Its like talking to a wall... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-02-2003, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so tired of trying to justify our decision not to circumsize our son! From the moment I found out I was pregnant I knew we would not circ. if we had a boy. My DH is not circ. and I feel very comfortable in the fact that our decision was totally right.

However I am tired of rattling off the facts and studies to people who disagree.

I guess this is just a venting post but I just want to say that it is so nice to have a place to come where people agree with me and have the chance to hear what other of the same beliefe are feeling and dealing with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2003, 10:11 PM

I am so starved for convo. I have brought this up with several. One said "My Doc said only uncircumcised men get penile cancer!" Ok. Then, her very NON RELIGIOUS a$$ said "IF Jesus was circumcised, it's ok for me.." Puhlease..
Old 08-03-2003, 02:17 AM

This is why those promoting circumcision- like Wiswell and Schoen- continue to spread as many myths as often as they can! All it takes is "I heard that....." and plenty of people will go get their sons cut.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:45 PM

bebesho - I flipped through the Fleiss book the other day and the first thing that caught my eye was a quote stating that a male is more likely to die from complications related to circumcision than from penile cancer. Might be a useful tidbit for your next convo with that friend ...

I was at my last natural childbirth education class this past weekend, and it depressed me to learn that all of the other couples in class (all of whom are expecting boys) are planning to circ. These are all women who plan to refuse pain medication in large part because they fear the detrimental effects it will have on their babies. And yet, either through ignorance or (more likely) misinformation, they're going ahead with painful, unnecessary surgery on their newborns. It makes my heart hurt.

User Tag List