circ'd vs. not--really!?! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 08-24-2007, 01:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope you told her exactly what you think of her. And then left.

What a worthless excuse for a human being she is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 59 Old 08-24-2007, 02:04 AM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
some peoples thought process really gets me :/

who (we know that) what, where, when and you would you come up with that! AMAZING!!!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#33 of 59 Old 08-24-2007, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
I hope you told her exactly what you think of her. And then left.

What a worthless excuse for a human being she is.

i mean i know it is how you really feel. but if this was my SIL we were talking about i would be upset with the quote:"
What a worthless excuse for a human being she is".

yes she did make a poor choice but i dont think that makes her a "worthless excuse for a human being" she does have alot to learn. and i hope her little one PLAYS WITH HIS LITTLE FRIEND THE TIME

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#34 of 59 Old 08-24-2007, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug View Post
i hope her little one PLAYS WITH HIS LITTLE FRIEND THE TIME
Yeah me too!
#35 of 59 Old 08-24-2007, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
Also, he's fascinated by his nipples, will rub them for comfort, or just pinch them absentmindedly...so by her logic I should have his nipples cut off, right? Afterall, they're just an unnecessary piece of skin...no biological purpose, and it embarasses me when he plays with them, especially in public.
Yeah... and those little babies who play with their toes... off with them too! (I heard that could prevent in-grown toe nails... and it reduces the chance of nail infection too!)

: Should ask her if she will circumcise her daughter (should she have one)... cause I have seen lots of little girls messing about down there too.

Grrrrrrrrr.
#36 of 59 Old 08-24-2007, 05:37 AM

Yes, unfortunately I know SEVERAL people who have circ'd their sons for that reason (it's religious for them...the 'playing' issue, not circ) :
#37 of 59 Old 08-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug View Post
i mean i know it is how you really feel. but if this was my SIL we were talking about i would be upset with the quote:"
What a worthless excuse for a human being she is".

yes she did make a poor choice but i dont think that makes her a "worthless excuse for a human being" she does have alot to learn. and i hope her little one PLAYS WITH HIS LITTLE FRIEND THE TIME
You know what? IMO it does. She was informed and chose to mutilate her child anyway. She had the opportunity to learn and made a childish, heartless and callous decision for an utterly stupid reason. And I can't say what I'd really like to as it's against the UA :
#38 of 59 Old 08-25-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vac70 View Post
Yeah me too!
I still think you should tell her how you feel. Basically I would say I would understand if you circed your son because you felt he would be heathlier but to circ your son in order to control his sexual behaviour is beyond digusting and cruel. You literally raped him is basically what I would tell her. I also think you should send her the replies. It might really upset because she will be made to feel like a bad mother but that is what might make her think more about her choices if she has another son.
#39 of 59 Old 08-25-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasL View Post
I still think you should tell her how you feel. Basically I would say I would understand if you circed your son because you felt he would be heathlier but to circ your son in order to control his sexual behaviour is beyond digusting and cruel. You literally raped him is basically what I would tell her. I also think you should send her the replies. It might really upset because she will be made to feel like a bad mother but that is what might make her think more about her choices if she has another son.
Very well said!

#40 of 59 Old 08-26-2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
You know what? IMO it does. She was informed and chose to mutilate her child anyway. She had the opportunity to learn and made a childish, heartless and callous decision for an utterly stupid reason. And I can't say what I'd really like to as it's against the UA :
You know, I am pro-intact, too, and also thought it was harsh to say she's a worthless excuse for a human being.

There are worse things that a parent could do than circ a child. I've read news articles about parents who leave ecstasy, meth and other drugs in the kids' reach and the kids ingest the drugs and get very sick or die. We don't have to dig around much to find news articles about parents who murder their children. There are people who molest their own kids. Parents who beat their children. Shake their babies. Tons of stuff that, in the grand scheme of things, is worse than circumcision. I think it is just a bit of an over-reaction to label her as a worthless excuse for a human being over this. Chances are the child will still be healthy and well-loved, albeit missing a very useful part of his body.

I'd be upset to read that about my own family member, even if I were venting about her. It's one of those "I can think it and say it, but you can't" things.
#41 of 59 Old 08-26-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
My non-circ'd 2 y/o plays with himself a lot, too, but I truly believe that it's nature's way of getting him to start the process of foreskin retraction.
My thoughts exactly. But my son is 17 months.

Boys play with their penises. Intact or circumcised. To circumcise a baby because of that is about one of the worst arguements I've ever heard in my life.
#42 of 59 Old 08-26-2007, 02:21 AM

#43 of 59 Old 08-26-2007, 02:32 AM

I just wanted to explain the "worse things" comment...

There was a mom in a suburb of my city who cut off her infant's arms and let her bleed to death before dialing 911. She suffered post-partum psychosis. There's another mom in a suburb of my city who hanged her children and killed herself (her 8-month-old survived because the baby didn't weigh enough to break its neck). There's another mom in my area who left methamphetamines within her child's reach and the child overdosed. There's a boy and his friends who thought it would be fun to let his nephew get high on pot and videotape it. There was Chris Benoit who killed his wife and son. All these people did awful, unspeakable things to their children, but are they worthless people?

There are countless atrocious injustices done upon children each and every single day. These injustices don't excuse circumcision or make it right, but if being circumcised is the absolute worst that a boy/man ever goes through, then I gotta say that he is a lucky person.

Again, I'm anti-circumcision and pro-intact...but I cannot apply the "worthless" label to someone who is honestly trying to do what she thinks is best for her child, even if she is misguided.
#44 of 59 Old 08-26-2007, 02:38 AM

poor little guy
#45 of 59 Old 08-26-2007, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Also, he's fascinated by his nipples, will rub them for comfort, or just pinch them absentmindedly...so by her logic I should have his nipples cut off, right? Afterall, they're just an unnecessary piece of skin...no biological purpose, and it embarasses me when he plays with them, especially in public.
Have our sons played together? LMAO...
Joe and I just can't figure out what the fascination is!?!? Nipples and Foreskin! Hands always busy! Even puts himself to sleep this way....constantly!
#46 of 59 Old 08-27-2007, 09:04 PM

I know in my last my I suggested the OP forward the replies to the mother but I would suggest not forwarding any of the replies the refered to her as a worthless human being. In a PM to the OP I also said something I should not have about the circing mother. Anyway I hope if she has another son she will be more open to info and why she should leave her son as nature intended.
#47 of 59 Old 08-27-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreskin friendly View Post
Have our sons played together? LMAO...
Joe and I just can't figure out what the fascination is!?!? Nipples and Foreskin! Hands always busy! Even puts himself to sleep this way....constantly!
OMG My ds2 does the nipple thing. My dh does it too which is probably where he learned it. He hardly ever touches his penis, but if he is topless he is always rubbing on his nipples. Don't know what it is about those nipples.
#48 of 59 Old 08-28-2007, 12:30 AM

lml41981 said
Quote:
but are they worthless people
You are right, they are not worthless.
I don't think anyone is worthless.

I think its its worth making a distinction between
a person and their behaviour.

All people can be respected, but you don't have
to respect all behaviour.
#49 of 59 Old 08-28-2007, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vac70 View Post
Her friend told her, GET THIS, that she wished she had circ'd the eldest son because during the early years he played with it so much more than the circ'd son! My SIL said she just decided then that she would because she would not want to have to deal with that! I seriously can't believe it! I didn't know what to say and then she went on to tell me that her son didn't even cry and that they did give him an anesthetic so she "knows" it didn't hurt.

So what is she going to do when her son goes through puberty.... :

Circ doesn't work! Stop the violence of circumcison. Had another UP/UC/HB in August!
#50 of 59 Old 08-28-2007, 02:43 AM

Quote:
My SIL asked what differences her friend noticed between the boys regarding circ'd vs. not. Her friend told her, GET THIS, that she wished she had circ'd the eldest son because during the early years he played with it so much more than the circ'd son! My SIL said she just decided then that she would because she would not want to have to deal with that!

Quote:
Again, I'm anti-circumcision and pro-intact...but I cannot apply the "worthless" label to someone who is honestly trying to do what she thinks is best for her child, even if she is misguided.
What part of the OPs post which I quoted and bolded above yours has one iota to do with what she thinks is "best for her son". Honestly?

I don't see anything about what is best for her son. I see an excuse that is totally about HER. After she was given info on circ.

Sorry, not buying her decision as supposedly well thought out and considered to be in the 'best interests of her son".
#51 of 59 Old 08-28-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
What part of the OPs post which I quoted and bolded above yours has one iota to do with what she thinks is "best for her son". Honestly?

I don't see anything about what is best for her son. I see an excuse that is totally about HER. After she was given info on circ.

Sorry, not buying her decision as supposedly well thought out and considered to be in the 'best interests of her son".
I am inclined to believe she was grasping at straws to find something, anything, that would get her to leave her alone about the topic without having to resort to the old stand-by, "Geeze, could you please stop thinking about my infant son's genitals?"

Regardless, I just do not believe that circ'ing a child makes one a worthless human being and I think for you to insist that she is makes you no better than she. All the good that this woman may have done in her time...all the good she may go on to do...all of it is for naught if she cuts off a part of her son's penis? For real?
#52 of 59 Old 08-28-2007, 12:37 PM

yeah ok
#53 of 59 Old 08-28-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
yeah ok
Yeah, that's about the impression I'm getting from your posts, too. Extremism, really... A person isn't a "worthless excuse for a human being" because they make a decision you disagree with. She made a bad parenting decision, for sure, but are you setting yourself up as an example of perfect parenting? Would you want someone to call you a "worthless excuse for a human being" because you made a bad parenting decision?
#54 of 59 Old 08-28-2007, 02:17 PM

It case it isn't clear, I don't view deliberate genital mutilation of helpless babies by the people that are supposed to be loving and protecting them as "just another bad parenting decision". Especially when the person was informed of what's involved in RIC.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
#55 of 59 Old 08-28-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Regardless, I just do not believe that circ'ing a child makes one a worthless human being..
She circed her son because she believes it will prevent him from masturbating. I don't know if that's a "worthless" act, but it's definitely a SICK one.
#56 of 59 Old 08-28-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lml41981 View Post
I just wanted to explain the "worse things" comment...

There was a mom in a suburb of my city who cut off her infant's arms and let her bleed to death before dialing 911. She suffered post-partum psychosis. There's another mom in a suburb of my city who hanged her children and killed herself (her 8-month-old survived because the baby didn't weigh enough to break its neck). There's another mom in my area who left methamphetamines within her child's reach and the child overdosed. There's a boy and his friends who thought it would be fun to let his nephew get high on pot and videotape it. There was Chris Benoit who killed his wife and son. All these people did awful, unspeakable things to their children, but are they worthless people?

There are countless atrocious injustices done upon children each and every single day. These injustices don't excuse circumcision or make it right, but if being circumcised is the absolute worst that a boy/man ever goes through, then I gotta say that he is a lucky person.

I agree - very well said. A person gets their worth by virtue of being a human being - not by their actions. Everyone has inherent worth, regardless of the idiotic things they may do. To strip a person of his worth devalues human life in general, and that doesn't do any good for the case against circing - if less people are seen as having worth, then more atrocities (such as circing) will be committed on people because they are seen as having little worth.

Maybe the comment about being a "worthless human being" wasn't meant as in she has no inherent worth... just something said because you are outraged at her poor choice. I can understand that.
#57 of 59 Old 08-28-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokosmile View Post
She circed her son because she believes it will prevent him from masturbating. I don't know if that's a "worthless" act, but it's definitely a SICK one.
She HAS to know that isn't true...

(Or else see if she has a time machine- and destroy it! )
#58 of 59 Old 08-28-2007, 05:29 PM

I don't see someone who would mutilate their son to reduce masturbation as being any different than someone who would remove their daughter's finger nails to do the same-- or even one finger nail. The action and the reasoning combine to create someone with a frame of mind I could never accept or even fathom allowing myself to be near.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#59 of 59 Old 08-30-2007, 04:55 AM

i am all for non circ'ing but....

i hope to god that i dont have ANYone this opinionated on the topic talking to me on either side. i really think it is a major turn off when people say/do some of the thing some moms on here say. if that was me and even half of the info was passed to me the way some on here pass it. goodness i would hear non of it.

it is one thing to feel STRONG about something it is another to be dis-taste full! when i want someone to understand my point i dont try and CRAM it down their thought! that will get you no place at all!

i really think this mom has alot to learn. i know lots of circ'ed boys who are fine. and maybe just maybe that was her FAST answer. there MIGHT be more to the story. regardless, she is not "worthless" nor is she a "bad mom" she just has some learning to do and this is NO was to teach someone! i cant believe the word worthless would come to mind. maybe a little something like, i really hope he has no complications or gosh i hope hes doing ok thats a really hard surgery on his little body.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page