Is your siggy intactivist enough??? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 201 Old 03-09-2007, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You're right about the sig. I want to shout it from the rooftops!! I've been meaning to change it for a while, so here we go...
#122 of 201 Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 PM

MAYBE its a *little* overboard.....but........I'm an intactivist, at least online. Too angry at RIC to do it in person, yet.....

In case I *ever* decide to change it, here it is:

intactivist.gifwinner.jpg fambedsingle2.gif  learning.gif homeschool.gif buddamomimg1.png gd.gif delayedvax.gif selectivevax.gif  supermod.gif (Yeah right)

angel3.gif loss 2/28/03           photosmile2.gif  ds 1/5/08             asl.gif dd 2/8/10

When we know better, we do better. ~Maya Angelou 

#123 of 201 Old 03-09-2007, 11:24 PM

Well, I've always had the smilie, but I added a link to this forum, especially since I am a regular in the April ddc.

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#124 of 201 Old 03-10-2007, 03:52 AM

Treece -- your sig is AWESOME!!

I'm gonna take a little time tonight and revamp mine!

Anyone else changed theirs?

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#125 of 201 Old 03-10-2007, 05:52 PM

I did not even realize it was against UA to discuss it on other forums (not that I have). My siggy is not anti-circ because in all honesty I don't think most people even read the sig's. Maybe I'm wrong.
#126 of 201 Old 03-10-2007, 07:13 PM

Always had the sign in mine, but I don't post a lot.
#127 of 201 Old 03-10-2007, 07:27 PM

mine has been the same for a long time, but I love it.

R~mama to 3

#128 of 201 Old 03-10-2007, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mexico Beach View Post
I did not even realize it was against UA to discuss it on other forums (not that I have). My siggy is not anti-circ because in all honesty I don't think most people even read the sig's. Maybe I'm wrong.
It's against the UA to make pro-circ comments anywhere on MDC, but you can post anti-circ comments anywhere. As long as it isn't totally off-topic, like in the arts and crafts forums. Well I guess if you were making a needle-point anti-circ slogan on a shirt...

In the spirituality and religious studies forums it is OK to discuss religious circ. But it's not OK to discuss religious circ anywhere else, including here in CAC.

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
#129 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 12:06 AM

Quote:
I'll remember the look of a signature even before I remember someone's name, but that might just be me. And I have noticed on occassion when I post in another area, and the next person that post in that same area will then post to the Intact and No problems thread, so yeah, they are noticed....

Just FYI as a general, you also cannot use the word mutilation in your sig either, even if you are quoting something/someone else.

And in spirtuality you can discuss the reasons behind the religious aspects, but don't think you can discuss anything else. I could be wrong about that one.

Oh and I am planning on upping my intactness in my sig, but haven't found time yet! :

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#130 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 12:46 AM

Quote:
My siggy is not anti-circ because in all honesty I don't think most people even read the sig's. Maybe I'm wrong.
I look at all the siggys. I love to see them with a lot of personality and I love to click on the links and see the sweet photos, creative arts and crafts and such. Also like to click a link and learn something new or interesting. Really LOVE clever and meaningful quotes in the siggys paired with a smilie!

SAHM to Ivan 6/10/05 who says  signcirc1.gifand Matilda 1/31/08 who says saynovax.gif:::

#131 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 12:56 AM

since when can you not have that word?

#132 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan's Mom View Post
I look at all the siggys. I love to see them with a lot of personality and I love to click on the links and see the sweet photos, creative arts and crafts and such. Also like to click a link and learn something new or interesting. Really LOVE clever and meaningful quotes in the siggys paired with a smilie!
:

I also love looking at sigs with blogs or WAHM ads, and baby pics. Who doesn't like baby pics? BTW Ivan's mom I'm also a veggy and don't go to the circus.

While I'm here can I get an opinion. Is the nocirc link in my sig too hard to find? I was aiming for subtle, but I now think it maybe too subtle. I thought I might get people who would normally ignor it to take a look while they were checking out the baby pics.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#133 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 03:42 AM
Fi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Just FYI as a general, you also cannot use the word mutilation in your sig either, even if you are quoting something/someone else.
When did that start? I've had this sig for months and no ones said a word

Long distance Mom to boarding school superstars E (9) and Layne (6).
#134 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 05:05 AM

I was wondering the same thing!!

I wonder if she'll ever answer us..

#135 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan's Mom View Post

I agree, I love seeing people's siggys; I can usually get a feel for what the person is like, even if it's only text

I added a few links to mine yesterday, but I had to take out the name of the person I quoted (St. Augustine) because it was too long.

Also didn't know we couldn't use that word...seems like I've seen it several times, but maybe it's a new thing?
#136 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 05:54 AM

I'm curious if some of you could explain why you have the : <~ pregnancy and birth loss ribbon next to/surrounding your Say no to Circ areas of your siggys. The : is to represent miscarraiges, stillbirth, and infant death. I'm just curious as to your perspective on using the ribbon wrt no circ.

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
#137 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 07:57 AM

When I point my mouse over the pink and blue ribbon, it says it stands for pregnancy and birth loss, SIDS, male breast cancer, and/or genital integrity. That's prob why some people use it with their circ quotes.

I just changed my anti-circ link to something more subtle (in an attempt to get people to take a look who might ignore otherwise...) I wish I knew for sure which is more effective (the direct or subtle route), so I'll probably switch back and forth every once in awhile
#138 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
I'm curious if some of you could explain why you have the : <~ pregnancy and birth loss ribbon next to/surrounding your Say no to Circ areas of your siggys. The : is to represent miscarraiges, stillbirth, and infant death. I'm just curious as to your perspective on using the ribbon wrt no circ.
Yeah, it's also used for genital integrity. NOHARMM that uses it as part of their "logo". I personally wish there was another choice. I think it's kind of unfair to parents who have lost a child to have them lumped together, but having the pink and blue together does show that it's both MGM and FGM. I'm a bit torn on the whole thing myself.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#139 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
When I point my mouse over the pink and blue ribbon, it says it stands for pregnancy and birth loss, SIDS, male breast cancer, and/or genital integrity. That's prob why some people use it with their circ quotes.
Unfortunately I think everyone kinda glommed onto the pink and blue ribbon. It's also the logo for the March of Dimes effort to prevent preemie births. All good causes, but it would be nice if they didn't all have the same ribbon!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#140 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
Yeah, it's also used for genital integrity. NOHARMM that uses it as part of their "logo". I personally wish there was another choice. I think it's kind of unfair to parents who have lost a child to have them lumped together, but having the pink and blue together does show that it's both MGM and FGM. I'm a bit torn on the whole thing myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
Unfortunately I think everyone kinda glommed onto the pink and blue ribbon. It's also the logo for the March of Dimes effort to prevent preemie births. All good causes, but it would be nice if they didn't all have the same ribbon!
Ah, thank you- I did not realize that it was used by others for their "logo". Yeah- I to wish there was a different ribbon- perhaps a pink and blue multi-striped ribbon so as to uphold the MGM and FGM idea. Thanks for educating me.

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
#141 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I just changed my anti-circ link to something more subtle (in an attempt to get people to take a look who might ignore otherwise...) I wish I knew for sure which is more effective (the direct or subtle route), so I'll probably switch back and forth every once in awhile
I've been thinking some of both is good. Some of us go with the calm subtle more flies with honey than vinegar approach, and some of us go with the direct hard to ignore approach.

Nobodies given me an opinion on whether mine is too subtle.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#142 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
Maybe there could be Intactivist Ambassadors to welcome newbies in Pleased to Meet You and the DDC's and get them over to the CAC forum to do a little reading...
What an awesome idea!
#143 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:

I almost always read a siggie, especially when I notice its a new person, or I find it catchy.

Plus you DO notice the or the !

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#144 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnr3301 View Post
mine has been the same for a long time, but I love it.
R,
I love yours too: "the more you know, the worse it gets" I find myself saying/thinking/writing that often, especially on some of the other boards.

Sometimes I use it as a tease... hoping someone will ask. THAT's the board(s) I need a siggie on, but I'd have to pay, and I really like to BE here, not there!

Jessica

Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#145 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepster View Post
I've been thinking some of both is good. Some of us go with the calm subtle more flies with honey than vinegar approach, and some of us go with the direct hard to ignore approach.

I do think it's too subtle, it took me a while to find it.

R~mama to 3

#146 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1 View Post
R,
I love yours too: "the more you know, the worse it gets" I find myself saying/thinking/writing that often, especially on some of the other boards.

Sometimes I use it as a tease... hoping someone will ask. THAT's the board(s) I need a siggie on, but I'd have to pay, and I really like to BE here, not there!

Jessica
I have it on my bumper too, and a neighbor (whose kids are intact) called me the other day and said she liked it too, and that it started an interesting conversation with her 8 year old, who didn't know what the word meant, but had read it. Now, my 6 yr old knows, but apparently it hadn't come up in her family yet. And she told me that she was sure it was true (the saying, that it gets worse), but that she hadn't even started knowing more. I know from previous conversations that they left their kids intact because they were at the peds office to get it done and heard the screams of the baby before them, and left. She didn't research, she didn't even afterwards, but she stood up for her baby when it counted.

R~mama to 3

#147 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
since when can you not have that word?

Sorry, long weekend with the family. Um, I guess always. I don't know. I had a quote once that I was asked to change. But don't want to get too into that, as of course, as you can see, I'm focusing on the positive

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#148 of 201 Old 03-11-2007, 11:43 PM

I think you can have that word, you just cannot link to something that is graphic and also, probably can't be too offensive in how you are using the word- but there is not necessarily a ban on a term.

There are (of course) guidelines spelled out around here somewhere...

Jessica

#149 of 201 Old 03-12-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepster View Post
Well, it didn't take me a while to find it, after you said it was there. but before yeah, too subtle. But what do I know about being subtle?

intactivist.gifwinner.jpg fambedsingle2.gif  learning.gif homeschool.gif buddamomimg1.png gd.gif delayedvax.gif selectivevax.gif  supermod.gif (Yeah right)

angel3.gif loss 2/28/03           photosmile2.gif  ds 1/5/08             asl.gif dd 2/8/10

When we know better, we do better. ~Maya Angelou 

#150 of 201 Old 03-12-2007, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Maybe there could be Intactivist Ambassadors to welcome newbies in Pleased to Meet You and the DDC's and get them over to the CAC forum to do a little reading...
I wanna do it!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page