They must be getting desperate.... - Mothering Forums
The Case Against Circumcision > They must be getting desperate....
bloobug's Avatar bloobug 03:46 PM 04-29-2003

Frankly Speaking's Avatar Frankly Speaking 04:32 PM 04-29-2003
Dr. Arnold Melman huh?

Along with all of the other misinformation in the article it makes me wonder what agenda he is promoting.

Don't bother, I already know the answer to that question!

Frank
MelissaEvans's Avatar MelissaEvans 12:35 AM 05-05-2003
Quote:
In uncircumcised men, the foreskin was pulled back during the sensitivity testing procedures.
Ummm... I know I'm really naive, but isn't the sensitivity thing *counting* how the foreskin feels? (goodness, this is embarassing ) Really, really naive, but where does the foreskin go during intercourse? (I just asked DH and he gave me the "how the heck would I know?" face since he doesn't have his foreskin)

It seems to make sense that the shafts are going to feel about the same... and it's hard to see if the circ'd men have less senseation since they're *missing the body part* that's being tested. Is it just me, or is there a huge flaw in this?

~Melissa
Quirky's Avatar Quirky 02:01 AM 05-05-2003
I think the only valid test of sensitivity would be to test uncirced men then circ them and find out what the differences were before and after. Not that you'd get a whole lot of volunteers for that test.....
Frankly Speaking's Avatar Frankly Speaking 05:25 AM 05-05-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by MelissaEvans
where does the foreskin go during intercourse? (I just asked DH and he gave me the "how the heck would I know?" face since he doesn't have his foreskin)

I'm going to be speaking generally here because the amount of glans covered by the foreskin is different for every man and the mechanics may vary slightly for all.

When the man starts to enter the vagina, the foreskin makes contact and kind of grabs the vaginal sphincter. At this point, the foreskin starts rolling back making for a relatively friction free entry. Once the man is in, the movement of the shaft skin stops moving against the vaginal sphincter until he withdraws and the shaft is moving inside the shaft skin. As the man moves back and forth, the foreskin rolls up and down the glans. The frenar band massages the glans and this feels very good because the glans is a pressure sensitive organ. This movement also alternately stretches and releases the frenar band and the band responds to stretching sexually. The frenulum responds to stretching and to light touch and as the penis moves back and forth, it recieves both of these stimuli. Also, the glans is massaging the inner foreskin and vice versa and these two surfaces moving together is very pleasurable. When finished and the man withdraws, the foreskin rolls back over the glans as he pulls out making for a friction free withdrawal.

There is also the sensation of the skin moving up and down the shaft but that is not really a sexual feeling but more of a back rub type good feeling.

Is that clear as mud?

Frank
Up