new here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2003, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am the mama of a very sweet intact baby boy.before i was ever pregnant I always thought i'd let daddy decide for the typical reasons. but when i found out i was pregnant i instantly knew i could never allow such harm come to my son. would i allow my husband to beat my children just because he was abused? OF COURSE NOT and this was exactly the same to me. When I found out the gender of this wee one during my pregnancy I stressed over talking to dh about it since he is circ'ed. when i finally got up the nerve to talk to him about it i bombarded him with info and ended it with " I WILL NOT cut anything off my son's body. there will be no compromise in that. other things we can compromise on but not this. I would not cut off his hands just because it was fashionable and i certainly won't cut off his foreskin, argueably a man's most prized possesion, for those reasons. I will get a divorce before i do." I was 7 months pregnant and crying as i said it
My dh came back wuth a big "...uhh...Ok" (smart man that he is )

I was just feeling so sad today for all the little mutilated children and wanted to be able to talk about it without starting a huge debate. so here i am
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Banned

So glad to have you join us!!

Old 07-18-2003, 10:50 PM

Good For You !!

Old 07-29-2003, 08:28 PM

Selissa, you are like a breath of fresh air. I'm getting so frustrated with women who won't put their foot down when it comes to protecting their sons.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

Old 07-29-2003, 09:47 PM

Welcome to the board Selissa!.
sara

User Tag List