My future potential nephews may be safe! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-15-2006, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like I've got my sil convinced. She is willing to fold for her husband though who is worried about cleanliness and social aspects :

I told dh that he will have to talk to his brother when they actually get pregnant.

Its progress! 3 yrs ago she told me she thought God wanted us to do it (she's Christian) and would definitely do it.

My other inlaws did their son last yr when he was born and she wants more kids. Not sure what to do about her ????

and the other set of inlaws have a girl and aren't planning on having anymore *whew*

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2006, 05:39 AM

For the Christian:
1 Corinthians 7

18Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. 19Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts. 20Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him.

This scripture signifies that it is ok to be circumsized. However it is not required. There is 'nothing' wrong with you for being circumsized, because God sees no fault in it. However it is not required to circumsize new believers or even the called people. And I remind you that God called your sons name before he is even born'

Galatians 2

11When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong. 12Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

Just in case anyone reading this needs help in showing xtians why it is not neccesary by their God's law
Old 09-15-2006, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Good for you!!

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, just completed my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
Old 09-15-2006, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Katie,

I think she did come to that conclusion herself. I brought that info up a few years ago after her sister had a baby. She vehemently argued with me.
Seems she has come around. Now dh has to talk to his brother.

She was saying she'd rather have it done when the baby is older so they can be put under general! I countered by explaining that even if the procedure is painless (and I've woken up from general anestesia and know that is an awful feeling) that they are still peeing and pooping on an open wound while it heals for a few weeks.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Old 09-15-2006, 03:53 PM

Not to mention, even if circ were 100% painless during and after, it removes a vital part of the body that is full of nerve endings.

Circ == pain now, less pleasure later.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

User Tag List