Mothering Forum banner

It's a boy. (Update Post #9)

1K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  GoodMomma 
#1 ·
My niece(21) who got pregnant by a questionable fellow had a boy at midnight last night. I'm going to see her as soon as DD wakes up. He is perfect and healthy - so far. I have done everything I can think to do, including starting an all out family battle. Saturday I left all the pro-intact biblical stuff I could find in a little packet on her tray in the hospital. On top of it I left a little infant T-shirt that read, "Don't cut me and no one gets hurt!" Well, that got my brother's (niece's father) attention. My brother came over ready to harm me Saturday and we talked for hours. I think I converted him. He had honestly never heard of leaving a baby intact.
: The rest of the family thinks I've lost my mind. F 'em.

Sadly, this is the "good" news. My niece has some serious bruises on her. They are a few weeks old, but the fact that they are still there speaks to how bad they are. They going to report it this morning. My niece will admit nothing. The baby's "father" is already violating his parole and he can't afford more trouble. My brother and SIL are going to file for temporary custody. We don't know how these custody things work, but I honestly think my brother will leave him intact. Strange good news, eh?

I am so glad the CAC exists. Thank you for all the useful information. And a special thanks to the person who has 1Cor 12:18 in her signature. When my brother started to Bible-thump at me I pulled this out of thin air, thanks to seeing it in your signature. The signatures do matter! Thanks to this site, I could easily debunk every myth he had heard.

Keep hoping with me.
:

See less See more
#2 ·
Saying a
: that the baby stays intact. And Thank you for going that extra mile to protect him.

#7 ·
to you, mama! I hope your niece is OK.

#9 ·
Guess what. She's taking the whole baby home. They're being discharged as I type this. I'm so overjoyed I'm not sure how to react.
: That'll have to do for now.

She has many other problems, but she has shown the ability to make good decisions for her son, so I'm hopeful. Maybe good will build on good.

Just wanted to share some unexpected good news. I am happily in shock.

#17 ·
Awesome!!! I'm so glad that she came around (and your brother too
)!!!
Good for you for going the extra mile and saving your nephew
: I hope your neice is doing okay and is taking care of herself as well as her baby

love and peace.

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
If you are nursing could you pump for that poor sweet baby? He needs mama milk as much as he needs his whole penis.
She's trying to BF, but she's surrounded by ignorance. I'm going to try to help her as much as I can. She has to go back to working crazy hours in six weeks, so she's only planning to nurse until then. I hope she makes it that far. No one else in the family ever has. (Apparently I'm making up for them).

Would my milk be good for him? My DD is almost three. I thought the composition of the milk changed as they grew. I'll go ask on the breastfeeding board too.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleRockstar View Post
Would my milk be good for him? My DD is almost three. I thought the composition of the milk changed as they grew. I'll go ask on the breastfeeding board too.
I can't imagine that your breastmilk wouldn't be better for him than formula.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.