I modified my letter to my legislators:
Dear Sirs and Madams,
I am writing you because I have a cost savings suggestion for your insurance company. In this time of soaring health insurance costs and premiums, please STOP paying for medically UNNECESSARY routine infant circumcision SURGERY performed at parental request. Please work to eliminate the waste of unnecessary circumcisions from your company's budget. This cut was made to the Florida Medicaid budget in 2003, saving the taxpayers millions of dollars annually:http://www.sptimes.com/2003/07/01/St...circumci.shtml
A few facts about circumcision:
* Circumcision is no longer recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics, or any other national or international medical association, as numerous studies have not been able to prove any benefit.
* Circumcision is painful and usually performed without anesthetic.
* The risks of circumcision including excessive bleeding, infection, surgical mistakes, and death.
* Circumcision results in a loss of sensitivity and may result in sexual dysfunction.
* Circumcision is illegal to perform on female infants.
This is an unethical procedure to force on a non-consenting person.
I do not want my insurance premiums to pay for this!