Penises and Clitorises - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-08-2007, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...aren't they very similar?
If so, why don't drs mess with/check clitorises at well baby checks? I mean you wouldn't want your dd to have retraction problems or cleaniness problems would you?

Do you know how pissed a mom of a girl would be if a dr tried to 'retract' the clitoral 'foreskin' (hood)? And, I'm not sure since I've personally never messed with dds clitoral hood, but I bet it is fused and not retractable at birth...

Hmmm....something to think about....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2007, 05:25 PM

This link has an interesting comparison:
http://www.circumstitions.com/Develop.html

And IMO they don't retract girls for the same reason they don't circumcise girls here....socially unacceptable. Either that or the female foreskin is just too small to get any real profit out of it, unlike baby boys

Take care,
Tara

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin
Old 02-08-2007, 05:52 PM

Its too small, for one thing, and for another its attached down too.... And for another, there is a taboo on touching girls' genitals here. Its a-ok to mess with boys.... (For obvious reasons.... : )
Old 02-08-2007, 06:10 PM

Nothing scientific to add here, but dd calls her clitoris her "little penis." I tell her it's actually called a clitoris, but she prefers to call it her "little penis."
Old 02-08-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebugsmom View Post
Nothing scientific to add here, but dd calls her clitoris her "little penis." I tell her it's actually called a clitoris, but she prefers to call it her "little penis."
Well, that's basically what it is. Its "tethered down", but still- ... AND it has a foreskin.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calngavinsmom View Post
This link has an interesting comparison:
http://www.circumstitions.com/Develop.html

And IMO they don't retract girls for the same reason they don't circumcise girls here....socially unacceptable. Either that or the female foreskin is just too small to get any real profit out of it, unlike baby boys

Take care,
Tara
Look for a book published in 1987 "EVE'S SECRETS" by Josephine Lowndes Sevely. Her theory is that men and women are mirror images of each other. A pretty basic description but is exactly what you are saying.

Since we are a Capitalist Society there are hugh profits(its just business) attached(or detached in this case)to harvesting foreskins for use in the cosmetic and medical industry. circumcision is a tremendous source of income for Docs(often performed by Obgyn's, go figure)Better yet is the results of male circumcision will make a better soldier(see below).

http://www.math.missouri.edu/~rich/MGM/primer.html#MB
Old 02-08-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv580 View Post
That article has my heart aching and broken.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:27 AM

The clitoris actually has more nerve endings then the head of the penis.

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
Old 02-09-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
I wouldnt doubt the study that showed stated that was done by circumcised males who included the ENTIRE clitoris and didnt want to admit the foreskin was part of the penis so they didnt include its nerves.

but yes, the clitoris is very much like a small penis. So much so that female-to-male transexuals take testosterone to increase the size their clitoris to the size of a small penis. Ive found whole websites devoted to this sort of thing in my my researching of circumcision.

ps. there are pictures for those who may have trouble envisioning or even believing what im saying. lol
Old 02-09-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXEius View Post
I wouldnt doubt the study that showed stated that was done by circumcised males who included the ENTIRE clitoris and didnt want to admit the foreskin was part of the penis so they didnt include its nerves.

but yes, the clitoris is very much like a small penis. So much so that female-to-male transexuals take testosterone to increase the size their clitoris to the size of a small penis. Ive found whole websites devoted to this sort of thing in my my researching of circumcision.

ps. there are pictures for those who may have trouble envisioning or even believing what im saying. lol
I don't quite understand your first paragraph, would you elaborate? Thanks(sorry I'm a little slow)
Old 02-09-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
With or without foreskin? I think that the foreskin is as highly innervated as the clitoris, making allowances for the difference in scale.

I know that you would not make this argument, but it drives me nuts when people argue that it's never OK to cut the clitoris because it has so many more nerve endings per square inch than the foreskin. A) Prove it! Never seen it proven. and B) If men actually have fewer nerve endings than men, how does that justify cutting any of them off?

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 02-10-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv580 View Post
I don't quite understand your first paragraph, would you elaborate? Thanks(sorry I'm a little slow)
wow, no you're not slow lol. That's what i get for not proof reading what i wrote while in a hurry to get to work lol. I really messed that one up. My point was supposed to be that the study that showed the clitoris has more nerve endings in it than the penis probably included the entire clitoris (foreskin/hood and all) but only included the glans of the penis (while not including the male foreskin). This would seem typical of someone who was either testing a circumcised male for nerve endings or a doctor who didnt feel the foreskin was part of the penis therfore its nerve endings don't count towards the total nerve ending count of the penis. I could be wrong but it just seems typical of the kind of studies about penises and foreskins done by americans or people who are accustomed to circumcsision. I hope this makes more sense than that other post lol.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXEius View Post
wow, no you're not slow lol. That's what i get for not proof reading what i wrote while in a hurry to get to work lol. I really messed that one up. My point was supposed to be that the study that showed the clitoris has more nerve endings in it than the penis probably included the entire clitoris (foreskin/hood and all) but only included the glans of the penis (while not including the male foreskin). This would seem typical of someone who was either testing a circumcised male for nerve endings or a doctor who didnt feel the foreskin was part of the penis therfore its nerve endings don't count towards the total nerve ending count of the penis. I could be wrong but it just seems typical of the kind of studies about penises and foreskins done by americans or people who are accustomed to circumcsision. I hope this makes more sense than that other post lol.
Thanks for taking the time to explain and I agree with you. I had mentioned a book on a previous post(Eve's Secret by Sevely)that relates to your statement. The American cultural tries to push that circ is normal and all things related is "normal", this is wrong. My wife says that all men should have the look of "David" and while studying the Art of Michelangelo in college had never noticed "David" was carrying a sling!!

User Tag List