Do you have time to write to NPR - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2007, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did this last year for Genital Integrity Awareness Week. Maybe if we all wrote to National Public Radio, national and local stations we could get them to do a story about GIAW. I am sending letters to both my local and the national station.
Quote:
Dear NPR,

Perhaps you are already aware of a March on Washington DC that will be taking place from March 29, 2007 through April 3, 2007. This is the 14th Annual Demonstration/March Against Infant Circumcision at the United States Capitol - Washington. D.C. Many individuals across the globe are bringing awareness to the human rights violation know as Routine Infant Circumcision. Please include a story about this issue on your show. I suggest getting in touch with Marilyn Milos who is the Founder of National Organizations of Circumcision Information Awareness Centers. Here is a link to NOCIRC's website http://www.nocirc.org/ .

March 30th 1997 the Female Genital Mutilation bill became law. Many individuals will be at the march and also are working from their home bases to have male children included in this very important protection. There is a Male Genital Mutilation Bill that has been created to try and gain this protection for male children. Here is a link to the website http://www.mgmbill.org/usmgmbill.htm .

Thank you for your consideration of this very important story,

SAHM to Ivan 6/10/05 who says  signcirc1.gifand Matilda 1/31/08 who says saynovax.gif:::

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2007, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Is nobody else on board with thinking this is a good idea? : I love NPR and listen to them whenever I am in the car. I always feel that they report the news in an unbiased way and they are intelligent reporters. I also think we will have a more sympathetic audience.

SAHM to Ivan 6/10/05 who says  signcirc1.gifand Matilda 1/31/08 who says saynovax.gif:::

Old 03-05-2007, 04:23 PM

I love NPR, too, and I think it's a good idea.
Thanks for the links!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Whew! Thanks ktbug. I was feeling silly and so alone.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:09 PM

I'll do it!

thanks for the idea/lead
Old 03-08-2007, 04:33 AM

i think if Mac hears from several peeps interested in this show, he might put it on...send an email

http://www.983wowfm.com/contactus.asp
Old 03-09-2007, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Tims is drawing near. Please alert NPR, your local stations and any other media you can about this event. It would be great to get the message out to people via the airwaves. We need a lot of attendance and attention.
: :

Old 03-10-2007, 08:04 AM

Good Idea

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

User Tag List