Is Your Baby-Daddy Circ'd? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 125 Old 10-10-2007, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaE View Post
My husband is circumcised. In fact, I've never seen an adult intact penis (in real life - I have seen pictures of them).
Same here. I've seen unirced children in daycares I worked in (very few ), but I've never seen an adult uncirced penis, except in pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelcat View Post
I really hate the term babydaddy. I'm not 17!
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Blythe View Post
I have never seen an intact penis on a man. I have seen photos and I am not going to lie it is ugly as hell if you ask me... BUT... that is no reason to make my son suffer through a barbaric procedure so he will be left with all his little parts.
Actually, if you really look at them, aren't all penises, circed and uncirced, kinda ugly?

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#62 of 125 Old 10-10-2007, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've never knowlingly been with an uncirc'ed man. I'm not sure about some of the men I've had casual encounters with when I was 18, but any "real relationships" I've had have been with Jewish men who had a Bris Milah in infancy.

ITA that adult penises are not exactly pretty to look at whether they're circ'ed or not. And baby penises just look like cute little baby penises whether they're circ'ed or not. And little boy penises just look like "Go get some clothes on already and stop running around half naked" no matter the circ status.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#63 of 125 Old 10-10-2007, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyhalfmoon View Post
Actually, if you really look at them, aren't all penises, circed and uncirced, kinda ugly?
I was trying to find a nice way to say that! I agree.

As for the original question, dh and any other adult penis I've glimpsed has been circed

Back to the theme of 'ugly'. There are some 'nicer' galleries of intact penises...I would puzzle that someone would actually find ALL of them ugly. I think often what men think is 'pleasing' is far different than what women find pleasing visually-- so if you come across sites that have images from an articstic standpoint, you might actually find more that you might not find ugly. That probably goes for both circed and intact.

For example, the gallery of intact art http://www.circumstitions.com/Art3.html shows many popular classical nudes (such as Michaelangelos David, Leonardo da Vinci's "Vitruvian man"). One of the moms on my mainstream expecting club posted a link to a photo gallery (tasteful nudes, all intact), because so many people had such a misguided notiion of what an intact penis looked like. I have no idea what the site was, but I think it was the first time I didn't think a penis WAS ugly.

But it did feel weird to look. But then again, now it just feels WEIRD that I had to look at a site to see what a normal adult penis should look like.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#64 of 125 Old 10-10-2007, 10:06 PM

I think the term baby daddy is funny I use it when ever possible, especially when my husband isn't living up to his fatherly duties like changing diapers.

~Erika, mama to Isaac 2/07 and Jacoby 9/09 , married to my sweetheart, Sam
#65 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Do not think me weird but when I see an erect penis I get all happy inside. lol I LOVE the male form.... now you want to talk UGLY> The vagina. lol
#66 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 12:03 AM

My DP is intact and is from Scotland.

intactivist.gif  ribbonpb.gif RN student, bellycast.gif birth doula since 2006
#67 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 12:09 AM

My DP is cut but he was 5 when it was done and he remembers the pain clearly. When I met him I already had two sons and when boy #3 was born he didn't argue one bit about keeping him intact.
#68 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Banned

My father was born in Germany, and is intact.

My husband was born in the Mid-West and is (surprisingly) intact. (Yay!)

The only other penises I have ever seen were those of my nephews during diaper changes - two born in America to my sister were circumcized ("to look like Daddy"). My best friend (who is closer than my sister) adopted a little boy from Eastern Europe and his looked like an elephant trunk! LOL! (He was 14 months old when he came home, and it's likely that he was "retracted" because his was fully retractable : )

ETA: Not all penises are ugly. My DH's penis is BEAUTIFUL!
#69 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 01:14 AM

Yes, he is. Any future sons will be left intact.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#70 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 01:42 AM

My dh is circ'd. Ds isn't. Dh has been my only partner.
#71 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 01:59 AM

He was circ'ed.

I've had mostly circ'ed partners, but a few longterm boyfriends who were intact. For me, it's not better or worse, just different. For DH though, it's not as good as it would have been if he was just left alone, and that's sad. He is against circ completely.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#72 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 08:14 AM

I don't think penises are ugly at all. And I find it disturbing to see exposed glans on an infant.. nothing at all "cute" about it. :
#73 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokosmile View Post
I don't think penises are ugly at all. And I find it disturbing to see exposed glans on an infant.. nothing at all "cute" about it. :
I agree. I've sadly seen a few from playgroups, etc. It just looks so abnormal. The normal colored shaft skin and then a bluish/pink giant glans exposed :, it's really obvious to see on an infant that the glans IS an internal organ as it was meant to be.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#74 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcmassage View Post
I think the term baby daddy is funny I use it when ever possible, especially when my husband isn't living up to his fatherly duties like changing diapers.
I use it all the time too. I think it's hilarious. My exhusband calls me "baby momma" too lol. I love to say baby daddy to my mom because she gets all mad (she works in a jail so I guess she hears it a lot and from not so nice people. She tells me I sound like an inmate haaaaa)

Monther of Riley (11), Andrew (4) and Victoria (7 months)
#75 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcmassage View Post

See, I find it offensive. now in the OP it just annoys me to no end. It wasn't specifically directed to me. If t was, yeah, offensive. I'm not that kind of girl! As I said, I'm not 17, I've never been on Springer, and there was no confusion as to who my child's father is!
#76 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 12:19 PM

My guy is cut. Only one boyfriend wasn't, and he was how I first learned about the anti-circ movement, actually!

DP is totally supportive of not circumcising our son, however.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#77 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 12:33 PM

my husband is cut, but in the process of restoring (yay!!)
every guy I've been with has been cut
I've seen intact men at the nude beach, and I thought they were beautiful Cut men just look mutilated to me now. DS is intact of course

Enjoying life with DH since 05/04 and our two boys Oliver 02/07 and Theodore 07/10 

#78 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie Patootie View Post
My dh is, as was every other man I have known.
me too...

Nicole - Mom to FOUR healthy, happy, wild boys.
#79 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
See, I find it offensive. now in the OP it just annoys me to no end. It wasn't specifically directed to me. If t was, yeah, offensive. I'm not that kind of girl! As I said, I'm not 17, I've never been on Springer, and there was no confusion as to who my child's father is!
me too...I think it sounds juvenile, personally...

Nicole - Mom to FOUR healthy, happy, wild boys.
#80 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamalluv View Post
My DH's penis is BEAUTIFUL!
Mine too - my husband's, that is.
#81 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 01:05 PM

Yes, all of my partners have been circ'd. But DH did say (before we found out DD was a girl) we were not circ'ing if we had a boy. He has two sons from a previous marriage and they are not circ'd.

Also, (TMI from my mom) my dad is not circ'd.
#82 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 02:52 PM

I've never heard the term baby-daddy, I thought it was a typo-- or just the posters nick name of how to say it. Thought it was cute- but not something I would use.

Lol.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#83 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 04:00 PM

My DH is cut. He was sure that our son would be until I showed him just what circumcision was. Like most cut men he didn't really know that anything had been done to him. He is very sad about it and was very against having the same thing done to his son. That was a huge relief.

Leigh

#84 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 07:41 PM

yes he is circed, wishes he wasnt. Hes the only person I have ever had sex with.

None of our boys are. I have seen very few intact men.

I worked in hospitals and nursing homes as a teen and rarely saw intact men, once in a while I would but it was extremely uncommon. I'm really, really hoping for a change.

At least we have ended it with our children we are the first in each of our families to stop the tradition of male genital mutilation.
#85 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I thought anyone would recognize it came in a jokey manner, to soften a personal question. I aplogize if it annoyed you to no end, it wasn't my intention.
#86 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 08:18 PM

My dh is intact. He was born/raised in India and circ is not part of that culture at all. We had agreed not to circ our kids, but as it turned out we had girls.

I also don't like babydaddy-- I have been married to my dh for close to 12 years. Maybe next time use "the father of your child".

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#87 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 08:35 PM

my dh is intact, and his was the first intact penis i saw, i think i was 16? hehe, anyhow although his buddies teased him about it i never saw it as an issue, actually thought it was cool and told his mum so. Mostly my other partners were cut, never made a difference to me, although i think i prefer intact, just seems normal, which it is. Obviously when ds is born in another 4 weeks his will be left alone.

Living and learning with my four young ones......
#88 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 10:07 PM

My DH is circ'd but is at the beginning of the restoration process. My DSs are the only males (adult or child) on either side of our family that are intact. :

It's sad, out of all the penises I have met in my personal life, (more than 10, fewer than 20) not one has been intact! I grew up in the midwest, though, and circ rates have historically been very high there.
#89 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAmma View Post
I also don't like babydaddy-- I have been married to my dh for close to 12 years. Maybe next time use "the father of your child".
It was a JOKE. You know, like ha ha. Sheez! "The father of your child" doesn't sound very funny to me. I've apologized, and now I'm dropping it.
#90 of 125 Old 10-11-2007, 11:08 PM

Nope. He's not and no future sons will be either. His father is circumcised though and my dh is VERY glad they don't "match" Both my brothers were circumcised, but my youngest brother had complications so my mom is totally on board with her (future) grandsons remaining intact. My siblings are all much younger than I am so I'm hoping that I have a boy before they do. That way intact will be normal to them and I'll have intact nephews too

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page