Teen Forum on Circ - Interesting - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good job!!! I love that some teens come here to learn about stuff. I would have loved MDC when I was a teen and I so wish I had known about Mothering when my first was born (I was barely not a teen then).

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#32 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 09:03 PM

Did you all see how the last post on their right now is quoting and saying the facts are wrong and made up
#33 of 51 Old 12-22-2006, 12:09 AM

I really think that posting on a teen boys only forum is quite inappropriate-- unless one is a teen boy.

#1 Reason: The guys were doing just fine with out us

And now they have a link directly to this discussion

I think is fine to have a link to the board and honestly, I'd love to have more teens (boys, girls) involved on this forum-- but it is not the way I would want people introduced to MDC.

So I apologize for lurking on YOUR board, but please give us a second chance and lurk around our board for a while. We might both learn something from an OPEN dialogue if you decide to stick around and post!!

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#34 of 51 Old 12-22-2006, 12:19 AM

Who ever gave them that direct link shouldn't have Is that not a UA violation?
#35 of 51 Old 12-22-2006, 12:35 AM

Oh dear that thread got locked.
#36 of 51 Old 12-22-2006, 12:46 AM

I assumed they got annoyed that someone came in and posted that was not a member of the forum and did some googling around and found that it was because of this post here. ANd one of the teens (or whoever) posted to this discussion.

That would not violate the UA, unless THAT board doesn't allow people to link to other boards as part of their laws.

Honestly, I don't blame them one bit for being angry.

I also think that intactivists need to be very careful to select appropriate information for teens.

I question the necessity to bring up restoration, erectile dysfunction, and Playgirl in an introductory post to a teen message board.

Sorry if I'm coming on strong here but I'm smacking myself for not speaking up a lot stronger when I posted that I'm 0 for 2 (not a teen, not a boy) and therfore would not feel appropriate posting on the forum myself.

I would have loved for those teens to have an opportunity to visit the Case Against Circumcision under better circumcstances.

Jessica

Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#37 of 51 Old 12-22-2006, 01:52 AM

Did anyone catch the name that tipped them off to this discussion? Jake_w?

Jake Waskett, admitted circumfetishist.

Hi boys, if you're here. Don't listen to anything that Jake_W says.

I also agree that no one here should have posted over there.
#38 of 51 Old 12-22-2006, 03:50 AM

Awww, thats a bummer. Thats exactly why I didnt post anything on there, I am not a boy and I'm not a teen anymore. MAybe I can get my little bro (13) to post though....or my sister (who is 15). Everyone in her school talks about how "uncircumcised" penises are better, lol. My bro isnt happy about being circ'd either.

Cari-mama to Eriq, Lile, Paikea, Kaidyn, and Mieke is here!! 2/9/10
#39 of 51 Old 12-22-2006, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter

My objective for posting the forum link originally was just to show everyone a little piece of the hidden minds of 'our sons' as teenagers.

What they thought - and talked about - etc etc.

Though giving them correct information is definitely useful - it's still prying a bit, into their personal lives and conversations.

Tis neato, isn't it though?

Edit: What they think regarding circing - not the prying bit.
#40 of 51 Old 12-22-2006, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1 View Post
THere is a huge discrepency in the numbers of 'medically necessary' circumcision in intact-norm and circ-norm countries.

In the US the numbers could be around 10% where in Scandinavia? Finland? I always forget which country, the statistics show it is LESS than 1%.

Jessica
In USA 10-15% of intact boys 'need' circumcision due to 'problems'. In intact countries - depending what country we are talking about it is under 1%-2%.

In Scandinavia it is under 1%, in Finland specifically it is 0.006%. Meaning; 6 men out of 100 000 gets circumcised either for medical reasons, personal reference or religious reasons.

The fact that in USA so many intact boys 'need' circumcision shows the horrible lack of education. Medical community in USA is really in a black hole when it comes to development&care of normal,natural penis.
#41 of 51 Old 12-22-2006, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsNemesis View Post
Awww, thats a bummer. Thats exactly why I didnt post anything on there, I am not a boy and I'm not a teen anymore. MAybe I can get my little bro (13) to post though....or my sister (who is 15). Everyone in her school talks about how "uncircumcised" penises are better, lol. My bro isnt happy about being circ'd either.
Ah I wish I could get my 17yo to post on there, but he's all for circing : and we get in constant fights about it.
#42 of 51 Old 12-22-2006, 02:45 PM

Yes, Jake_W isn't a teen boy either. He's a gay adult, in England, with no children, circumcised by his own choice who enthusiastically defends and advocates for routine infant circumcision.

To our lurkers:

Registration here is easy and free.

We love newbies! Just remember that no overtly pro-circumcision posts are allowed.

This issue encompasses so many interesting and enlightening topics from culture and body autonomy to medical ethics and sexual health...it's an awesome topic for a debate class or health/sex ed/human A&P report, or even just an English paper!

Educating those around you can protect babies and change the world. We are happy to provide resources/referrences/links and to otherwise help in any way we can. Just ask!

Welcome. :-)

Students for Genital Integrity may be of particular interest to high school and college students.

Jen
#43 of 51 Old 12-22-2006, 03:13 PM

Well, I hope they are clear that while we would feel weird about intruding on their forum, they are welcome to come to a place called 'Mothering'.

Hi guys. PS Don't listen to pervs.
#44 of 51 Old 12-22-2006, 03:20 PM

I'm sorry to see their thread got locked. Up until the end I think it was a pretty good discussion. It's too bad they aren't allowed to discuss it anymore there.

If any of you guys are here now WELCOME!!!!!!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#45 of 51 Old 12-23-2006, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1 View Post
I really think that posting on a teen boys only forum is quite inappropriate-- unless one is a teen boy.

#1 Reason: The guys were doing just fine with out us

And now they have a link directly to this discussion

I think is fine to have a link to the board and honestly, I'd love to have more teens (boys, girls) involved on this forum-- but it is not the way I would want people introduced to MDC.

So I apologize for lurking on YOUR board, but please give us a second chance and lurk around our board for a while. We might both learn something from an OPEN dialogue if you decide to stick around and post!!

Jessica
I take that this comment was directed to me (since I previously stated that I post on studentcenter)?

well...to begin with, I AM a male. I originally started posting on studentcenter when I was 20 years old...so one year old then a teen. Most of the debates were in thier sex and sexuality forum. Didn't post much in the puberty section because of the mostly male audience but trust me...I've been spreading the word on there for a while now.

I've been lurking on mdc since I was 20 as well...

Again. I havent participated in that thread...just wanted to see thier replies.

The person under "jake_w" who gave the link to this site is jake waskett, and as many people know here...he is a creep.
#46 of 51 Old 12-23-2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-d-g View Post
I take that this comment was directed to me (since I previously stated that I post on studentcenter)?

well...to begin with, I AM a male. I originally started posting on studentcenter when I was 20 years old...so one year old then a teen. Most of the debates were in thier sex and sexuality forum. Didn't post much in the puberty section because of the mostly male audience but trust me...I've been spreading the word on there for a while now.

I've been lurking on mdc since I was 20 as well...

Again. I havent participated in that thread...just wanted to see thier replies.

The person under "jake_w" who gave the link to this site is jake waskett, and as many people know here...he is a creep.
i believe ive seen that jake_w on wikepedia trying to promote circumcision and altering the entries related to penises for a more anti-foreskin view, including the the promotion of changing the main penis picture to a circumcised penis. all his entries seemed real creepy to me. He also knew of the debate on mdc.
#47 of 51 Old 12-24-2006, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemy2ds View Post
Ah I wish I could get my 17yo to post on there, but he's all for circing : and we get in constant fights about it.
Mind my asking, is he intact or circumcised? And what are his reasons? (My oldest is intact and into his teens)
#48 of 51 Old 12-24-2006, 02:16 PM

Sure I will be right back to share ,mommy duty calls at the moment
#49 of 51 Old 12-24-2006, 02:57 PM

He is circ. He thinks it is gross looking. And dirty, since my dad was intact(we have diff dads) and my mom tells him he stunk. I try to tell him the facts and why it's bad to circ, but I'm crazy and don't know what I'm talking about. That about summs it up
#50 of 51 Old 12-24-2006, 06:39 PM

I feel so sad about how that thread worked out over there. No one of us should have posted there - it specifically said it was for male ONLY and it's a teen forum. Those boys are not ready for some Mom to come and tell them what to think about their penises. That's probably the worst possible way to try and get them to agree with your idealogy.

It sucked that there was a lot of misinformation, but I thought the intact boys were doing a pretty good job of holding their own. And those boys are much more likely to listen to a peer than an adult invading their teen forum.
I think those of us that have (will have) intact sons need to make sure they know the facts so that they can have these types of discussions on their own with real information.

If adult males have a hard enough time admiting that what was done to them wasn't their fault, was wrong, and that they will not do this to their own sons then I think it's a bit much to expect teen boys on the internet to admit they might feel something wrong about their penis. :

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#51 of 51 Old 12-26-2006, 11:31 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-d-g View Post
EDG that was not directed at anyone and certainly not you. There was a person that posted specifically stated that she was a mom-- and I have no idea if that person was from MDC or not.

Sorry to make anyone singled out, I didn't mean to.

Quote:
Did his siggie link to something that can confirm he is one and the same. I certainly would be suspect, too....

Jessica

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page