This has to be said. A Vent. A Rant. UPDATE from the pedi post #11 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 06-12-2007, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you for sharing your story, and hoping your little boy feels much better soon. I know how hard it is to feel so bad about a choice made in the past. I never imagined that a medical doctor would tell me it was o.k. to do something so damaging and horrific to my children. Your posts have helped me in my healing process, and bring me renewed strength to keep talking about the fact that circumcision is WRONG.

mom to DS 7, DS 5 and DD 3 :
#32 of 44 Old 06-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
Actually, it may not be too late to sue him/her. This sounds like exactly the right kind of case where you were not informed -- and your son has suffered...
Exactly! Plus he lied her about using ledocoin! Please please please sue thie UA violation doctor : . Only when it hits his pocket he may consider stopping doing that!
#33 of 44 Old 06-12-2007, 11:05 PM

I'm so sorry about the pain you and your little guy are going through.

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 
#34 of 44 Old 06-12-2007, 11:15 PM
A&A

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
In the words of Maya Angelou, "When you know better, you do better."

It may help you to know that Marilyn Milos, who founded www.nocirc.org, circumcised her own sons. It was only later in life that she learned the truth about circ. She now has intact grandsons! You CAN make a difference. And make sure to post in the "Circumcised and Regret It" thread (a sticky at the top of CAC.)

You are the EXACT type of mama we are fighting for--one who would have made a difference choice had she only been informed. Join us in our fight here.

Also, I agree with Quirky that you should look into the possibility of suing the doctor who circ'd your son, or at least helping your son get his ducks in a row so he can sue at age 18. I'd contact Attorneys for the Rights of the Child. http://www.arclaw.org/

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#35 of 44 Old 06-12-2007, 11:21 PM

I'm sorry mama. I hope your son heals quickly and that you do as well. What a tough position to be in.
#36 of 44 Old 06-12-2007, 11:26 PM

i'm sorry, and will be praying for his healing. thank you for your courage.
#37 of 44 Old 06-13-2007, 02:06 AM

I'm so sorry.

As far as your MIL : it's quite the opposite; the more skin is removed the more likely this is to happen or the more severe it is likely to be.

If you don't have it in you to bring a lawsuit, at least document and save everything so that your son can do it if he chooses.
#38 of 44 Old 06-13-2007, 03:10 AM

Thank you for sharing your story. I hope your ds recovers quickly and doesn't require any further medical procedures to fix the problem You didn't know any better and you truly thought that you were doing the best for your ds. Please don't beat yourself up about it! I would have serious issues with your MIL after that conversation in your OP too.

Keep us updated... best wishes! I have so much respect for those of you who circumcised your first son(s) and then left others intact and/or went on to educate other mamas : You are an inspiration to me - it's such a hard thing to admit that you made a mistake about

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#39 of 44 Old 06-13-2007, 03:26 AM

I hope your son recovers quickly... Thanks for sharing your story with us. I am from Australia and it's not done at all any more, most hospitals refuse to do it, if some religions chose to have it done, mostly middle eastern families, it is done from at the earliest age of 6 months, and they are put to sleep when it is done, as a side effect from this, when the babies reach six months, most parents have "forgotten" about it and never get it done. It is so hard for anyone to find a Dr to do it, I would say 99% of baby boys are now not circumsized. I have two boys and never ever was it mentioned, except when DH asked out of curiosity and they told him its not done any more.
#40 of 44 Old 06-15-2007, 01:23 AM

to you and your sweet boy. I hope he is feeling better and healing.
#41 of 44 Old 06-15-2007, 01:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~FlyLady~ View Post
I hope your son recovers quickly... Thanks for sharing your story with us. I am from Australia and it's not done at all any more, most hospitals refuse to do it, if some religions chose to have it done, mostly middle eastern families, it is done from at the earliest age of 6 months, and they are put to sleep when it is done, as a side effect from this, when the babies reach six months, most parents have "forgotten" about it and never get it done. It is so hard for anyone to find a Dr to do it, I would say 99% of baby boys are now not circumsized. I have two boys and never ever was it mentioned, except when DH asked out of curiosity and they told him its not done any more.
I'm sooooooooo happy to hear this in your country! It seems like in 1980 when the pediatric academies stopped recommending circumcision, the circ rate in Australia plunged quickly, but it took a lot longer to become the majority (of intact males) here in Canada, and is going even slower in the U.S., though progress IS being made!
#42 of 44 Old 06-15-2007, 07:29 AM

I think it's interesting how people, esp. MILs, have opinions on stuff they know nothing about! We've only told a few people that we're leaving this one intact (male or female ). Mainly because we don't want to hear it from people who don't know what they're talking about.
#43 of 44 Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 AM

: (all of it)

#44 of 44 Old 08-16-2007, 11:17 PM

Oh my! I'm so sorry for your son's suffering! I hope he is healing as well as possible.

When I had my dd, my intact then dh and I refused to sign the consent as part of the preadmission process. The lady insisted we take the consent home and think about it! What a bi***!

FF to today, I am divorced and my dp and I got pg. He is circ'ed and so are his 2 boys. I spent a lot of time trying to talk him out of it. Fortunately our baby was a girl (I don't believe her ears can be pierced until she begs for it and is at least 12, those babies with piercings make me ill or at least their mamas do) and unfortunately Chloe was born still.

If we do conceive again, I will insist he read your posts.

Thank you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page