Mothering Forum banner

Ksco Am 1080

585 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mamasophy 
#1 ·
I have just been listening to Sophie, Melissa and Dr Denniston discuss circumcision on the air. WELL DONE you guys. I think the show was excellent, and I am sure that you opened some eyes and planted some seeds. We need MORE, MORE of this. What a wonderful way to reach thousands of people in one shot.

#3 ·
Dr Denniston strongly stated that circumcision was not needed in any way, that it was a "useless operation". They discussed reasons why it still persists in North America - Fathers and Doctors who are circumcised themselves and refuse to admit to themselves that this was not a beneficial thing. They talked about the form and function of a foreskin, and mentioned all the nerves that are lost, with the resulting decrease in sensation for the man and the discomfort caused to his partner. The ignorance of many urologists and their refusal to acknowlege less invasive treatment for foreskin problems was brought up. Also mentioned was the fact that thousands of men in the U.S. are attempting to restore some semblance of their lost foreskins.
There was only one dissenting phone call to the show, and he got onto the "hygeine" thing. The panel quickly pointed out how rediculous that argument was .
I really hope they get to continue, or do it again another day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.