A friend circ'd her older boys *Updated post #64* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 07-25-2006, 05:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_monkeys
I would soooo not be her friend anymore. That is just plain wrong, doing that to kids that old and for NO REASON!!

Let me tell you...I have a VERY close friend that I donated my eggs to. I never thought to ask before hand if she was planning on circing. So, when she had two boys and said she was going to have a bris I was upset. She seemed to be reconcidering too. Then, the day the boys got home from the NICU, she took them to her OB (also jewish) and had them circ'd in the doctors office. That made me very angry. She had said she wanted a bris and then turned around and had them chopped at a doctors office. At least he didnt use clamps, bleck. Anyway, I didnt talk to her for almost a month and finally I started talking to her again and told her how upset I was that she would do that. She said she was sorry and that she wouldnt do it again and that she felt bad about hurting her sons. Well, last week I was at her house and she told me the real reason she got it done. She thinks uncirc'd penises are ugly. I told her that most boys in our area are no longer being cut and that she was just conditioned into thinking that uncut penises are ugly. Her response was that she has to change their diapers and she didnt want to look at "that." On top of that, I think one of her twins has a burried penis. I honestly dont know that I can talk to her again. She is pregnant again, this time with her own egg (oops!) and I am pretty sure that if she has a boy she will circ again. She said she wouldnt but I have a feeling that went out the door since it is hers in total this time. I wish we could cut off the foreskin of women who do crap like this.
Isn't donating an egg pretty invasive? She totally disregarded your concerns because she wanted their penises to be pretty... I could call her some pretty terrible names right now...

I think it should be mandatory for the mother to be circ'd before she is allowed to circ a baby. Definitely!

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 75 Old 07-25-2006, 06:13 AM

I think what this woman did is horrible and beyond reproach - I honestly have no words for it.

I do want to just say, however, that I don't think severing all ties is necessarily the right path to go down. There are children involved here and if she's willing to chop off body parts b/c they're not cleaning them well enough, then what else is she capable of. If this were me, my friend and my situation, I would absolutely continue to be 'friends' with this woman just to keep an eye on these boys. It sounds like they could use someone watching out for them.

*~* A * Mama to C and A * *~* I blog - PM me for the URL
#63 of 75 Old 07-25-2006, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTail
I don't think the average jury will do squat, Revamp. 'He's a Dr, & don't those things have to go?'
That is what prosecution attourneys are for.

They could make a strong case (or just reveal the one that is already there)_and call expert witnesses who are also doctors and doctors of more acumen.

Please report him.
#64 of 75 Old 07-28-2006, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Update of sorts:

We post on another (private) board together. We have a very small debate board there. So I posted a new topic about circ. Asking for so-called "valid" reasons for why people do this. Giving links to a couple of sites (AAP statement, and another site about circ'ing - a lukewarm site that didn't come down harshly on it, but listed out facts, etc.) and then the circ video linked on this board. I also admitted to not researching when we had our kids - and getting them a few vax's before I really looked into them and realized what we were doing. I then said how glad I was we at least did not get our boys circ'd.

Anyway, so I am curious as to the responses and will let you know if said mother replies. I doubt it but you never know. I am sure this will get everyone hating me there (there's only one other AP/NFL mother there). Oh well! :/
#65 of 75 Old 07-28-2006, 09:01 AM

I still think that as far as the doctor is concerned you should alert the legal authoriities.
#66 of 75 Old 07-29-2006, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

I'd love to know how I am to "report" a dr, which I don't know the name of, nor the city (just the state) and to whom I am to report? It's not easy. I can't get that info.. especially now..

She replied, basically saying with all of the infections her boys had (red, inflammed penis'), her ped recommended it. And then she complained about it being difficult to find pro-circ info online when she attempted to research.

I had to leave the board. It's just too mainstream for me. :/
#67 of 75 Old 07-29-2006, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp02
I'd love to know how I am to "report" a dr, which I don't know the name of, nor the city (just the state) and to whom I am to report? It's not easy. I can't get that info.. especially now..
Ah.

Quote:
She replied, basically saying with all of the infections her boys had (red, inflammed penis'), her ped recommended it. And then she complained about it being difficult to find pro-circ info online when she attempted to research.
But...Why did she not consider anything less extreme?

Quote:
I had to leave the board. It's just too mainstream for me. :/
America baffles me at times.
#68 of 75 Old 07-29-2006, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revamp

Hell, RV, I've lived here nearly all my life, and the place still baffles me more often than it doesn't.
#69 of 75 Old 07-29-2006, 02:36 PM

Quote:
And then she complained about it being difficult to find pro-circ info online when she attempted to research.

And yet that didn't clue her in at all to circumcision being completely and utterly wrong.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#70 of 75 Old 07-29-2006, 10:28 PM

Did you post that the problems intact boys and men face are almost always due to improper care that was taught to the parents by the same idiot doctors who are doing amputation as the first course of treatment?

I recently debated this on another "holistic" forum. :
#71 of 75 Old 07-29-2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revamp
It baffles me almost all the time and I live here

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#72 of 75 Old 07-30-2006, 03:26 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2GA
But most evil of all was the doctor that operated on normal genitalia merely to get that fee! This will never cease until either a doc gets put in jail for mutilating a boy without medical justification or gets the pants sued off of him by a boy who he needlessly circed and who has just reached the age of majority. This just points out one of the real problems with the medical profession in this country - particularly on this issue.
Yes yes yes!!! Is there any way you can take the oldest boy aside and let him know that when he turns 18 he can sue the doctor (and maybe his dumbass mother?) for what they forced on him. Or maybe tell him when he gets a little older, like 15 or 16 so he can have time to think about it, but he'll be old enough where he probably won't tell his mom you've given him the information.

Seriously, she is f'd in the head. If I knew someone who did that I doubt I could ever speak to them again. Letting the kids keep a friendship is great, but that doesn't mean the parents have to be buddy-buddy, too. I swear, this is beyond sick and disgusting.

**shudders with disgust**

~Nay

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#73 of 75 Old 07-30-2006, 04:41 AM - Thread Starter

The oldest is 10 or 11. I almost never see them (just the Mom). But I wouldn't feel comfortable saying something to him (being so young still). Now if he were 13-14 years old, I'd mention something. But I know at this age, he's turn around and tell his Mom and she'd rip me apart. Not like I'd care, but I don't think he'd understand much. I know kids understand more than we give them credit for though.

Believe me, I am having a hard time going to that board. If you see my other thread on this forum, "I just want to cry" or something along those lines - the woman I am talking about on that one is on this same board.

We have one AP/NFL Mom besides myself on that forum (of about 15 or so women). Everyone else can't understand why I don't let my 23 month old CIO (because she still wakes around 3am for a snack). Please.
#74 of 75 Old 07-30-2006, 10:53 AM

Waiting until he is older is wise.

But I reckon that he definetely needs to at least be made aware that there is a possibility of it.
#75 of 75 Old 07-30-2006, 06:59 PM

I can't come on this forum much it's just too hard. I noticed a lot of women who circumcise their sons appear to be overly 'interested' in their son's genitalia, which to me seems very odd.Or maybe it's me who's odd taking no interest whatsoever in foreskin retraction, erm it just usually happens you know. My son doesn't have many baths a year, he doesn't smell or get infections and his genitals are his and I certainly have not had the urge to keep an eye on them like a lot of women seem to do,if he had any problems/questions he would ask me. He just prefers the natural method of cleansing i.e keeping healthy and I am not a hygiene freak and actually think that too much washing espescially with lots of chemicalized soaps etc can make you sick by robbing your skin of its primary infection-fighting properties. I NEVER used soaps or pore-clogging powders to make my babies smell 'nice' and they had no infections, one had mild nappy rash treated with calendula. I am truly stunned by genital mutilation, yeah I knew it happens but blimey WTF?!! I fell out with a few people when I first realised this goes on as a teenager,it wouldn't leave me and no-one seemed to care, it's not common in the uk and I guess it just goes by unnoticed.But my message to these 'mothers' is wake-up people, why o why do you think yours son's penis is dirty, this is so sexist and what gives you the right to order your son's penis to be butchered? I lurked on a forum on mdc don't know which one and the women were just obsessed about their son's foreskins, just so not healthy, poor kids, permanent damage to such a sensitive area, I can't handle this ignorance, my kids were gobsmacked when I told em people are doing this to their kids and to watch out in the future as it seems no age is safe, I agree with all the above posts thank the goddess some sanity and yeah the docs that do this should be sorted out and women that ignorant yeah mutilate their genitals first, total control freak,can anyone suggest any way of getting involved in direct action or otherwise to put a stop to this twisted bs am in uk but would gladly devote time energy to help.:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page