6 moving photo gifs & 3 brief video clips of real penises showing foreskin mobility - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2007, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! This is great education! My boys are intact, but I've never seen how a foreskin works on a man. I'm going through a divorce right now - I think I'll look for an intact man when I'm ready to start dating again, so I can see it up close
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papai View Post
Wait a minute, I'm intact as well. You're saying you can pull your foreskin all the back to the base of your penis? But only when flaccid, right? There's no way that's possible when erect, which is what I was talking about.

When erect, the foreskin retracts and sits behind the glans. It doesn't go all the way back to the base of the penis. Unless somebody has a magical inside/out penis. :
I'm guessing it depends on the guy. I think my DH's can go almost all the way to the base, while erect. I'm going to have to experiment now to be sure.

----------

Amy C:

Maybe you want to identify how circed your DH was at this site:
Coverage Index

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:53 PM

I don't know why I never looked at these before. What a good bit of info.

My dh is intact and you can bet your bippy our sons are too ESPECIALLY after seeing this, I think circ'ed penisi (peni??) look so forlorn, so incomplete.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:07 AM

It can be difficult to picture how a foreskin is made up and where it begins and ends - even for those who own one! Painfulquestioning's original post does an excellent job in grahically displaying the action of a foreskin, but it's clear from some subsequent posters that confusion still exists regarding the inner and outer foreskin and what part they play.

I've discovered a method of simulating a penis and its foreskin which will leave you in no doubt, I hope...

You will need:

1. One of those elastic supporting bandages that athletes use after a limb injury. Some First Aid kits come with one for domestic use. If you don't have this, find an old, long, stretchy sock or stocking or pair of tights. Just be sure whatever you use is elasticised. Why? Because this will be your foreskin - and foreskins stretch.

2. An arm; preferably your own, but any arm will do! This will will be your penis - oversized, but all the better for that!

Procedure:

(a) If you're using stocking, tights or a long sock you should cut it open at the closed end. This will ensure that whatever you use is now tubular, like the bandage (above).

(b) Next, if necessary, cut through again to the length of your extended hand and most of your lower arm.

(c) Bare your arm and clench your fist. Your arm is the shaft of the penis and your fist, the glans (head).

(d) Take the prepared tube and pull one end over your fist until it's snugly covering your wrist, leaving the rest dangling loosly. The stretched, snug end is where the inner foreskin, the mucous membrane, is firmly attached by the frenulum to the underside of the penis. (If we weren't using your arm, I'd suggest pinning or sewing a short, tough rubber band to simulate the frenulum. But, instead, just remember it's there!)

(e) Now insert the fingers of your free hand through the loose end of the tube, and stretch it open. Fold the sleeve back over the length of your fist and carefully up your arm. The aim is to keep the changing folding point below your fist. Obviously, if you can enlist some help, the process will much simpler.

You now have a simulated, uncircumcised penis in its flacid state. (Though it would be best if the bones in your lower arm were flacid, too!) The underside of the folded sleeve is the inner foreskin, full of all the sensory nerves; the upperside is the outer foreskin which extends along the length of the shaft to the pelvis.

But now your rigid lower arm is useful. You can mimic the effect of an erection by gripping the outer sleeve and stretching it back towards your elbow. Watch how your fist (glans) is slowly exposed, as the inner sleeve turns upside and the outer sleeve downside. If you use a silicone spray at this point on the upturned inner sleeve section, then release your grip on the outer sleeve, your 'foreskin' will slide back over the 'glans' again. This aproximates both the act of mastubation and that of sexual intercourse.

I have tried to explain every step clearly and relate them to a real penis. Because of this, it probably sounds more complicated than it really is. But do try it sometime - it works!

By the way, to the poster who queried the plural of 'penis', it's penes (last syllable neez) or penises. Penises is commonly used.

Christopher

Education is the discovery of our own ignorance. Will Durant

"You give a little love and it all comes back to you....

You know you gonna be remembered for the things you say and do."

Bugsy Malone

Old 06-26-2007, 05:20 AM

ok the little tendon thing that connects the bottom of the glands to the forskin(like the tendon thing under ur tongue that connects it to the bottom of ur mouth) whats that called and whats it for?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:17 PM

That's the frenulum (same word as the one under your tongue). It is very sensitive (erogenous zone) and keeps the prepuce tethered the same way the one under your tongue keeps your tongue from rolling back into your throat.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybee View Post
That's the frenulum (same word as the one under your tongue). It is very sensitive (erogenous zone) and keeps the prepuce tethered the same way the one under your tongue keeps your tongue from rolling back into your throat.
Yeah. Think of it like a screen door spring hinge that keeps the foreskin from staying back all the time, thus protecting the glans.

: It's truly sad when I talk to guys online and have to explain to them what a frenulum is and ask them if they still have theirs or not. They know they were circumcised... but that's pretty much the extent of it. They don't know how much they have left.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:21 AM

thanks i always wondered wa it was called....i like that thing-a-ma-bob
Old 06-28-2007, 11:57 PM

bump
Old 06-30-2007, 11:12 PM

Bump!
Old 06-30-2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titania8 View Post
ok, i thought it was 'animated' as in cartoon-y! not actual live penises! still good info though. better actually. i've seen cartoon penises retract and glide, but not real ones. what a funny thing to talk about!!
Especially since the OP only has 9 posts and all of them are about this.:
Old 07-03-2007, 04:21 PM

Right, so can someone help me out. The foreskin if the penis (when flaccid) is supposed to be able to be pulled back all the way to the base of your penis?! I can get it behind the head of my penis and behind the glands, but I havent actually tried pulling it all the way back to the base because I'm scred that my frenulum (banjo-string), rips or snaps or something. I'm 15 btw. Thanks a lot for any help you can give me.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:56 PM

What a cool site!

My dh is intact so no surprises, but I'll bet that a lot of men don't know what a normal penis looks like. Hopefully a lot of men will see it and think twice about taking that away from their sons.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Old 07-03-2007, 10:22 PM

Ive seen an intact guy one time in all my years and these videos refresh my memory. I agree with the rest of the ladies and it would be nice to have my fiance intact as well, but I love him no matter what. :
Old 07-04-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan View Post
Right, so can someone help me out. The foreskin if the penis (when flaccid) is supposed to be able to be pulled back all the way to the base of your penis?! I can get it behind the head of my penis and behind the glands, but I havent actually tried pulling it all the way back to the base because I'm scred that my frenulum (banjo-string), rips or snaps or something. I'm 15 btw. Thanks a lot for any help you can give me.
Go slow. Don't force it if it feels uncomfortable. I would think you would feel pain in the frenulum LONG before it could possibly snap.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan View Post
NO!

You will injure yourself. The foreskin goes behind the glans and that's as far back it needs to go. You no reason to try retract all the way to the base of the penis.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papai View Post
NO!

You will injure yourself. The foreskin goes behind the glans and that's as far back it needs to go. You no reason to try retract all the way to the base of the penis.
Perhaps I'm unique, but I can make my foreskin roll back into itself to half way down the shaft. Doing this makes the skin on my shaft roll into itself so I guess the outer foreskin covering my glans goes back and lies on top of the skin of my shaft. Best way I can describe it. I know everyone's different and foreskins can have different mobility and thickness and looseness factors. Mine is very mobile, thick and loose that I can do this. Since the only the owner fo the penis should see how far back the foreskin can go, it's based on what feels right without causing pain.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:01 PM

Sounds like penile yoga
Old 07-04-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoap View Post
Perhaps I'm unique, but I can make my foreskin roll back into itself to half way down the shaft. Doing this makes the skin on my shaft roll into itself so I guess the outer foreskin covering my glans goes back and lies on top of the skin of my shaft. Best way I can describe it. I know everyone's different and foreskins can have different mobility and thickness and looseness factors. Mine is very mobile, thick and loose that I can do this. Since the only the owner fo the penis should see how far back the foreskin can go, it's based on what feels right without causing pain.
Sounds like DH's.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyC View Post
...Here's what I don't get, though. Is that much sensitive nerve-dense skin really removed? Is circumcision removal of the foreskin or removal of part of the foreskin (exposing the glans.) To me, any is "too much," when it comes to function and sensitivity. I tend to think of my circ'd husband as being "without a foreskin," because I don't notice anything covering his penis, but the men in those photos look pretty much like him when erect & retracted. The shaft looks the same and it makes me wonder if that part of the foreskin is there while the important end is cut. And then with every circumcision, it is a matter of how much they cut. Then again, we are talking about infants here, and the amount of skin that is cut perhaps really does remove most or all of the foreskin (even what would cover the shaft)???

...So given that an intact, flaccid male can retract all the way back to the base of his penis, is ALL of that skin gone in circumcised men? Is that extra "play" in the shaft skin (that might get pulled back that far as easily as pulled toward the glans, as in my husband's case) the remaining foreskin? (Even though it doesn't seem like a separate layer of skin that peels back to reveal anything underneath; it just seems like skin on the shaft.)

I just wondered at the statement that all of that skin was removed. We can see a flaccid penis being "fully retractable" but does that mean we can assume that ALL of that skin was removed in circumcision?
Islay described in great detail how to visualize an uncircumcised penis with its different parts. This is a more basic representation, but may be easier to visualize...

Take a long-sleeved blouse or man's shirt and insert your arm in a sleeve. Don't put the garment on, just insert your arm. Button the cuff at your wrist. Make a fist and then with your other hand grasp the fabric at your forearm and slide it forward over your fist and beyond.

You now have an approximation of an uncircumcised penis. Your fist is the glans, your arm the shaft, and the fabric the skin. The "doubled thickness" of fabric from your wrist where the fabric is buttoned to beyond your fist is the foreskin. The layer of fabric next to your fist would be the inner foreskin or mucosal tissue.

The doubled part is what is removed in circumcision, at least with infants. All of the mucosal tissue is removed, as well as an equal amount of shaft skin covering the glans.

In adults, various methods of circumcision are employed. There is one procedure that preserves most of the shaft skin. The tip of the foreskin is stretched beyond the glans and excised. This allows separation of the inner and outer foreskin. The outer foreskin is retracted or slid back behind the glans, and the inner foreskin or mucosal tissue is excised at the sulcus. Then the outer foreskin is stitched to the penis at that point. This provides for more stretching during an erection and greater shaft skin mobility, but all of the most sensitive mucosal tissue is lost.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:40 PM

Lots of great info in this thread...should be shared daily!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 AM

Thank you SO much for this!
I had never seen an intact penis before this video and picture series...and I admit I was nervous. I am SO glad that I have now and honestly i'm more annoyed about circ than ever! I have a dear friend who practacly yelled at me how grose a penis loks "uncirced" and how horrible it is if I don't cut my baby. Um...first of all...it's not grose at all...in fact...now (don't tell my hubby) circed penises look nake to me.
They are all vulnerable and exposed...not something I'd think a man would want to call his "member". In terms of function it makes total sense to me now! I had no idea how form fitted it was...it barely is noticable except at the end...and that retracts when "in use"
I don't get the problem! Why do people think that needs to be removed? If it functions as a protector of a gland...there is NO reason to cut it.
I guess these are the people who think it's okay to wax off all their genital hair for vanity...even though it serves a protective purpose.
The whole thing just makes me nauseus. :

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way
Old 07-14-2007, 03:15 AM

bump
Old 07-18-2007, 01:46 AM

bump

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
Old 07-21-2007, 09:40 PM

bump
Old 07-28-2007, 12:47 AM

bump
Old 07-30-2007, 01:02 AM

I hate how even if a penis is restored, it'll never be the same in most ways as it originally was/could've been (i.e. the skin is thick, as opposed to the eye-lid-type skin that natural foreskins are like). My DP had RIC done to him, and reading threads in this forum seriously makes me depressed.

Also, I didn't know till yesterday that the vast majority of circ. males need lube to masturbate. I just hadn't given it much thought before. As an intact female, I just take for granted that I have no reliance on anything if I wanted to masturbate. I feel sad for all circ. males, but it's very important to have saved them from masturbatory insanity you know : (well that was the reasoning behind the popularization of routine circ. several generations ago in North America)
Old 08-02-2007, 03:47 PM

bump
Old 08-16-2007, 12:55 AM

Talk about bells and whistles!
Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 AM

That was fascinating, thank you for posting it! I'm going to send some of those links to a friend at work who's trying to convince her husband that circumcision is more than just "removing a skin tag".

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!

User Tag List