Teen Forum on Circ - Interesting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 51 Old 12-20-2006, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A friend sent this to me - I wanted to share.

http://teenforums.student.com/viewto...9514ecdfcc4181

It's a teenaged forum on circing - a lot of it is really fantastic to read - many boys sticking up for their foreskin, etc.

Some of it is hard to not scream at the computer - "I'm cut, and what can I say? It's a personal choice."
But it wasn't YOUR personal choice.
Eh.

But I recommend a quick peek.
From what I gather, its from boys all over the world.
It's nice to have their perspective on the subject.

Just gives me one more pat on the back for leaving my son whole.
#2 of 51 Old 12-20-2006, 03:21 PM

I liked a lot of the responses , of course some of them were just the same 'ole misconceptions.
It makes me sad for the boys who wished they hadn't been circed or wish they had at least been giving a choice. I guess no thank you's to their mamas.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#3 of 51 Old 12-20-2006, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
That was funny to read. How old are these boys?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#4 of 51 Old 12-20-2006, 06:16 PM

Glad that the young guys perspective is out there. Sad that some uncut want it done. Also, when reading some posts here on MDC, I read about grown men having the circ done on themselves. Why?

SAHM to Ivan 6/10/05 who says  signcirc1.gifand Matilda 1/31/08 who says saynovax.gif:::

#5 of 51 Old 12-20-2006, 09:53 PM

Some of those boys were quite informed about foreskins and circ - others much less so.

What astonished (or not, I guess) me was the anger coming from the cut boys who were defending it! I was sexually abused and for a long time I would defend the guys who did it to me and I always got SO angry at the people who told me they were scum. Until I realized they were scum and got the hell out of there! That feeling of desperation to defend something that somewhere inside you you feel is wrong - those boys just remind me of it.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#6 of 51 Old 12-20-2006, 10:34 PM

Thats very true. I was surprised at the intact boy who was defending circ though...I guess he never had it done so who cares, right? And the guy saying that no one ever had an issue with being cut....he needs to talk to my hubby and a lot of the other guys on here.

Cari-mama to Eriq, Lile, Paikea, Kaidyn, and Mieke is here!! 2/9/10
#7 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 12:48 AM

Having a peak there made my day. Most of those men really get it. Most of the others will think twice.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#8 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan's Mom View Post
Glad that the young guys perspective is out there. Sad that some uncut want it done. Also, when reading some posts here on MDC, I read about grown men having the circ done on themselves. Why?
My friend actually had one. He had reccurrent infections and had so much pain constantly that while he hated the thought of circ and was sad that his sex life in terms of pleasure would decrease he was finally to a point where he couldn't think of anything else to do. He had the infections all the time for about a year before he "snapped". Afterwards- he did say that it sucked in terms of feeling down there, but he doesn't get infections as much or as bad anymore so he feels a little better.

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
#9 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 01:03 AM

Every time posts about 'medically necessary' circumcisions come up on MDC there is a lot of skeptism....

The boy in question mentioned he had a mild phimosis. If he receives proper treatment there are several options for non-invasive (non-surgical) correction that would most likely work. Phimosis is rarely cause for amputation.

The most likely scenario is that the boy lives in a culture where circumcision is the norm, has a doctor that is clueless, and has received little to no correct information on alternatives. It may also be that his parents provided no information on the benefits of having a foreskin. Circumcision was an easy answer and maybe one that he wanted.

Obviously all assumptions I have made-- .

I can see where someone who had recorring problems would want relief-- but again, if they considered the foreskin as a positive body part they might want to do everything to avoid surgery and actually be angry if they find out, after the fact, that their doctor was misinformed or lacked alternative treatments.

THere is a huge discrepency in the numbers of 'medically necessary' circumcision in intact-norm and circ-norm countries.

In the US the numbers could be around 10% where in Scandinavia? Finland? I always forget which country, the statistics show it is LESS than 1%.

Jessica

Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#10 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 01:29 AM

Half the time of later circumcisions is the result of faulty doctor treatment and faulty empowering of the likeness of their natural manhood which causes a full bunch of mixed messages to 'relatives with 'fear' of thinking they 'actually know the 'truth' of intact vs circ which in 'reality ' if they have a bad educated with wrongful advice then they no really not that much to not fall into the doctor knows everything mentality trap.
#11 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1 View Post
Every time posts about 'medically necessary' circumcisions come up on MDC there is a lot of skeptism....

The boy in question mentioned he had a mild phimosis. If he receives proper treatment there are several options for non-invasive (non-surgical) correction that would most likely work. Phimosis is rarely cause for amputation.

The most likely scenario is that the boy lives in a culture where circumcision is the norm, has a doctor that is clueless, and has received little to no correct information on alternatives. It may also be that his parents provided no information on the benefits of having a foreskin. Circumcision was an easy answer and maybe one that he wanted.

Obviously all assumptions I have made-- .

I can see where someone who had recorring problems would want relief-- but again, if they considered the foreskin as a positive body part they might want to do everything to avoid surgery and actually be angry if they find out, after the fact, that their doctor was misinformed or lacked alternative treatments.

Well, with my friend he didn't want it. He told his doctor he didn't but he really was just sick and tired of the infections. He'd try other methods (although I really didn't feel it was my place to ask what methods) for a year and just got fed up and snapped. He does say he misses being intact- but he also said he doesn't totally regret it as his infections are far less in frequency and pain.

THere is a huge discrepency in the numbers of 'medically necessary' circumcision in intact-norm and circ-norm countries.

In the US the numbers could be around 10% where in Scandinavia? Finland? I always forget which country, the statistics show it is LESS than 1%.

Jessica
I will admit, I am very much against circ. But I do not do so much research that I would be an effective intactivist. I just honestly don't have the time to research as much as I feel would be necessary- not to mention I've always had difficulties remembering statistics and numbers.

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
#12 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 03:29 AM

I thought it was sad for the boys who are cut and wished they weren't. I noticed the cut boys were very defensive. Wonder if they know that they can restore?
#13 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 04:29 AM

lol

I've been posting on the studentcenter site since 2002 (at the time I was 20 and had just started restoring) and have been lurking here for years as well.

It's amazing to see how attitudes have changed on there...

I was the only intactivist on the site and I brought up the topic up when I first joined and it was recieved very badly, I even got some hate mail. After months and months of debating I had a few people message me and tell me I've given them a new outlook on the issue.

Many people told me they were just ignorant to the issue or flat out disagreed with me, but now I can truely say that I've gotten quite a few people to change thier minds :-)

Also if you check the sex and sexuality section there is a very interesting topic about the penn and teller episode.
#14 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 06:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
it's so strange to see young men say things like "I'm cut and I love it" :
eek.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#15 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 11:21 AM

"We are God made. Uncut dudes are man made."

I like that one!!
#16 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weliveintheforest View Post
it's so strange to see young men say things like "I'm cut and I love it" :
eek.
I know, right! I think the best thing to figure is that they don't fully understand just what circing is, ya know? Or something.

:
#17 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7 View Post
"We are God made. Uncut dudes are man made."

I like that one!!
Typo or irony?
#18 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 04:10 PM

e-d-g, so glad you're there to teach them while they're young!

TT, I think it was a typo. I read that post and the rest of it was very pro-intact.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#19 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 04:29 PM

The poster here, or the poster there? Wasn't making accusations about *our* posters intent, just wondering if she was being ironic, or liked it indeed, but it was a typo in transferring it. In other words, I'm just confused : as usual .
#20 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 04:36 PM

On the first page where that on kid says he has more sensitivity because he is cut, I could not stop laughing at his thoughts UNEDUCATED. But the one kids come back on that was great, wish we could link them some MDC threads.
#21 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 04:53 PM

Oh, that's so funny, I didn't even read the typo the 2nd and 3rd time I read that quote! I almost went back to copy and paste it.

From the context of the poster and posts it should have read: We are God made. Cut dudes are man made."

Jessica

#22 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 04:57 PM

Thank you , my head was spinning.
#23 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 05:01 PM

I keep reading and reading it.
#24 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 05:15 PM

I would have loved to pipe in my two cents, but the forum was specifically for teen boys and I'm 0 for 2 on that!

Jessica

#25 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

#26 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenagedboyOnForum View Post
There is lots of evidence supporting the fact that the first hours and days are the most important for a baby. Think about it, this kid was created and spent nine months in his mom's uterus. The first thing we do to him is slice off some of his penis?
There is also a difference between consciously remembering something or not. Having an experience affect your development doesn't have to be consciously remembered. I don't remember learning how to talk, but I can. I don't remember learning how to walk, but I can walk. Similarly, many children are molested or abused very early on. They come to forget these experiences (or perhaps dissociate) but they are still affected by them. What one might call "scarred for life." Don't think I'm relating them, but if there is no need for circumcision, why do it? Why risk anything for a newborn child? On top of that, why make any permanent modifications to a child's body? Hell, after about the age of 10, a boy's penis ceases to be any concern for the parents, so why do they do it?

Your idea of "If I don't remember it, it didn't affect me" is a fourth grade thought. The complexities of the human brain deserve some more respect.

This also made me smile.
#27 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTail View Post
Thank you , my head was spinning.
Mine too now! So now we are all clear, it was that way in the original post over there, and transferred here the same way. I like it too, if it's corrected.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#28 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 07:50 PM

Who from here is posting over there?
I'm not sure why that one guy things all intactivist want circed guys to feel bad about themselves (or at least their penises), That's not what I want at all. However I think it's important people know what circ involves and how it changes the penis. Oh and him saying we don't care who we hurt, kind of ironic. Most of us here care so deeply about babies not being hurt and that's one reason why we feel so strongly about circ. I am glad the conversation is being had at all though!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#29 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 08:05 PM

Oh gosh - definitely typo! How did I not catch that?! Ya, that kid who wrote it was uncirced and thankful for it! So it should be CUT dudes are manmade and UNCUT are God made. :
#30 of 51 Old 12-21-2006, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheacoby View Post
Who from here is posting over there?

::rasies hand:: me! lol

I actually haven't posted in that partciular thread, kinda just wanted to see the replies...but I've been spreading intactivism on studentcenter since 02.

I've linked to MDC many times when debating the subject on there...some of the females in the sex and sexuality forum told me they were shocked when reading the "do you regret circumcising your son" stickied thread.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page