Advice On Ballooning, Buried Penis... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2007, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Trust me, his glans are not protruding...it might be hard to see because the picture is blurry (I can't get him to lie still for these pics!!) His urethral opening is in the correct place---that has already been confirmed and I have seen it many times myself. I have attached another one where I have applied pressure to the base (fig 1) and it shows the shaft and head of the penis which is still covered by foreskin. If you look at the "tip" of the penis...the end of his foreskin is actually pulled and flipped inwards (inside) instead of handing down outside as it normally would. When fully retracted it looks like the second picture (fig 2) which is from an article on megaprepuce (excessive inner foreskin) so I don't know if that's what we're dealing with but it would explain why his whole penile area seems to balloon up and not just the tip. Neither of the urologists mentioned it as odd.

Fig 1 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Bevie01/Fig1.jpg

Fig 2 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../retracted.jpg

No one told me he had "extra" foreskin...I was just using that term as a visual to explain that the foreskin that would normally be filled in with penile shaft (which is not because penis retracted into fat pad instead) is flipping inside and creating obstruction for urine. I don't really know how to explain it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 02:10 AM

Hi,

I went looking for this thread to see how you were doing and noticed that I missed the post with the pictures. I can't believe I missed that.

About the last two pictures, it doesn't look like he is buried. Is that the real color when it balloons? Does he act like he is uncomfortable when he pees?

The second picture, what happened? Is that him retracted? Was that picture taken at a Doctors office?

Anyways I also wanted to say that I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to his twin brother That must have been so hard for you. My heart just ached when I read that.

Have you been able to get a hold of NOCIRC or that Dr. that A&A mentioned Dr. Fleiss or maybe the D.O.C. I've read a lot of things here on the board. I can't seem to stop thinking about this thread. I sure hope he gets better. Poor little guy.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMomBevW View Post

No one told me he had "extra" foreskin...I was just using that term as a visual to explain that the foreskin that would normally be filled in with penile shaft (which is not because penis retracted into fat pad instead) is flipping inside and creating obstruction for urine. I don't really know how to explain it....
You mean he has megaprepuce? The open pocket under the foreskin extends all the way to the base of the penis, along the shaft? or do you mean that the tip of his foreskin rolled inside itself, and because of the phimotic ring, the urine pressure expands under the foreskin and the ballooned foreskin stretches beyond the phimotic ring, then urine pressure itself creates a valve of a double layer of foreskin that cuts off the flow of urine out the foreskin opening? Or is it something else?

Sorry, I have so been trying to figure this out... poor baby

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
Old 07-16-2007, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post
Hi,

About the last two pictures, it doesn't look like he is buried. Is that the real color when it balloons? Does he act like he is uncomfortable when he pees?

The second picture, what happened? Is that him retracted? Was that picture taken at a Doctors office?
I'm not sure which pictures you're referring to now...LOL. Are you talking abou the pictures from the 12th? First picture is me applying pressure around the base of the penis to show typically buried penile shaft (still under foreskin)...the second is a picture from a medical journal article regarding "megaprepuce" showing another patient...but that's what he looks like when fully retracted so I included it as reference.

JULY 12TH:
Fig 1 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Bevie01/Fig1.jpg PENILE SHAFT
Fig 2 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../retracted.jpg MED. JOURNAL FULLY RETRACTED

The other pics are from the earlier post (6th)...not of my actual son...but shows how his buried condition looks and ballooning with urine. I think I actually posted other pictures of my actual son but now I can't find that post...

JULY 6TH:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Bevie01/i9.jpg BURIED
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Ballooning.jpg BALLOONING

These are actual son..."at rest" showing buried condition and when really ballooned up (not all the time)....and yes, when it's REALLY ballooned the veins are quite pronounced and it looks bluish...he doesn't seem to be in pain or anything but I can imagine it's uncomfortable to some degree and I try to change him more often when it's like that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Picture067.jpg BURIED - ACTUAL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ie01/007_7.jpg REALLY BALLOONING

Anyways I also wanted to say that I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to his twin brother That must have been so hard for you. My heart just ached when I read that.

Have you been able to get a hold of NOCIRC or that Dr. that A&A mentioned Dr. Fleiss or maybe the D.O.C. I've read a lot of things here on the board. I can't seem to stop thinking about this thread. I sure hope he gets better. Poor little guy.

Thank you re: his lost twin brother. It was devastating and it is still painful for us to see him without his brother and watch him grow and change and wonder what they would have been like together. Some people say that time heals but not really...you just live with it and it becomes a part of you...like a hole in your heart..it never goes away...sometimes it feels even worse because at every milestone/birthday/Xmas we grieve over and over again. :

I have gotten replies from Marilyn Milos who instructed me to contact a Dr Robert Van Howe (which hasn't replied yet) and replies from DOC John D. Geisheker who agreed NOT to retract and that he had never heard of megaprepuce and thinks it's probably just an exaggeration by doctors as another excuse to circumcize. Marilyn Milos had never heard of it either...apparently it was only first documented in 1994. I do not even know if this is a condition that he has...I just thought because he has such extensive ballooning that might apply but I don't really know.

Thanks for your concern...I really hope it resolves itself sometime soon. We have been dealing with this for a while and so far he has had no ill effects. I would like to have another pelvic ultrasound to make sure there is no urinary reflux but otherwise there's not much I can do except redo the steroid treatment or keep retracting like I've been told (which I won't). Other Moms I've talked to on this board who's son has the same buried condition all said that it resolved on it's own around 2/3 years of age. The sooner, the better!!
Old 07-16-2007, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfThePride View Post
You mean he has megaprepuce? The open pocket under the foreskin extends all the way to the base of the penis, along the shaft? or do you mean that the tip of his foreskin rolled inside itself, and because of the phimotic ring, the urine pressure expands under the foreskin and the ballooned foreskin stretches beyond the phimotic ring, then urine pressure itself creates a valve of a double layer of foreskin that cuts off the flow of urine out the foreskin opening? Or is it something else?

Sorry, I have so been trying to figure this out... poor baby
As I said before...I just heard of megaprepuce and don't know much about it but because his ballooning is so extensive (not just confined to the head of the glans) I wondered if this might be another condition he suffers from. Marilyn Milos from NOCIRC never heard of it as neither did John D. Geisheker from DOC. It might also be the second thing you mentioned...the tip of his foreskin always flips inward...I don't know about the phimotic ring cutting off the flow but I'm sure it has something to do with it since it doesn't retract naturally yet...I think the ballooning is mainly due to the flipped in tip of foreskin that creates the obstruction and then the buildup of urine just increases the pressure until I manually have to apply pressure around the base and pull down to release it. It's hard to explain, honestly.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:25 AM

The pictures I said I missed were the ones in post #31.

The actual pictures of his ballooning and it being buried just baffled. I have never seen anything like that before. I'd be interested in knowing what Dr Robert Van Howe says. Until then give that little guy lots of love, hugs and kisses for us!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:13 PM

My baby son seems to have exactly the same problem and an urologist says he needs surgery. I would really like to know how your son is doing!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmssv View Post
My baby son seems to have exactly the same problem and an urologist says he needs surgery. I would really like to know how your son is doing!
If he's peeing fine and not in any pain, you're best bet is to leave it alone. Once you do surgery, you can't get back what you cut off and it may have been normal (every foreskin, like every penis is different).

It's like those idiot braindead doctors who suggest circ for UTIs -- WHICH IS NOT RELATED NOR NECESSARY -- and the UTIs come back after the sugery.

User Tag List