Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#2 of 5 Old 08-19-2006, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks for the recommendation, Ann

I've been meaning to buy that for a while. I should probably get a few copies since people have a way of borrowing things and never returning them.

~Nay

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#3 of 5 Old 08-19-2006, 03:24 PM

Thanks for recommendation. Sigh, unfortenately these kind of books are very hard to get where I am from :/ (insert pity here).
#4 of 5 Old 08-19-2006, 07:15 PM

Thank you for this recommendation!

Just a little reminder: It it perfectly appropriate to recommend the book here but it is not appropriate to discuss the content of it in a manner that brings about discussion of religious circ. This forum does not host discussion of religious circ.

The Religious Studies forum DOES host this type of discussion and a thread about this book and the insights you gained from it may be a great dialog there.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#5 of 5 Old 08-19-2006, 11:44 PM

There are a lot of resources out there besides this book. I have not read the book yet but I've emailed with others who foudn the book very powerful. I hope to see it sometime in person.

We do try to post information about bris alternatives as often as they seem appropriate. (bris shalom- covenant w/o the cutting).

And I know I always try to be respectful of the forum rules-- the boundaries here between offering resources and not discussing religous circumcision are often difficult to navigate.

BTW, there is also a 'tribe thread' for Jewish parents that didn't circumcise, I believe. We could try to keep that thread bumped up more often. It does come up from time to time.

Also, I do think the siggies and the "No Circ" one serve to point some attention to the issue. And that is good in general and may even reach those who are considering circ for religious reasons.

Perhaps there would be some benefit to a siggie icon (what the heck are they called??) that addressed a religoius theme, but I wouldn't have a clue how to phrase one that still remained respectful.

It might benefit the many Christian people who have the mistaken notion that they need to circumcise, for example.

Sorry I'm rambling.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page