bump on side of penis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-17-2006, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 8 month old intact baby boy has a red bump on the side of his penis. He is very wiggley so it has been hard for me to get a good look at it. Also he has a really wrinkley/bunched foreskin so it is hard for me to touch it, because it moves alot. Hard to explain, hope I am making sense. I was able to touch it a little and the bump does not seem hard-I actually don't really feel anything at all when I touch it. But when I sit back and look there is a noticable red bump. He does not seem to be in pain. Any idea what this could be? Thanks!

Blessed mama of four
::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-17-2006, 06:13 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. It could be anything. If the bump were on his belly, what would you think? Probably a little bug bite. Or just irritation. Since it doesn't seem to bother him, it's probably nothing. If it gets worse, or looks like it's infected, come back with details and someone knowledgable (more than me ) will be able to help.
#3 of 5 Old 09-17-2006, 07:03 PM

There's also something called, 'pearly penile papules' that moms sometimes notice through the foreskin. Basically, it's a harmless collection of cell debri that will work it's way out on it's own as the natural separation process begins. Your son could also have a little bug bit or other minor irritation...just keep an eye on it, let him soak in the bath, and give him plenty of diaper-free time.

HTHs,

Jen
#4 of 5 Old 09-17-2006, 11:44 PM

Ds gets red bumps occasionally on his penis it always looks like a bit of diaper rash to me without the rash. Just a bump or 2 they usually go away within a day or 2 with some diaper free time and a bit of good cream.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#5 of 5 Old 09-18-2006, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx.mothernurture
There's also something called, 'pearly penile papules' that moms sometimes notice through the foreskin. Basically, it's a harmless collection of cell debri that will work it's way out on it's own as the natural separation process begins.
You're thinking of a smegma pearl. Pearly penile papules are little whitehead-like things around the edge of the glans in adult men (intact and circ'd). They're tiny, cannot be seen through the foreskin, and develop later in life. A smegma pearl is a collection of smegma in a section of the foreskin that has separated from the glans. It works its way out when a path to the opening separates.

Both are totally normal and nothing to worry about.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page