Bart Simpson...and the implications... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 04-30-2007, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With the widespread interest in this forum on the genital status of David Beckam (44 replies, 1510 views) and Harry Potter (68 replies, 2678 views), here is a new one. According to this article, in a new Simpson movie, Bart will show full frontal nudity... Here is the link:
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarp...7-a9e2ad832672

Question: Will Bart be shown as intact, or circumcised..? And what are the implications, either way..? Bart is certainly not a model or example any child should aspire to, so could there be any "negative" implications, regardles of what his genital status is..?

And on another article...could this be a "hint" as to what his status is..." Link:

http://bumpshack.com/2007/04/28/bart...impsons-movie/

Quote from the article...
I was really hoping the Simpsons movie would feature Marge naked instead of Bart. If the movie makes it to theaters as currently cut (pun intended) it would be the first time a film has received a PG-13 instead of a R rating for full frontal nudity.
#2 of 34 Old 04-30-2007, 04:38 PM

Well it would be sticking with continuity...

Marge:...The dog to the vet to get N-E-U-T-E-R-E-D!
Someone else: What?
Marge: Then Bart to the doctor to get C-I-R-C-U-M-C-I-S-E-D!!
Bart: Wha!?
#3 of 34 Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 AM

so, if the dog got neutered before bart was circ'd, then bart was in, what, 3rd grade before he was circ'd? cause Santa's Little Helper didn't come along for awhile...

Which would SUCK for Bart...

But of course, most people going to see the movie wouldn't even catch this, so it's thrown in anyway

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

#4 of 34 Old 05-01-2007, 10:47 AM

Bart has always been 10, that's the beauty of the Simpsons.

Laura

mom to 3 home-born children, wife to a great guy joy.gif

#5 of 34 Old 05-01-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revamp View Post

I never thought that the Simpsons had much in the way of continuity.

Besides, I doubt they'll draw detailed enough to tell.
#6 of 34 Old 05-01-2007, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Continuity is definitely not the strongpoint of the Simpsons - I very much doubt they've even considered it. My guess is that the artist will draw it whichever way is "normal" to him.

Along the same lines, in South Park when Cartman was shown naked, he appeared to be intact (his penis was pointy at the end) but it's so hard to tell with no detail. The Simpsons is a bit more detailed, so we'll see.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#7 of 34 Old 05-01-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
I doubt they'll draw detailed enough to tell.

Sortof like Mickey in Maurice Sendak's book In the Night Kitchen, who is naked on several pages. Every time my kids ask me to read that book I find myself wondering...is Mickey intact?

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#8 of 34 Old 05-01-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubris View Post

Sortof like Mickey in Maurice Sendak's book In the Night Kitchen, who is naked on several pages. Every time my kids ask me to read that book I find myself wondering...is Mickey intact?
I know. I think he's intact in the video of the book. It definitely looks that way. And that is a weird little book.

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#9 of 34 Old 05-02-2007, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I doubt it will be detailed enough to tell. Just sort of a little elliptical end with no detail.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#10 of 34 Old 05-02-2007, 04:11 PM

Well... the Simpsons tends to like to push the envelope, IMO, so I would imagine there is a decent chance of him being intact.

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#11 of 34 Old 05-02-2007, 05:17 PM

About Cartman being intact... I have always thought about writing them and telling them to do a big, scandalous CIRC episode, and I always ponder which ones would be intact and which would be circ'd, and why... =D

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

#12 of 34 Old 05-02-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:

Do you think the juxtaposition between N-E-U-T-E-R-E-D and C-I-R-C-U-M-C-I-S-E-D, is deliberate and one of the writers is an intactavist?

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#13 of 34 Old 05-02-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepster View Post
Do you think the juxtaposition between N-E-U-T-E-R-E-D and C-I-R-C-U-M-C-I-S-E-D, is deliberate and one of the writers is an intactavist?
In an earlier episode, I think it was Season 3's "Like Father, Like Clown", Bart and Lisa are attempting to reunite Krusty the Clown with his estranged father, a Rabbi. If you listen to the DVD commentary from that episode, there is mention of a real life bris, some disagreement, and then a very uncomfortable silence.

So who knows...
#14 of 34 Old 05-02-2007, 09:36 PM

Well, I am really looking forward to the movie, but now I will be watching with a slightly different perspective

DH thinks he will be like Ken.
#15 of 34 Old 05-02-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubris View Post

Glad to know I am not the only one. There is another book I have by mercer mayer about a boy, a dog, and a frog... there is a bathtub scene at the end and I think the same thing.

I was just thinking of starting a new thread and I am going to put that idea of writing to the South Park guys in it!
#16 of 34 Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This thread reminds me of a scene from the 1993 Mercedes Ruehl movie, 'Lost In Yonkers'. Set in the past, two preteen girls discuss seeing a boy's penis. I remember them saying: "It looked like a Crayola crayon."

Immediately, I thought that means they saw an intact penis, since crayons have a pointy end to it, just like the cone-shaped taper of an intact penis. Just gave me a chance to mention this.
#17 of 34 Old 05-02-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:

homer never did make it to get the dog neutered, so it's possible bart didn't get circ'd.
#18 of 34 Old 05-03-2007, 12:52 AM

OT: something wierd I came across whilst googling this topic:

Quote:
"Sandek" is a title conferred upon an adult participant in a baby's bris; a title of highest honor. The Sandek holds the baby during the circumcision and/or a significant, specific portion of the greater ceremony.
the word's vowels are reversed from the author's name, but still, how odd...

6/9/2005 6/30/2007 10/17/2009 (Ebstein's Anomaly)
#19 of 34 Old 05-03-2007, 02:57 AM

youtube is your friend;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRpWTZY9mME

Also! in episode "They Saved Lisa's Brain"
Chief Wiggum is looking through a copy of the Springfield Constitution, mumbling the contents, which include "human rights and routine circumcision".
#20 of 34 Old 05-03-2007, 03:10 AM

Cartman (Southpark) is circumcised, as are all the boys - they did a show where Kyle's adopted brother Ike had a Bris, and Kyle tried to send him away to rescue him as he thought it meant his penis would be cut off. The boys all learned that "it" had been done to all of them, though not as religious ceremony. The mohel tells Kyle that "we're just going to snip it, to make it look bigger". Gross. Especially because Ike is supposed to be 2 years old.
#21 of 34 Old 05-03-2007, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasophy View Post
Cartman (Southpark) is circumcised, as are all the boys - they did a show where Kyle's adopted brother Ike had a Bris, and Kyle tried to send him away to rescue him as he thought it meant his penis would be cut off. The boys all learned that "it" had been done to all of them, though not as religious ceremony. The mohel tells Kyle that "we're just going to snip it, to make it look bigger". Gross. Especially because Ike is supposed to be 2 years old.
Actually only Kyle found out he was circumcised (they mention that Ike's brother had a bris when Kyle was present)... the other boys planned bris's at the end of the show... I don't know why they would plan a bris if they had already been circumcised, but it was a weird episode all around... the other boys aren't even Jewish so why would they plan a bris even if they were intact I love the parts making fun of the DARE program though

I've watched this one recently 'cause it's one that we have on the computer Here's a transcript of the episode:

http://www.planearium2.de/scripts-204.htm

love and peace.

#22 of 34 Old 05-03-2007, 03:50 AM

Thanks - I'm glad to be mistaken about that one. The whole circ thing on a 2 yr old was creeped out though!
#23 of 34 Old 05-03-2007, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmpetplaya View Post
I've watched this one recently 'cause it's one that we have on the computer Here's a transcript of the episode:

http://www.planearium2.de/scripts-204.htm

love and peace.
I read the bris scene and it went one, two, three snip : No crying no blood that hardly seems reallistic.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#24 of 34 Old 05-03-2007, 04:27 AM

Yeah and the mohel says "we're just gonna snip it to make it look bigger"! Sounds like the South Park guys seriously have their heads up their you know whats! Too bad, usually they take a common sense view (some might disagree with me lol!).
#25 of 34 Old 05-03-2007, 05:15 AM

And when the South Park movie came out, in the end of the TV-trailer - Bigger, Longer & Uncut -you could hear the boys saying eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww after the word uncut.

How sad.

The same spot was on TV here too and ofcourse no one undertood what the eeeeeeeeewwww was about.
#26 of 34 Old 05-03-2007, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
[Ears perk up] Where is this Harry Potter genital status thread?

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#27 of 34 Old 05-03-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasophy View Post
Yeah and the mohel says "we're just gonna snip it to make it look bigger"! Sounds like the South Park guys seriously have their heads up their you know whats! Too bad, usually they take a common sense view (some might disagree with me lol!).
That episode is definitely not realistic (WRT circumcision) or intactivist in any way, shape, or form. I usually really like South Park and agree that they generally take a common-sense view (and as I mentioned, we mainly got this episode because it makes fun of DARE and the highly ineffective and propagandist way they teach children about drugs - it just happened to be the circumcision episode also), but I have a HUGE problem with their handling of the topic of circumcision :

love and peace.

#28 of 34 Old 05-23-2008, 09:59 AM
tlh

during the skateboard scene FFN of Bart and you can't see the glans so it looks like he is intact.
#29 of 34 Old 05-23-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh View Post
during the skateboard scene FFN of Bart and you can't see the glans so it looks like he is intact.

Yes! I agree . I've been meaning to post that for the longest time. Another clue that Bart is intact is if you listen to the commentary the people working on The Simpsons Movie admitted they never thought they'd get Bart fully nude past the American censors. They were expecting him to show nude outside the US (I think they specifically said Europe).

Pretty cool .

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#30 of 34 Old 05-23-2008, 02:29 PM
tlh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoninBeGonin View Post
Yes! I agree . I've been meaning to post that for the longest time. Another clue that Bart is intact is if you listen to the commentary the people working on The Simpsons Movie admitted they never thought they'd get Bart fully nude past the American censors. They were expecting him to show nude outside the US (I think they specifically said Europe).

Pretty cool .
So Bart is an intact American (cartoon) Boy and has been for 20+ years.
What are the implications?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page