Join Date: Oct 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just want to find out, from those of you who have given birth to boys in a hospital...
1. Did anyone come ask if you wanted to circ after you'd said "NO" in the birth plan or other paperwork? Did anyone try to coerce you to change your mind?
2. Did the doctor/nurse who brought the consent form explain the procedure?
3. Did he or she explain risks vs. benefits (and if so, was it accurate)?
4. Is circ covered by your insurance?
5. What state do you live in, and in what year was your experience?
I am curious as to how much lack of info is given in the hospitals... trying to wrap my mind around why so many parents do it blindly. I have a feeling that it is due to a lot of them getting no info in the hospital, from it being assumed that they will circ their sons, and that, combined with the cultural attitude, makes many people never even think to question it.
I know people who think docs are all infallible, and that they would never fail to give important info...
|49 members and 16,328 guests|
|Adria Lang , agentofchaos , Arduinna , arwen521 , babydoulajo , beedub , BirthFree , Boobiejuice , Candice KausHagen , Childrenareawesome , corson , Deborah , easydoesit , emmy526 , floss&ferd , GulfamVirdi , happy-mama , Hippie Mama 79 , Janeen0225 , jul511riv , justlizzy , Katherine73 , Kelleybug , LiLStar , mama24-7 , Markons92 , MeanVeggie , Michele123 , micromammausa , moominmamma , NaturallyKait , samaxtics , SarahBovard , scaramouche131 , SchoolmarmDE , silversparrow , Socks , Springshowers , sren , stephalittle , SweetSilver , TealCandy , transylvania_mom , Turner58800 , verticalscope , VsAngela , worthy , zoeyzoo|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|