Foreskins and condoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 02-07-2007, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've heard that if an intact man is wearing a condom, it pretty much holds down the foreskin and removes the rolling bearing action, making it feel just like a circ'd penis.

Is this true?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#2 of 19 Old 02-07-2007, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when an intact man has an erection the foreskin strechtes over the penis so there is really nothing to roll, so yes it looks like it is circ with or without a condom.
#3 of 19 Old 02-07-2007, 11:33 PM

Maybe some mens foreskins stretch all the way out, but DP is intact and this is not the case with him. There is still foreskin covering the glans, and it's great. No spitting - ever. Hooray foreskins!!
Um, and to actually answer the OP Condoms + intact penis = sucky in my experience. While a definite must for many men for safety reasons, it definitely negates the perks of the intact penis - no natural lube - definitely have to use some sort of other lube, decreased sensitivity for both people. HTH!!
#4 of 19 Old 02-07-2007, 11:34 PM

when an intact man has an erection the foreskin strechtes over the penis so there is really nothing to roll
Well, not exactly... on many men it retracts and does look pretty much circed (with no scar and a bit of wrinkling at least), but once the action starts, the rolling happens. One of the primary functions.

To the OP: well, IME it's not quite as bad as circ'ed, but not as good as barrier-free either. I've heard that different brands or styles of condoms may make the difference.
#5 of 19 Old 02-07-2007, 11:39 PM

Hmmm, funny, I actually liked using condoms because they were more lubricated and I didn't need extra lube if we used a condom (dh is circed, but you probably guessed that).

I'd guess- and I have no experience to back this up with-- but even if the gliding action is lost with condom use, the glans is much more sensitive in an intact man than a circumcised man-- and therefore HE might find the condom more satisfying. (Not more satisfying than not wearing a condom, but more satisfying than most circ'ed men).

I know my dh hated using a condom because he said it was painful and uncomfortable and he had less sensation.

And if we look at research (which I can't access right now-I'm signing off to call my mom, she needs major hugs right now) there is a study out that shows that circumcised men are less likely to use condoms.

After all the excuse that is so common- and marketed- is that they lose so much sensitivity.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#6 of 19 Old 02-08-2007, 12:30 AM

In my experience that's not completely true, but I've only got a sample of one penis. The bearing action still happens inside the condom, you just have to leave enough space in the end of the condom so the penis can move. You still need extra lube because the latex isn't as smooth as skin.
#7 of 19 Old 02-08-2007, 01:29 AM

I haven't used condoms much (when I was young I was too irresponsible : and since I've been older I've been married all the time), but I used to have a gay roommate who told me that it was best (that is, most fun) if you get a large sized condom and put some lube on the *inside* too, so that it slides around in there. Now that sounds to me like it might slip right off, but he said it was great. YMMV.
#8 of 19 Old 02-08-2007, 04:23 AM

I saw the thread title and had to check, 'cause I was curious about condoms and itact penises too. I noticed in the condom instructions it says "if you have a foreskin, pull it back before putting on the condom." Sounded strange.

Jen
#9 of 19 Old 02-08-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
I've heard that if an intact man is wearing a condom, it pretty much holds down the foreskin and removes the rolling bearing action, making it feel just like a circ'd penis.

Is this true?
No. You pull the penile skin toward the base so the glans is exposed, roll the condom on, then let go. After that, it all works. The rolling action still happens- just inside the condom/with the condom. Actually, the condom gets tucked inside the foreskin when its in its forward position- then back out when its not- during the rolling-action.
#10 of 19 Old 02-08-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1097 View Post
No. You pull the penile skin toward the base so the glans is exposed, roll the condom on, then let go. After that, it all works. The rolling action still happens- just inside the condom/with the condom. Actually, the condom gets tucked inside the foreskin when its in its forward position- then back out when its not- during the rolling-action.
I'm not sure why, but that didn't work for me.
#11 of 19 Old 02-08-2007, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenP View Post
I saw the thread title and had to check, 'cause I was curious about condoms and itact penises too. I noticed in the condom instructions it says "if you have a foreskin, pull it back before putting on the condom." Sounded strange.

Jen
I actually checked on a condom package the other day and there was no mention of the foreskin. It was Trojan.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#12 of 19 Old 02-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Well I've never had a problem getting a condom on an intact penis, I think it must be practice.

You just roll the foreskin back, (if he needs it to be), then roll on the condom (making sure that the little teat at the end has no air in it) like you would a stocking on a leg. It can be a bit tricky getting it past the corona, but can be eased on using fingers just under the rolled part - careful with your nails - and then unroll it down the shaft.

Given that an erect penis with the foreskin back is exactly the same shape as a circumcised one - minus the scar and maybe a few lumps and bumps - I can't see why anyone would have trouble with it.

In my experience the roller-bearing action of an intact penis is somewhat restricted whilst encased in a condom, but at least it's smooth and slippery and doesn't generate half the friction of a circumcised one.
#13 of 19 Old 02-08-2007, 02:17 PM

IME everything still moves. The condom is stuck on the penis securely but the whole thing moves forward and back iyswim.
#14 of 19 Old 02-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Banned

How I put a condom on DH:

Retract Foreskin

Put Condom on

Replace Foreskin

Condom looks like one of those water snakes you get at the dollar store, you know what I mean????

Of course I'm of the mind if I wanted to umm...:cencored a fake penis I'd go and buy a fake penis
#15 of 19 Old 02-08-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora114 View Post
Condom looks like one of those water snakes you get at the dollar store, you know what I mean????
ROFL.... Now you mention it....
#16 of 19 Old 02-08-2007, 05:15 PM

Gosh... it's been so long since we've used one... We always pulled dh's foreskin back before putting the condom on though. I really don't remember how it worked although I definitely prefer without a condom... dh does too

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#17 of 19 Old 02-08-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane
removes the rolling bearing action, making it feel just like a circ'd penis.

Is this true?
Not in my experience. My partner is intact. We've had sex both with and without a condom. The bearing action is still there. We've never had to use a lubricant, even when we use a condom. And I've never had any discomfort.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#18 of 19 Old 02-09-2007, 08:21 AM

Condoms really are designed for circ'd men, unfortunately. I found that "rolling" action really uncomfy for ME... because of the latex kind of bunching up and... uggghh. I'm sure that would feel better bare, but I never felt that. I also had the experience of the condom getting stuck to the glans a few times... even with some lube in ahead of time. But I do think lube ahead of time is a must (inside the condom).

But someone needs to get on the ball and design condoms that work better for intact men!
#19 of 19 Old 02-09-2007, 08:54 AM

Stuck to the glans? How on earth did that happen? I have to say, through thousands of condoms and quite a few different men, I have never had anything as bizarre as that happen.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page