A question about sex with a circumcised man - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 07:04 PM
 
Arduinna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 31,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The mechanics are different. With a intact partner the penis moves more inside itself as there is more skin to allow that natural movement pattern. So there is less rubbing of skin against skin between the penis and the vagina and more of a sense of pressure changes. Think of like there was a condom inside and the condom basically stayed put and the penis moved in and out of the condom inside the vagina. That's my best analogy.

You can definately still get sore and all that though, at least IME. It's not a cure all.
Arduinna is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-02-2006, 07:07 PM
 
phatchristy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Controlled chaos...
Posts: 9,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandals View Post
Never said it was Just speculating that the large number of people rejecting the overall science of evolution in this country may lead to a large number of people rejecting the process of natural selection.
You know, I guess maybe I am giving people too much credit? Assuming that people are more educated than they are, etc. Sigh.

You would think, just in a basic pretense of logic, that fooling around with the human body's natural state of being would cause problems. Did people EVER think that?

Oh wait, circumcision started as a "cure" for masturbation (which of course is the ultimate evil and leads to disease of all sorts : ). So, perhaps these people who created got EXACTLY what they wanted in a way. They had the desire to alter the blissful experience of natural human sexuality.

So sad though that myself and my husband have to live with the consequences of those actions and a society which refused to protect our rights to full sexual functioning. They should have had no right to interfere with my "marital bed." Sigh.

Sorry, I am venting here. I read this same stuff all the time at the WORM group (Wives of Restoring Men). It can be truly frustrating reading of men and women having the same consequences of circumcision over and over...all for something that is just so preventable .

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

phatchristy is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter
 
sandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We can take heart that some surverys are showing that these numbers of people rejecting evolution are dropping, so maybe Americans are becoming more apt to embrace science...meaning they will take studies and natural evidence more seriously...hopefully.
sandals is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 07:50 PM
 
Microsoap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm sorry if I put anyone off with this question, because this is not my intention... but I'm curious. I'm a gay intact male and a "bottom". My partner [I guess now-ex, since late-May after almost 6 years together] is (American and) a circumcised male and a "top". I've only been with him and vice versa. I'm wondering if anal intercourse is the same as vaginal when it comes to the feeling of a difference between having an intact partner or a circumcised one.

I hope it's okay to ask this, because I don't really know of any other forum to ask the question in. I _could_ go deeper into details in my past pretty much failed attempts to "top" him. I can say I kind of get the feeling of feeling my foreskin roll back and forth in him and I think THAT FEELS AWESOME!!! I was just wondering what I'm missing out getting it.

Ready to delete this post if necessary.
Microsoap is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 07:57 PM
 
TigerTail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: I'm finally here!
Posts: 8,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would be disappointed if MDC deleted the same kind of informational sexual discussion that heterosexuals are privileged to indulge in just because it was homosexual discussion. That would be highly discriminatory.

I haven't been 'bottomed' in a long time (I'm a natural top anyways, make of that what you will ), Microsoap (and never by an intact guy), but I would wager the differences would be similar. Snugger fit, less natural lube, even more reason to avoid abrasions.
TigerTail is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 08:04 PM
 
StrongSingleMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: OR
Posts: 587
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is prob. a really dumb thing to ask but what are you all refering to when you say bottom and top? Are you talking about sexual positioning?
StrongSingleMama is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 08:09 PM
 
TigerTail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: I'm finally here!
Posts: 8,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
More or less. (I was being a little punny- top is more dominant, bottom more submissive in role play & er, just sex) but it can also mean giving as opposed to recieving for homosexual males (or females, if you borrow equipment. Otherwise, it's just a head thing with physical aspects).
TigerTail is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 08:11 PM
 
StrongSingleMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: OR
Posts: 587
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^Lol I see. Thanks for clearing that up!
StrongSingleMama is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 08:12 PM
 
Microsoap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxton25 View Post
This is prob. a really dumb thing to ask but what are you all refering to when you say bottom and top? Are you talking about sexual positioning?
Yep. You got it. The one who gives it is the top and the one who gets it is the bottom. One could also be versatile. I'm POSITIVE my inability to top him is not even remotely connected to my intact status and is a combination of it being a stressful situation for myself-- success, which means pysch'ing myself out not keeping erect enough. The other part-- and this is even bizarre for me to accept-- I can gladly receive it, but the thought of "going there" (topping) kind of "icks" me out. Oh, goodness, I don't think there's anything left unsaid about myself.
Microsoap is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 08:19 PM
 
twins10705's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandals View Post
We can take heart that some surverys are showing that these numbers of people rejecting evolution are dropping, so maybe Americans are becoming more apt to embrace science...meaning they will take studies and natural evidence more seriously...hopefully.
Seriously, there is a world of difference between horizontal evolution ie: "selective breeding" or "natural selection" and Darwinian vertical-jumping "Evolution". One is scientific, one is altogether unfounded scientifically(regardless of what big names buy into it or what the federal gov teaches our kids in gov. school, the evidence simply does not exist).

To state that embracing Evolution equates to embracing science is just wrong.
twins10705 is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter
 
sandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins10705 View Post
Seriously, there is a world of difference between horizontal evolution ie: "selective breeding" or "natural selection" and Darwinian vertical-jumping "Evolution". One is scientific, one is altogether unfounded scientifically(regardless of what big names buy into it or what the federal gov teaches our kids in gov. school, the evidence simply does not exist).

To state that embracing Evolution equates to embracing science is just wrong.
not sure how to read your post, but I am connecting the two because Americans seem to as per the survery I have in front of me right now stating that "42% of americans believe life has existed on earth in its present form since the beginning of time". So that would also seem to indicate a rejection of natural selection itself, or any other method of small changes over time. NOtice it says "life" and not human life.

I understand what you are saying, but I am saying that many Americans do not tend to understand the difference between natural selection (a method)and evolution, as indicated here and in many many other studies on this issue.

If the numbers are right and the numbers of Americans who don not see this difference are falling (and hopefully that means the number of americans who understand evolution and its various theorized processes are rising), then we have reason to believe there is hope that arguments that center around natural selection will be more readily accepted.

ETA: sorry to bring my own thread OT, this is all I will say on this subject. Any further problems with my posts can be PMed to me for clarification or argument. Thanks. BACK ON TOPIC :-)
sandals is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 09:46 PM
 
Arduinna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 31,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Micro, I haven't personally noticed a difference in that area. And that is about all I'm going to say on the subject LOL.
Arduinna is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 09:56 PM
 
TigerTail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: I'm finally here!
Posts: 8,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now, don't nobody, gay or straight, be barebackin' till you know somebody reeeaaal well (like say, six months of mutual monogamy & a test).

I just felt obliged to give the PSA, you know.
TigerTail is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:03 PM
 
Telle Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Eliot Maine
Posts: 865
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothragirl View Post
it glides, i know that is a made up word, but it is less "pokey". i can easily have a vaginal orgasm with an intact man, it is a lot harder with a circed man.
ditto: my hubby's cut
Telle Bear is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:23 PM
 
JeDeeLenae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North Las Vegas
Posts: 1,731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTail View Post
Ah, but have you been 'doing it' for thirty years? In my early twenties I might've said 'no problem' either. But vaginal mucusal skin gets thinner; circ'd men have to pump harder.
As uninterested in my parents' sex life as I am, I asked my mom about this. She said she never really noticed the difference with an intact or circ'd penis. And, she has never used lube or felt jackhammered. She's been doing it for 36 years.
JeDeeLenae is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:30 PM
 
TigerTail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: I'm finally here!
Posts: 8,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your mom gives you that kind of sex detail? ("Yeah, your Dad was good, but that guy in High School- wow!" )
TigerTail is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:56 PM
 
AXEius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: north east michigan
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila View Post
ACK! "High and tight" That's what we have. I got an amazing, wonderful, loving man so I can't complain, but I have never had an easy time of intimacy. It got easier after giving birth, but I still feel kinda roughed-up after. Poor guy hasn't had hardly any attention with this pregnancy. Every encounter leaves me swollen and sore for 2 days. Can a man with so little to work with (loose skin-wise, I mean) have any success with restoration?
you betcha. One of the reasons i found out about restoration was because of my problems with a very tight circ. Any man can restore no matter how much skin he has, it just takes longer to start making real progress for a tight cut guy because he must first stretch (usually though manual restoring or X-taping) enough skin so he can use a t-tape or device.
AXEius is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 11:17 PM
 
twins10705's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know...I'm starting to believe that women who never have any discomfort or don't noticed a difference between circ'd and intact are the exception, not the rule. Also, I think denial might be a factor in some cases. One lady I know swears she loves circumcised men and that intact sex is "weird" -- I know that she circ'd her son and it almost seems to me that she is trying to validate that decision by saying how wonderful surgically altered penii are for women. blah.

TigerTail: I've just turned 25..so I guess that is about 7 years of sex(well actually the past 3.5 years I've been married almost don't count )...and it has always been uncomfortable for me too...with every new boyfriend, the first couple of times were usually ok just because of the newness and all...but I've always had to climax myself...many times trying to mentally picture something else because of the discomfort or detach-ed pounding. It is just soooo not what I dream about. Sometimes I dream of leaving and going to Europe(), but I do have kids and all...It would be nice to have a little fun every now and then though. *sigh*
twins10705 is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 03:30 AM
 
desertpenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In the desert
Posts: 2,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins10705 View Post
You know...I'm starting to believe that women who never have any discomfort or don't noticed a difference between circ'd and intact are the exception, not the rule.
i read about a study almosty a year ago that said something to the extent of only about 25% of women are able to attain orgasm during intercourse (or maybe it was able to attain orgasm during intercourse most of the time.) my sil is one of those women who can orgasm just about every single time, and she has been with intact and cut men. she doesn't have a preference, though (and cut her two boys ) i wonder if there is a correlation between the women who can regularly attain orgasm through vaginal stimulation only during intercourse, and women who have no preference between intact and circed sex.

dreads.gif and my man mischievous.gif. Momma to ds1 (11-'04) blahblah.gif, ds2 (8-'08) hammer.gif, dd (3-'12) orngtongue.gif, and Mr Blue, Chiyo, and Fireball, our 3 cat.gifnovaxnocirc.gif intactlact.gif uc.jpg

desertpenguin is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 03:37 AM
 
TigerTail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: I'm finally here!
Posts: 8,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, one thing you have to take into account is that people lie about this kind of stuff an awful lot . (I remember feeling bad hearing about a girlfriend's 'dozens & dozens' of orgasms, & then finding out she's never had one.)

People are heinous liars when it comes to sex (when they even know what they are talking about). So until I see it, feel it, or have it wired by electrodes to a meter, I'm gonna be skeptical. (BTW, I do, but it's more of a reflex, & I hardly count it quality-wise, compared to other *cough* forms of stimulation).

The phone sex was good for one thing; it helped me cut through a lot of the bull.
TigerTail is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 03:48 AM
 
kxsiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
About strong body odour. There are some metabolism related diseases that can course very strong body or/and genital odour. If it is mild, you can live with it never knowing there is actually something wrong.
kxsiven is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 04:55 AM
 
DesireeH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 8,218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Every encounter leaves me swollen and sore for 2 days.
Me too. Not enough to not want to do it again (I have higher drive than DH, TMI). I've only been with dh who is circ. I keep blaming the condoms for the pain (allergy) but I got a non allergy one today (polyerethane?) and it still hurt really bad after (and redness/swelling.)

In a tight circ would you be able to pull the skin down AT ALL? I sometimes wonder if DH had a tight circ (curve is from tight circ, right?) but I can pull the skin a bit. TMI I know but I've always wondered and who else would know the answer to such an odd question?

My dad is circ and my mom says she doesnt have pain (yes, we talk about this stuff, we are a goofy bunch.) She thought it was our condom useage (my dad has a vasectomy).

I always have had a bit of pain though (got married at 18 so been doing "it" for almost 8 years), more after having kids so I always thought it was me and my lack of "lubeness."

Desiree

DesireeH is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 05:09 AM
 
Arduinna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 31,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I personally hate condoms, even though I will conceed that they have their purposes. I've used condoms with both circed and intact men, and I don't know they are just yuck to me. It just isn't the same as without. And it definately messes up the mechanics of intact sex. Or maybe that is my personal bias against condoms showing?
Arduinna is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 06:49 AM
 
trmpetplaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,757
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have no complaints about dh's foreskin and I STILL don't understand how on earth a circumcised penis works having never had anything to do with one

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
trmpetplaya is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 07:40 AM
 
Blu Razzberri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,601
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLeigh View Post
I'm not talking about a sweat smell, I'm talking about a VERY strong rotting fish smell. Sorry to be so blunt but it was just terriable! I'm glad that this is an isolated case! Thanks ladies for chiming in!
He probably didn't pull back the foreskin to clean properly after sex. What you're describing sounds to me much like a garbage can "full" of condoms & tissue after a great weekend... I learned this completely by accident

WARNING: The comments and opinions expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of the community in which I reside; or those of the internet parenting network.
Blu Razzberri is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 07:43 AM
 
Blu Razzberri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,601
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PS: This is the thread that made me feel guilty for my boy. I wish I could rewind time for him!

In the meantime, I wonder why this kind of information isn't provided by doctors to patients considering it. There's always an abundance of pro-circ reading material! WTF?

WARNING: The comments and opinions expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of the community in which I reside; or those of the internet parenting network.
Blu Razzberri is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 10:38 AM
 
phatchristy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Controlled chaos...
Posts: 9,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpenguin View Post
i read about a study almosty a year ago that said something to the extent of only about 25% of women are able to attain orgasm during intercourse (or maybe it was able to attain orgasm during intercourse most of the time.) my sil is one of those women who can orgasm just about every single time, and she has been with intact and cut men. she doesn't have a preference, though (and cut her two boys ) i wonder if there is a correlation between the women who can regularly attain orgasm through vaginal stimulation only during intercourse, and women who have no preference between intact and circed sex.

I am one of those women, I generally O pretty much every time. I am just "built that way" I believe. Even when I was a single young woman alone I always concentrated on internal stimulation as it felt the most intense to me. One thing I can say here is that since working on restoration and having some "gliding" the negative sensations during sex in certain positions are completely eliminated. Therefore, in those positions because of restoration I am very easily multi-orgasmic. Go figure: .

For me, since I have always been orgasmic, the issue has really been the presence of negative feelings and sensations during intercourse. For a long time it was a combo of pain/pleasure and I had thought that was a normal experience of sex. But, instinctively some things did seem off to me. Now, with the gliding (which is especially obvious in certain positions when I am in control) the negative sensations don't exist anymore at all so it's pure pleasure (leading to multiple O for me).

So, I can *understand* why some women will defend circumcised sex. I could orgasm during it as well, the thing is, there is still such a huge difference with a foreskin there. Even a tight circ v a loose one (which would be the equivalent of what I have experienced). The looser the better, and no doubt that it really reduces to eliminates negative sensations and makes for more frequent/better orgasms. It's the difference between being poked and massaged. Poke or massage very sensitive places and you'll get a reaction...however with the poking there will be some negative sensations as well as pleasurable ones. With the massaging it's only pleasure.

Hope that makes sense!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

phatchristy is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
 
sandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just keep reading this thread and thinking...

What right do people have to chnage the sex lives of their children...and at birth to boot!!! Don't they have the right to experience sex as nature intended it before bits of penis get cut off?????? : :
sandals is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 10:52 AM
 
phatchristy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Controlled chaos...
Posts: 9,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Intact males can be more tender, gentle, relaxed, and loving during sex because the lightest and subtlest gesture or motion evokes deeply satisfying sensations. — Paul M. Fleiss and Frederick M. Hodges

Saw this quote in an article, thought I would throw it up here since we're talking about it.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

phatchristy is offline  
Old 10-03-2006, 10:58 AM
 
phatchristy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Controlled chaos...
Posts: 9,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandals View Post
I just keep reading this thread and thinking...

What right do people have to chnage the sex lives of their children...and at birth to boot!!! Don't they have the right to experience sex as nature intended it before bits of penis get cut off?????? : :
I think that is the whole point on why culturally when genital mutilation occurs they do it on babies and young pre-pubescent children. Because if the did it later on, nobody would consent to it : .

Even a pro-circ woman I knew used that logic actually....her DH was pushing for circ and when I said, 'it can always be done later if it has to be (though that is very rare), why don't you just wait.' Her response was 'if we wait then he won't want to have it done.'

Well, uh, DUH! My DH tells me if he had a choice he wouldn't have had it done to himself. As he puts it "he's not the type to get unnecessary surgery."

But, he didn't have a choice.

Or in another way of thinking about it. A guy I once met talked about his circumcision like this (as an infant)..."I screamed and cried the whole time [for them to stop], but nobody listened." That guy was semi-joking about it, but that is the point though isn't it.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

phatchristy is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off