Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 05-07-2007, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewinmama View Post
This time dbf is circed and so are his sons. I still don't want to, and he sure does. Can the hospital honor my wishes if he disagrees? We are all praying for a girl this time. The easy way out of this particular debate!
If you have a son then he will be safe in the hospital as long as you make it known that you do not want him circumcised (more to avoid accidental circumcision which is almost always a possibility than anything your dbf might try). The mother has to sign the consent form in the hospital. I would be more worried about after the hospital if your dbf is very very insistent... unless you don't put him down as the father, he could always take your ds to a doctor and get him circumcised behind your back :

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#62 of 67 Old 05-07-2007, 05:43 PM

We are both strongly against RIC.

My dh is intact. I remember telling him when I was first pregnant at the same time as a good friend of mine that this friend had told me that she and her husband would circ if they had a boy (luckily, they had a girl). And he was just so so sad for that little baby. He couldn't figure out why in the world anyone would cut a child for no reason.

It took me longer to think about it and become anti-circ. The birth of my ds, to be exact. We were never going to circ, of course, but it was when I was holding my precious, trusting newborn son in my arms and someone asked me if we'd cut him that I realised the full horror of circumcision.
#63 of 67 Old 05-07-2007, 10:27 PM

I am adamantly opposed; husband was on fence until I forwarded him an article and he looked up some videos online. We are now both pleased to be anti-circ in the event that we end up with a son.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#64 of 67 Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 PM

Dh and I are both very against mutilating children's genitals!!!!!!!!

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

#65 of 67 Old 05-07-2007, 11:39 PM

i have 3 sons who are circ'ed and it still haunts me daily.
DH and I were fully and completely brainwashed by the same nursing school instructor. I remember a time in school, when my instructor told me i had to convince this one family to circ, because "that family is the only one who has said no" i was unsucessful, as well as my classmates (the family were chinese) we were chased out of the room by the grandmother shouting obscenities in chinese.
When we told our instructor what happend. She nearly cried she said "this boy will face a lifetime of pain, infection, and most likely cancer. Sex will never be enjoyable for him, or his wife. Circumcision is the best medical advance we have ever seen." All the nurses and instructors nodded along with what she was saying. So i never even questioned it. Even after researching to UC, i didnt question it. I didnt want my sons to suffer "a lifetime of pain and infection"
I dont even remember now when it hit me that i was wrong, that i had been lied to. But it hit me like a semi-truck at 80mph. I was an emotional wreck. I cried constantly for 6 months, and still occasionally do 2.5 years later.
And no one understood, they said "its no big deal, get over it" or "you have PPD" It was a horrendous and absolutley tortourous thing to go through, but nothing compared to what my sons went through. The only way i get through it, is by educating everyone I meet about the subject.

I am pg again, and this child will remain INTACT regardless of gender. problem is, i am already having nightmares that someone will circ or retract him. I had nightmares for a year after I found out the truth. I honestly almost hope I have a girl, so I dont have to deal with the incredible paranoia about someone hurting my boy. I dont think I would let anyone touch him.

sorry this was so long, i dont think I have ever written this out :

wife to my awesome DH, homeschooling, unassisted birthing, food growing, life loving mama to 5 crazy monkeys. :
#66 of 67 Old 05-07-2007, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenab00 View Post
DH and I were fully and completely brainwashed by the same nursing school instructor. I remember a time in school, when my instructor told me i had to convince this one family to circ, because "that family is the only one who has said no" i was unsucessful, as well as my classmates (the family were chinese) we were chased out of the room by the grandmother shouting obscenities in chinese.
When we told our instructor what happend. She nearly cried she said "this boy will face a lifetime of pain, infection, and most likely cancer. Sex will never be enjoyable for him, or his wife. Circumcision is the best medical advance we have ever seen." All the nurses and instructors nodded along with what she was saying. So i never even questioned it. Even after researching to UC, i didnt question it. I didnt want my sons to suffer "a lifetime of pain and infection"
I dont even remember now when it hit me that i was wrong, that i had been lied to. But it hit me like a semi-truck at 80mph. I was an emotional wreck. I cried constantly for 6 months, and still occasionally do 2.5 years later.
And no one understood, they said "its no big deal, get over it" or "you have PPD" It was a horrendous and absolutley tortourous thing to go through, but nothing compared to what my sons went through. The only way i get through it, is by educating everyone I meet about the subject.

I am pg again, and this child will remain INTACT regardless of gender. problem is, i am already having nightmares that someone will circ or retract him. I had nightmares for a year after I found out the truth. I honestly almost hope I have a girl, so I dont have to deal with the incredible paranoia about someone hurting my boy. I dont think I would let anyone touch him.

OMG... I'm so sorry that you were lied to I wonder how many other parents-to-be (students or patients) were coerced by that instructor or her students to circumcise against their will...

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#67 of 67 Old 05-08-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenab00 View Post

Mama... you are so brave to post your struggles with that. Many many *hugs* to you.

How completely ignorant of that instructor. That is so heartbreaking that you were all being taught that. Makes me very angry. :

Congratulations on your new baby to be. *hugs* again.

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page