "Lucky" well hung guys more than the compacts.

Quote:
i am glad i don't watch tv, because really, what this guy said, would be offensive to people in general..(imo) to insinuate the gentials are ugly just because they are different( and lets face it we are all different) is awful!
has he been living under a rock for the past 50 years?

wonder what horrendous "jokes" he tells about race or religion but since those wouldn't be politically correct on national television, he decided to ridicule gentials.
wow.
I am intact and I must say I did not really find his comments offensive, just ignorant.

And the joke is on him really: he is an idiot. And probably not an idiot who is going to restore any time soon either so he is missing out on plenty of pleasure and the numerous benefits associated with foreskin ownership.

His loss not mine.
#45 of 50 Old 06-10-2006, 05:38 PM

Honestly? That was my reaction when I first saw DH's penis, and he's circed. I think it's just kind of a normal reaction to seeing a penis up close and personal for the first time. Plus, I was kinda bummed that he was circumcised - it looked so naked to me.
#46 of 50 Old 06-10-2006, 06:09 PM

We too, were watching and disgusted at this guy's circ "jokes". There's inappropriate funny...and innappropriate uncalled for. He was in the second camp.

Quote:
I think it's largely due to the fact that without the extra weight of a foreskin, the penis is apt to lift away from the body. A tight circumcision will exacerbate the condition, of course.
This answers a question dh and I have wondered for quite some time. He's circed and it wasn't even. He pulls up and to one side. Now that I've read that I know why. and when he wakes from his nap I will tell him and he will put an end to a nearly 38 year old mystery.
#47 of 50 Old 06-10-2006, 07:36 PM

Is this him??

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=52797562

If so, have fun MySpace members... Just remember we catch more flies with honey than with vinegar!

(check out the comment about LCS from 6-7-06)
#48 of 50 Old 06-10-2006, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1
I would agree that the information out there implies that the glans becomes exposed when aroused- and a intact penis looks (almost) like a circed one (when aroused).

Even if it is not an absolute truth, I would have thought that it was the case in the majority? Yes? No??

THis can be an 'a-ha' moment for some people.... I remember discussions of nudity and intactness.... essentially that nude statues etc of intact men were not considered vulgar/etc becuase the glans was covered, penis not erect, etc. Also, that parents used to intactness had a hard time with circumcision because its intent seems to showcase the penis in a sexual state.

Those arguements had a lot of impact to me when I was learning about the issue.

Jessica
Oh my gosh, so true. When I see a circed penis it seems so exposed and so aggressive looking. Even when flacid. It creeps me out. Seeing a baby boy or toddler with a circed penis really creeps me out, you just shouldn't see that private part like that. The glans is supposed to be covered except in intimate moments. I feel like I'm being violated when I see one as well as feel like I am violating them for glancing their very most private part. It's like a guy seeing my bush (read not seeing much, just me standing there and my pubes showing) versus my lips all spread eagle.
#49 of 50 Old 06-10-2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen123
This answers a question dh and I have wondered for quite some time. He's circed and it wasn't even. He pulls up and to one side. Now that I've read that I know why. and when he wakes from his nap I will tell him and he will put an end to a nearly 38 year old mystery.
I'm glad the mystery is solved... 38 years is a long time! Seriously, though, when we meddle with nature there are consequences.

Christopher

Education is the discovery of our own ignorance. Will Durant

"You give a little love and it all comes back to you....

You know you gonna be remembered for the things you say and do."

Bugsy Malone

#50 of 50 Old 06-11-2006, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mara
Oh my gosh, so true. When I see a circed penis it seems so exposed and so aggressive looking. Even when flacid. It creeps me out. Seeing a baby boy or toddler with a circed penis really creeps me out, you just shouldn't see that private part like that. The glans is supposed to be covered except in intimate moments. I feel like I'm being violated when I see one as well as feel like I am violating them for glancing their very most private part. It's like a guy seeing my bush (read not seeing much, just me standing there and my pubes showing) versus my lips all spread eagle.
Same here...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page