Peeing down his leg - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-13-2003, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My just turned two year old has started asking to go to the potty. The only problem is his forskin is a little tighter on the right top side and no matter how he holds his penis he pees all down his leg. I even asked him if I could hold it and can't get the pee to go out in front of him--it goes right. Even sitting on the potty if you push his penis down the pee goes up and right.

We have mostly gotten around this by just sending him outside (infact he usually asks for the bushes not the potty: ) but if he has pants or shoes on the right side is soaked.

Should I be showing him how to pull the foreskin back tighter agianst the glans when he pees or encorage more pulling the foreskin away from his body? I don't think I have ever seen him pulling on the foreskin and I think that was ds#1 favorite toy as a toddler.

This really is making it hard for him to potty train, at least when he goes in a diaper the pee is only on the diaper, not the pants, shirt, shoes, toilet seat, floor, AGGHHHHH! Help!
#2 of 4 Old 05-13-2003, 04:05 PM

Probably what is happening is the foreskin is begining to loosen at the tip and the urinary opening isn't exactly lined up. This is normal and self correcting with time. You can try and get him to pull it back and if that works in the short term, Great. He won't pull back hard enough to cause himself any harm. If there is the slightest pain, he will stop.

Most little boys will grasp the end of the foreskin and pull it away from their body and this may also be the solution to this short term problem. Sometime usually after the age of 7 or 8, they automatically reverse the process and start pulling back on the foreskin to urinate. Nobody knows why they do this with no instruction. It's just the wonder of Mother Nature and her grand design.

Frank
#3 of 4 Old 05-15-2003, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Probably what is happening is the foreskin is begining to loosen at the tip and the urinary opening isn't exactly lined up.
Well, that was the first day he started asking to go potty and now three days later it seems to be more aimable. I think that just pulling on it to aim ect, every time he pees was enough to even the opening back out. I also felt like pulling out was a more natural course at this time, and he has mostly done this with out any prompting, he just needed to see what peeing was like before he figured it out.

Of couse have yet to get him to pee in the potty, I hope none of my neighbors mind seeing a boy pee in our bushes for a while:

Thanks
#4 of 4 Old 05-15-2003, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mallory
I hope none of my neighbors mind seeing a boy pee in our bushes for a while:

LOL! At least this time of year they have leaves on them. Isn't it amazing that they come pre-wired with all of this stuff? It's like Mother Nature is leaning over their shoulder saying "OK now, pull out on it and just let go. You're doing fine!"

Frank

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page