Desperate Housewives - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-09-2007, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK... A little embarrassed to admit but I have a few obsessions- this being one. I also always look into spoilers of my favorite shows because I like to ruin things for myself
ANYWAY... Bree's daughter, Danielle, is going to have a baby in a few episodes and it's going to be a boy. Circumcision will be debated. To say anymore about it, I would have to get into the whole backstory and it is SUPER confusing and involved (LOL) but if you're a sometimes watcher (I'm probably the only one here that does watch it haha) then make sure you tune in this season!!
I so hope they don't do it!! From what it seems... it's the bio dad who's against

Monther of Riley (11), Andrew (4) and Victoria (7 months)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 07:55 PM

I bet you anything they will and site that stupid African circ study It would be great if they didnt it would really help get the word out since that is a popular show.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 10-09-2007, 08:06 PM

Bree likes things perfect so I think she won't....lets hope so.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:50 PM

Wait, I thought it was Bree that was pregnant? :
I hope they don't do it though... that would be AWESOME seeing as how so many people watch it.

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

Old 10-09-2007, 08:57 PM

considering how anal bree is, and its going to be "her" kid... i think bree will want it done. in her eyes, i think "perfect" is not going to equal "intact" she likes things neat and tidy and in order, and i'll bet she equates being circ'd with those things.

Artie, mom to Riley 3/22/08 and a surprise due Oct 2011!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:03 PM

It may very well go in a more unexpected direction. In the episode before last weeks, Bree was telling Orson that raising Danielle's child was her chance to have a do-over and parent differently. And in last week's episode, her "perfect" status was in question- maybe Bree's going to get all super-crunchy and stop caring about things matching!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

OMG Other people here watch DH too??? Yay LOL
No, it isn't Bree that's preg. It's her unmarried daughter. Bree's wearing a fake belly and passing it off as her own- very 50s
I'm pretty sure that it is Bree that wants it done and the bio dad comes up and says no. This is all from spoiler sites so it's never really clear. Some say Orson and Bree disagree, some say the bio dad and whoever. There's talk about a Jewish spin too... and her agreeing to raise the baby Jewish if they'll do it or something.
I do hope she gets super crunchy!!! A homebirth might be a possibility, considering her not-really-pregnant status. Although I'm sure we'll be seeing bottles, since she's not the bio mom. I'll let it slide though since it did show Lynette BFing Penny when she was a baby. But that's OT :-)

Old 10-09-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandynee22 View Post
OMG Other people here watch DH too??? Yay LOL
No, it isn't Bree that's preg. It's her unmarried daughter. Bree's wearing a fake belly and passing it off as her own- very 50s
I'm pretty sure that it is Bree that wants it done and the bio dad comes up and says no. This is all from spoiler sites so it's never really clear. Some say Orson and Bree disagree, some say the bio dad and whoever. There's talk about a Jewish spin too... and her agreeing to raise the baby Jewish if they'll do it or something.
I do hope she gets super crunchy!!! A homebirth might be a possibility, considering her not-really-pregnant status. Although I'm sure we'll be seeing bottles, since she's not the bio mom. I'll let it slide though since it did show Lynette BFing Penny when she was a baby. But that's OT :-)
Ohhh, ok. I didn't catch that because the only episode I've ever seen was last weeks (?), the one about the pie. LOL

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:22 PM

This is a stretch BUT, Eva Longoria is on the show and IF she has any influence maybe we can hope she's against circumcision. Because: She's Latino, from large Latino community in San Antonio, is married to Tony Parker, who was born in France and raised in Belgium, both intact countries. (not a very "French" name though, it it?)

We can hope though, right?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:54 PM

Oh let's hope....
Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
Old 10-10-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandynee22 View Post
OK... A little embarrassed to admit but I have a few obsessions- this being one.
I watch it too. Takes me away from the day and into some crazy neighborhood that makes mine seem "normal," if only for an hour. LOL.

I do hope that they go against it, I'd be bummed if I had to stop watching it. They're in enough hot water after the episode about "Phillipino docs" comment. OT, sorry. I just don't know what direction they're heading. Maybe we should write them and speak up on behlaf on NC?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Good idea! I think I will :-)

Old 10-11-2007, 03:03 AM

I'll be watching!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 01:28 AM

:

Anyone see tonight's episode? She had the baby...you guessed it. A boy. And in the 'teaser' for next week's episode, a Rabbi? is at her house for some reason (a baby shower maybe?) and she asks him "Oh and while you're here, could you do a bris on my baby?" (or something like that) Guess I won't be watching DH anymore...

Oh and here's the kicker...after the baby was born, Bree said he was "perfect"! Guess not. :

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 AM

Uggghhhhh....

Another lost opportunity. Most of Hollywood seems to be pro-circ. Unlike the rest of CA.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:16 AM

It is not yet known if he will actually be circ'd though.

I mean, I don't have real high hopes for the outcome, but in the spoiler I read, it is supposed to be a debate over if he will or will not be. So don't give up. Even if he does, at the very least hopefully some good anti points will be brought up.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:20 AM

From the spoiler site:

It looks like Danielle will give birth to a boy. Orson and Bree will not see eye to eye about circumcision.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspook View Post
:

Anyone see tonight's episode? She had the baby...you guessed it. A boy. And in the 'teaser' for next week's episode, a Rabbi? is at her house for some reason (a baby shower maybe?) and she asks him "Oh and while you're here, could you do a bris on my baby?" (or something like that) Guess I won't be watching DH anymore...

Oh and here's the kicker...after the baby was born, Bree said he was "perfect"! Guess not. :
How awful and disappointing.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:28 PM

At least it was a home birth. On the kitchen counter? LOL But it was good to see an emergency home birth and they stayed home, not rushing off to the hospital.

I think there is still hope that the baby gets to stay intact, even though the trailer shows Bree asking a mohel to 'bris' her baby. It looked like maybe she crashed a bris? I don't think a mohel would do that (hopefully).

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfThePride View Post
At least it was a home birth. On the kitchen counter? LOL But it was good to see an emergency home birth and they stayed home, not rushing off to the hospital.

I think there is still hope that the baby gets to stay intact, even though the trailer shows Bree asking a mohel to 'bris' her baby. It looked like maybe she crashed a bris? I don't think a mohel would do that (hopefully).
I don't watch this show but am following this thread. Hopefully it's one of those cases where the preview is totally different to what actually happens.

Homebirth is good. You don't see a lot of those potrayed on TV and natural births often get bad treatment. Although a babies birth is a day (or so). Missing a body part is a lifetime!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:11 PM

UGH, did anyone notice the narration of the teaser... "Next week, they're gonna cut 'em off" Flash the words "Cut 'Em Off" followed by the clip of Bree asking the Rabbi about a bris *sigh*
Old 11-05-2007, 08:15 PM

Oh, yuck!!!!!!!! I hope they get a ton of negative feedback...
Old 11-07-2007, 01:28 PM

was anyone else annoyed that her water broke and her baby was born like 5 minutes later? lol. Especially for a first time mother. My water broke and my baby was born 38 HOURS later. It was funny how Danielle was like "it's coming!" before she even had one contraction.

and i also hope hope hope they DON'T circ!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 11-08-2007, 03:01 AM

My water broke and my son was born two pushes later. I didn't see the show, but the length of time a woman labors varies immensely. Why are we mad that her delivery was precipitous?

sorry...off topic...disregard.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christifav View Post
My water broke and my son was born two pushes later. I didn't see the show, but the length of time a woman labors varies immensely. Why are we mad that her delivery was precipitous?

WOW! So you had no labor contractions before your water broke and your baby was born minutes later??? I'm jealous! I didn't know that was possible!

But I see that was your second birth... not really sure how often that happens with a woman's first birth.

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:

I can't speak for everyone, but the reason why it annoyed me was the greater context of tv births. They never show a more average birth. It is either super fast, which is rare or has other rare things for the added drama.

I'm also less annoyed at the speed of the labour than having her labour on her back on a kitchen table.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:

But was that your first born? Danielle was having her first so I just thought it was silly that one minute her water broke, the next she said "it's coming" without really even having contractions (at least it didnt' seem that way, she wasn't stopping to breathe or anythign like that, then the next minute she's up on the counter pushing out her baby. I just thought it was very "t.v. dramatic" lol:

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 11-08-2007, 07:37 PM

have ya'll seen this?

http://video.aol.com/video/tv-desper...cision/2018088

i think the hubby's doing a nice job....making his wife's reasons seem very superficial.

i don't even watch this show and I'M interested!

oh yeah - and they are bottlefeeding too....not even promoting the breast.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancta View Post
have ya'll seen this?

http://video.aol.com/video/tv-desper...cision/2018088

i think the hubby's doing a nice job....making his wife's reasons seem very superficial.

i don't even watch this show and I'M interested!
Interesting. I don't watch this show but I have to wonder if it's being set up so she'll change her mind.
Or on the other hand will it become a big joke and the husband say never mind go for it.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:01 PM

We'll see - at least the issue is being addressed! And Sancta, isn't the baby Danielle's? So it has to be ffed? But it also might have been nice if Danielle pumped. That happened a long time ago on a soap opera (AMC) - the bio mom pumped for the babe (who literally couldn't be fed formula because of allergy). Sorry, OT! I'm not going to watch D.H. but am interested in how it will turn out. Unfortunately in the media, circ is still fodder for comedy (yeah, it's real funny...)

User Tag List