DP wants to circ DS beforesummer..help! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 01-17-2007, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
I'm wondering where abouts you are in Canada so maybe some of us could help you find a pro-intact doctor to go see. In Canada the overall circ rate is only about 9.4% (something like that, NOT over 10% though) so it sure sounds like most of the doctors are pro-intact. I believe on the west coast there is only one doctor who performs all of the circumcisions. There are quite a few of us Canadians, so please let us know where you are at.

I'm in the eastern part of Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 66 Old 01-30-2007, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

I wanted to respond earlier but my pc crashed and we just bought a new one yesterday.

To be exact in where I am, I'm in Quebec City. I haven't looked really for a ped yet,I only bring the kids to the doctor if they are sick. It would be nice if anyone had any doctors names that are foreskin friendly to give me. Thanks.
#63 of 66 Old 01-30-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_star View Post

I have until summer time to convience dp otherwise and to leave the decision up to ds1!!
take control of this situation girl! Look at your language. "You have until summer" Screw that. Put your foot down and don't pick it back up. Not trying to be mean or anything, but seriously don't even let him give you ultimatums when it comes to something as serious as this.

I've always heard that some boys don't retract until puberty.

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#64 of 66 Old 01-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Banned

FYI Since you are in Quebec City. %99 of the Drs are foreskin friendly.

You live in Quebec, not the United States.

Usually if you get a Dr who's not from a circing culture, you're all good.

So trust me, dont worry. Quebec is NOT cut happy.

my FIL was born in Quebec and the only reason why he's circd is for Hypospodaus (sp?) surgery when he was a youngin. DH is intact, his two brothers are intact, hell my dad and his brother who were born in the 50's are intact.

Trust me, your partner needs a kick in the head or something...Your son is not him. Just because he was retractile at 7 doesn't mean your son will be.
#65 of 66 Old 01-30-2007, 01:39 PM

Most of the studies I am aware of regarding the normal age of retraction are out of Asia. Interestingly, I saw a couple of French studies that involved retraction and steroid creams on boys at the age of 5, which made me wonder if there was some kind of medical recommendation regarding physiologic phimosis going on in France? Here are the abstracts about normal retraction age:

Hinyokika Kiyo. 2004 May;50(5):305-8.
[Preputial development in Japanese boys]
Ishikawa E, Kawakita M.
Department of Urology, Ishikawa clinic.

The natural course of preputial development is still not clearly understood. The preputial retractability was evaluated in 242 Japanese boys. The incidence of having a retractable prepuce gradually increased with age from 0% at age 1 year to 77% by the age of 11 to 15 years. In 48 boys, preputial development was followed up for 2 to 10 years with the self-retract maneuver. Non-retractable prepuce was found in 9 boys, which then became retractable within 2-7 years. The prepuce became retractable in most of the boys with balanoposthitis. In conclusion, forced retraction or circumcision is unnecessary for phimosis in boys with or without balanoposthitis.

Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2006 Mar;12(3):249-50.[Analysis of shape and retractability of the prepuce in 1,015 Chinese boys aged from 0 to 18 years old][Article in Chinese]
Wang MH, Wang ZX, Sun M, Jiang X, Hu TZ.
Department of Pediatric Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdou, China. wangminghehuaxi@126.com
OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the characteristics of the preputial development in Chinese boys and indications as well as occasion of circumcision. METHODS: The shape and retractability of prepuce were evaluated in 1,015 Chinese boys from 0 to 18 years old without heteroplasia of prepuce and penis. RESULTS: Ratio of children with phimosis decreases progressively with increasing age, from 64.09% in the first group (0 approximately 3 years old) to 7.66% in the fourth group (11 approximately 18 years old). CONCLUSION: Phimosis and incomplete separation of the prepuce is normal in the neonate and infant. Prepuce will separate from the glans progressively till adolescence, so it's unnecessary to perform circumcision for them when without any complications.

BJU Int. 1999 Jul;84(1):101-2.
The incidence of phimosis in boys.Shankar KR, Rickwood AM.
Department of Paediatric Urology, Alder Hey Children's Hospital, *********, UK.
OBJECTIVE: To establish the incidence of pathological phimosis in boys. PATIENTS AND METHODS: A 2-year review of circumcisions was performed for phimosis among a known population of boys, with the histological findings of the circumcision specimens assessed. RESULTS: Sixty-two boys (all but one aged 5-14 years) had typical pathological (cicatrizing) phimosis and among the 51 circumcision specimens examined histologically, 43 (84%) showed appearances of balanitis xerotica obliterans. During the same period, 30 boys were circumcised for developmental unretractability of the foreskin ('physiological phimosis'). CONCLUSIONS: The incidence of pathological phimosis in boys was 0.4 cases/1000 boys per year, or 0. 6% of boys affected by their 15th birthday, a value lower than previous estimates and exceeded more than eight-fold by the proportion of English boys currently circumcised for 'phimosis'.

Katie (36)

Married mom to Patrick (2004), Noah (2006) and Liam (2010) VBAC!!
winner.jpg                                        nocirc.gif                                  jumpers.gif
#66 of 66 Old 01-31-2007, 03:34 PM

I am also on the side of the posters who said to tell your DP no, period, end of discussion, not gonna happen, over my dead body or yours. I do think you should try to educate him, but I wouldn't even entertain the idea that he gave you an ultimatim. I also like the idea of having your DP walk around with his forskin retracted for a day, but why only a day? Make it longer than that. Tell him he has to walk around with it retracted until summer.

I also like the idea of saying you refuse to circ your son until your DP get's circed first. I know you mentioned that he said he wasn't retractable so he didn't need it, but retractable or not, the circ is gonna be painful, both emotionaly and physically. Your DP should go through it first so he can know what he is fighting for for his son. However... of course you don't want that done to your DP penis, so maybe that is a bad idea.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page