Sad - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-06-2003, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just went to visit my girlfriend who had her baby on July 3. She had a boy and had him circumsized. She and her dh talked about like it was no big deal. I didn't know what to say. Then they went on and on about his immunizations (a different forum, I know ) and there I sat with my intact, non immunized baby on my lap. I just kind of sat there staring. Anyway, just had to share as I've been thinking about it all day.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2003, 11:05 PM

I hear you. I gotta go up to the inlaws next week, and congratulate circing SIL on her new pregnancy....and bite my tongue about "why don't you think about NOT circing this one if it's a boy??!!" I had better not mention that ds is not vaxed....

It is tough. But maybe your friendship will have a positive influence on her to think about these things.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 07-06-2003, 11:12 PM

I wonder what they'll say if he sues them some day?
Old 07-07-2003, 11:31 AM

I find it hard to deal with as well. I try not to judge others,and on most issues I do very well such as birthing choices,bfing/ff,vaxing.I just can not get past circ and my feelings that ALL boys deserve genital protection just like girls,and that circ should not even be a parental choice anymore-no excuses or protection for any reasons.
sara

User Tag List