Is anyone's husband intact? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-02-2003, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if there are others out there who have husbands intact? When my husband and I were dating and and first became *intimate* I didnt even know that he was not circumsized, he had to tell me. I dont know if this is the norm for men who are intact (if it is noticable or not).

Before we even got pregnant we had discussed the topic and decided that if we had a son we would not circumsize him. When I did become pregnant I did a lot of research on the topic which only confirmed my decision.

For those of you with intact husbands was this the initial deciding factor in not circ. your son?

I would love to hear how you came to the decision whether you DH is circ. or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2003, 02:38 PM

My dh is circed, but my long term realtionship with an intact man prior to marriage did educate me to the joys of intactness. BTW, it was quite obvious that he was not circed.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:00 PM

My DH is intact. Since all the men in both our families are intact, it didn't surprise me at all that he was, in fact I never even thought about it even though he'd never told me.

I don't think that my DH being intact is as important as the family history of being intact. If he was circed for whatever reason we still wouldn't have circed our son.

I don't remember really thinking about what DH's penis looked like the first several times I saw it. Maybe it just didn't register because that was how penises were 'supposed' to look to me. It's only when not erect that there is a truly noticeable difference anyway (if you aren't really paying attention, that is).

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

Old 08-03-2003, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter

I guess that is what I thought was weird too -- that even when not errect it still doesnt look uncircumsized, the foreskin doesnt cover the head.
Old 08-03-2003, 05:42 PM

DH is intact but when my cut XH and I were ttc I put my foot down about not circing, which caused a big argument. I was passionate about the issue before I had experience with a natural penis, now that I do I'm even more commited to intactness.

My relatives are all intact (that I know of) but that wasn't a big part of my decision at all because my family is Catholic so they don't talk about anything even tangentially related to sex.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:48 AM

DP is intact.
Even if he were not, I would have been willing to do whatever it took to keep my children's bodies whole, intact and natural.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:25 AM
Banned

dx is intact, and when he's aroused it's not noticable, when he's not, it is. It doesn't completely cover the tip, a tiny little bit pokes out.

dp is NOT intact, and I had some adjustments to make to get used to it.

I'm NOT saying which I prefer. :LOL
Old 08-06-2003, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
DP is not intact But we have always said from day one that if we are blessed with a little boy he will stay intact- I would never cut our daughter- kwim?

DP's brother was exspecting a baby last year and when we asked him if he was going to circ if he has a son he asked us "what is that" OMG I can't believe how many people dont know what that is- and this is a circ'ed man we are talking about. His answer was "of course" Well, we talked to him- but I dont know if he changed his mind- he had a daughter too.

Then I was talking to my cousing when I was pregnant and I told him that my son would stay intact and he asked me "you mean you are not going to give him a vacectomy (sp)" and he has a circ'ed son

My sister told me- "I hope you have a girl because I will not change any diapers if you have a boy- it is gross not to have him circ'ed": And this is a girl that circ'ed her son and at 4 years old he told me that it hurt and the doctor did that to him right after he was born. (he told me this as we were watching a national geographic program about Africa and there was a kid getting circ'ed)

I hope I have a son some day- I will give this world a kind and gentle man that is intact and educated!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
Old 08-09-2003, 01:18 PM

My dh is intact and I didnt know until he told me, either! He says he just always did what I have heard called "wore it back". So basically the foreskin never really covers the head. I guess some guys it does, and some it doesn't.
The fact that dh is intact did play a part in our choice to leave our son intact (age 15 months). I had a dd from a previous (short) marriage, and then my dh and I also had a dd. If my first child had been a boy, I am certain I would have circ'd. I was 20 years old (almost 10 years ago), and knew nothing different. I knew what circ was but didnt even really consider leaving intact, it just didnt come to mind at all! (So glad she was a girl! )

Lisa
dd 1-4-94
dd 5-23-99
ds 4-24-02
Old 08-10-2003, 08:24 PM

My dh is intact and is horrified at the idea of circumcision. Here in the UK, it is extremely rare for a child to be circumcised (except for religious reasons).

I mean - you'd have to go out of your way to ask for your son to be circumcised...and I'm pretty sure you'd need to have some kind of justification for your actions.

We have two daughters, but we'd never circumcise a boy (obviously!).
Old 08-20-2003, 04:29 PM

My partner is intact, and I had to ask him, too. I would never have considered circing any child of mine whether my partner was intact or circ'd. I am absolutely horrified by the idea of circ, and I can't remember ever not feeling that way.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

Old 08-20-2003, 07:32 PM

He's intact, but not my husband. So I guess I shouldn't have answered?
Old 08-26-2003, 06:14 PM

DH is intact and so is our son. There was no discussion and we simply told our OB our choice and she never raised an eye. I thought perhaps the medical field is taking a turn away from circumcision.
BTW - our family is Catholic and we discuss everything openly. I am sorry to say my sister circumcised both her sons because that was what her husband wanted. I tried to gently persuade but got no where. Of course that was 18 years ago, today I would probably not be quite so gentle about it.

User Tag List