Too Funny - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2003, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG! This morning my friend and her 5 year old daughter stopped by. My 2 yo ds was naked and running around. Miss Lane (the 5 year old) is very observant of the differences in people and will not hesitate to tell you. IE am pregnant. She has know since I was about 2 months. Once she came over and said" When is your tummy going to get big" I responded,"It will. It just needs some more time to grow."She responded "Well maybe she just got mixed up where she should be, because your butt is sure growing!" That ,my friends, is Miss Lane.

Anyway this morning she looked and looked at ds(intact) and you could see the wheels turning. "Look how cute his little pee pee is. It looks just like Pooh Bear's bee hive." I about fell off my chair! I have heard "pointy", "anteater", "hooded", But never bee hive.He was outside and a bit chilled so it was "shrunk" and the foreskin looked especially long. But when I looked it did sort of look at that moment like a bee hive on Winnie the Pooh. She then asked" Why does EJ(4 yo brother) not have a bee hive?"

How would you respond. I do not want to make my friend feel worse than she already does. She knows my incredibly strong stance on this subject and after given the info, would never circ again.

I just said ds is lucky and still has the protective top. Someday he will be able to grow out of it and it won't always look like a bee hive.

I didn't want to say "Your baby brother had his penis cut up because he had a bad dr."Or anything that would make her go and tell her little brother that he had his penis cut. And believe me that is the first thing she would say to him.

What would you say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2003, 05:00 PM

Cute story!

I would've simply said b/c your brothers penis is HIS penis and DS is Ds. the yare 2 different boys/people, so of course they have 2 different penises. I'd leave it at that.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:22 AM

She sounds so funny.I like those comments she made,lol. I suppose I might have just said to her,"Well some baby boys have parts of their penis cut off because their parents think it is a good idea.." Ofcourse that leads to the why questions by the dozen.
My dd has seen quite a few circ videos and I explain to her to everything that is going on.She is glad that no one hurt her little brothers peanut(penis).
sara
Old 05-30-2003, 10:17 PM

I commend you for your retort after being "put on the spot" for a quick, logical response which can prove to be both embarrassing and difficult. Especially when discussing sensitive topics such as this.

Sara29 - My son (when he was about three) always called his penis a - pea-nitt. lol.

User Tag List