Bart Simpson...and the implications... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
The Case Against Circumcision > Bart Simpson...and the implications...
AntoninBeGonin's Avatar AntoninBeGonin 04:57 PM 05-23-2008
How about Bart is Intact tshirts?

nak

tlh's Avatar tlh 06:06 PM 05-23-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoninBeGonin View Post
How about Bart is Intact tshirts?

nak
I would wear 1 but no 1 would understand.

actually I would like a pink and blue genital integrity ribbon over black t-shirt but i have never seen any.
bugmenot's Avatar bugmenot 11:20 PM 05-23-2008
There was another circumcision mention in the Simpsons. It was in the episode where prohibition of alcohol came to Springfield and Homer ended up secretely bowling balls full of beer into Moe's Tavern.

At the very end of the episode, Mayor Quimby is reading the town charter and there's a line in there "control circumcision." In a different episode, one of the bullies claims to be Jewish, by putting on various Jewish clothing, but I have a feeling that most Springfieldians (especially the kids) are intact.
nini02's Avatar nini02 01:33 AM 05-24-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmpetplaya View Post
That episode is definitely not realistic (WRT circumcision) or intactivist in any way, shape, or form. I usually really like South Park and agree that they generally take a common-sense view (and as I mentioned, we mainly got this episode because it makes fun of DARE and the highly ineffective and propagandist way they teach children about drugs - it just happened to be the circumcision episode also), but I have a HUGE problem with their handling of the topic of circumcision :

love and peace.
ITA, I love South Park but that episode really bugs me :
1  2

Up