Question for the masses :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2006, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok PLEASE don't bash me I am not trying to stir trouble, I really am just curious adn have wondered about this since i have begun my research on circ.
Everyoen keeps refering to how much more sexual pleasure an intact man has than a circ one. How do you know this? where did this stat come from? I'm simply wondering how we could measure such a thing? Cause comparing one guy ot another just doesnt' make sense cause they are two different people regarldess of thier penis. Did someone get circ as an adult adn say it was much more pleasurable before? Or did someone get reconstructed adn prefer it better? I'm confused. DH is circ and a previous partner was uncirc and honestly I couldnt' tell teh difference (i know Iknow I know it's not supposed to be ME that noticed a difference) but i really thought that if THEY feel that much a difference then should a female feel SOMETHING? (or maybe they do and i just never did?) Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2006, 05:17 PM

it comes from sensitivity.

I will give you my personal proof as this.

I go commando. I rarely wear underwear. Jeans, Khakis, Dress pants. Doesnt reallymatter, I feel confined in them

I have an intact friend who also does this from time to time.

He asked me the exact same question 'how do you know the feeling is different?'

I asked him to go into the bathroom, skin up his foreskin, tape it so it cant go over the glans and wear jeans all day.

He crossed his legs, his eyes got wide and he made a face while saying 'owww'

It has to do with sensitivy. I also talked to him about the part underneath that is more sensitive. It is more sensitive for me too, but I can pinch mine. I asked him to pinch his and he about jumped out of the chair at the thought.

Women who have given oral to men circed and intact claim that it is far easier to make a man orgasm through oral and manual manipulation than a Circed man.

It comes down to sensations, and how much a person can feel.

Partner to :Jessica(??) papa to Jake(7) and : Kaiya (2)
Old 06-09-2006, 05:19 PM

also.

Many men on this board have restored their foreskins by tugging on their shaft skin and causing new cell growth. The process takes about 3 years.

i am also undergoing this.

The men have all stated that there is much more sensation after they regrow their foreskin, and I can attest that I do not need as much 'thrust' time as I used to to finish now. At least while I am in the restoring process when the head stays covered by the shaft most of the time.

Partner to :Jessica(??) papa to Jake(7) and : Kaiya (2)
Old 06-09-2006, 05:39 PM

Two thoughts...

First, in *my* personal experience with plenty of circ'd guys (all styles), NONE has reacted like my current, intact boyfriend. Its a totally different "planet"- much more intense, enjoyable, lasts longer, more nuanced for him - - and MORE FUN FOR ME!

That said, I am currently reading a book called Stumbling on Happiness. In it, it takes about how can someone REALLY know what another person experiences? A short quote:

Experience stretching is a bizarre phrase but not a birzarre idea. We often say of others who claim to be happy despite circumstances that we believe should preclude it that "they only think they're happy because they don't know what they're missing." Okay, sure, but that's the point. Not knowing what we're missing can mean that we are truly happy under circumstances that would not allow us to be happy once we have experienced the missing thing. It does not mean that those who don't know what they're miss are less happy than those who have it.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:44 PM

To me it is obvious: If you remove what amounts to 15 square inches of skin in an adult man (that is the size of an index card!), you are going to remove a lot of sensation. Science has determined that there are 20,000-30,000 nerve endings in the foreskin. How could an intact man NOT feel more?

If you continue your research, you will learn about the structure of the foreskin, the way it moves during sex, etc. Does someone have the link to the Prepuce video? It's long and kind of dry (it's meant for doctors), but very informative.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

Old 06-10-2006, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula's Mom
Does someone have the link to the Prepuce video? It's long and kind of dry (it's meant for doctors), but very informative.
You can find it here; http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/

Just scroll down a little bit and look for Medical School Curriculum
The Prepuce - a D.O.C. video (wmv)
Old 06-10-2006, 09:38 AM

Well I have been able to tell this since I first found out circumcision existed really.

Basically as an intact man you can tell that those talking about it having no effect are speaking nonsense. It is a lot of skin to miss, especially if you get a tight cut. An intact friend of mine who knows next to nothing about this issue mentioned unprompted that he thought they must have loads of "Problems" when it comes to sex.

This is because for an intact fellow the primary source of pleasure is the "Gliding Motion", where the skin slips smoothly back and forth across the glans in a highly pleasurable fashion. With a circumcised guy you have to simulate that but as there is not the same double-layered sensation it is inferior, as the nerves within the foreskin's inner lining are highly pleasurable.

In addition I am aware that leaving my glans exposed by retracting for a period of time would kill my sexual pleasure almost completely. The level of pleasure that is obtained from direct glans stimulation is reasonable but using the foreskin it far excels this to the extent of making that look negligible.

Then there is the frenulum...

Uh, actually I have no idea where to start with that little organ. Really, I doubt I could ever put into words how pleasurable stimulation of it is. I know of no equivilent part of the male anatomy that can actually make the penis jerk with pleasure when touched. It has on and off days but at its best it is just downright mindblowing.

So in short I know that circumcised men enjoy it less because I recall my own experience and imagine it without the primary source of all my pleasure.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:44 AM

As far as scientific evidence, a pathologist named Taylor has done work showing the innervation of the foreskin. You can read more about his work here:

http://research.cirp.org (also has links to his papers in the British Journal of Urology).

Although I do think it is a good question that can be turned around and used for intactivism. How do we know that women who have been circumcised experience less sexual pleasure? Ask that of just about any intact woman (or a man in this culture) and they'll look at you and say "Well, of COURSE they experience less pleasure, EVERYONE knows female circ is all about decreasing sexual pleasure." But really, how do they know? AFAIK, everyone just assumes that and there hasn't been scientific research on it. (If there is, I would love to see it!)

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 06-10-2006, 12:18 PM
A&A

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It makes sense considering how many nerve endings are in the foreskin.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
Old 06-10-2006, 12:37 PM

It is appropriate to discuss this topic as long as we maintian factual and clinical language as it relates to sex. MDC does not host discussions of sex in a gratuitious manner. We strive for a family friendly atmosphere!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
Old 06-12-2006, 09:48 AM

Regardless of the personal stories and pro- or anti- circumcision studies, it is common sense that the circumcision reducing sexual sensitivity.

The removal of you upper lip makes your lips less sensitive. The removal of one nipple makes your breasts less sensitive. The removal of one hand makes your overall fingertips less sensitive. Sure, what remains might be very sensitive, and if you never knew differently, it would be just great. But the FACT remains, that less sexually sensitive tissue logically means less sensitivity. Whether it is 0.0005% or 60% of the sensitivity lost, what percentage is ok and what is too much?

The removal of sexually sensitive body parts = reduced sensitivity. Period!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. It makes sense guess i could just figure out hte reasoning before. I never really gave much thought ot teh nerve endings. (I know it may seem like common sense but i totally overlooked it! LOL )
anyway thanks again
Old 06-12-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam&kat's_mom
Thanks everyone. It makes sense guess i could just figure out hte reasoning before. I never really gave much thought ot teh nerve endings. (I know it may seem like common sense but i totally overlooked it! LOL )
anyway thanks again
You are welcome.

User Tag List