Tension on the Penis? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 02:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My friend who is pregnant with a boy was on a different forum and came across someone talking about someone who said that a doctor claimed that the underside of a the child's penis is attached too close to the testicles and that he would need a circumcision to fix that or else his penis will curve. What is that? Is that even real? Or did the doctor just make something up? Dont worry my friend wont circmcise her child for this, shes dead set against it, but she wanted to comment on this lady's post but didn't know what that was. CAn you shead some light on it please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 02:55 AM

Seems to me that if that is a real issue, circumcising him would make it worse. Then he wouldn't have any of that loose skin to help him out.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#3 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 03:01 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Seems to me that if that is a real issue, circumcising him would make it worse. Then he wouldn't have any of that loose skin to help him out.
#4 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 03:34 AM

I would assume circumcision would make it worse.... I once new a guy in high school and he had an extremely crooked penis, he blamed it on the circumcision itself. I guess it could happen for a number of reasons, but thats what it made me think of.

~*Have more than you show, speak less than you know*~

#5 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 04:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendal82002 View Post
My friend who is pregnant with a boy was on a different forum and came across someone talking about someone who said that a doctor claimed that the underside of a the child's penis is attached too close to the testicles and that he would need a circumcision to fix that or else his penis will curve. What is that? Is that even real? Or did the doctor just make something up?
That's so stupid and incompetent she should go undercover and wear a wire into the next appointment to get the guy drummed out of the caring arts.

-Ron
HIS body, HIS decision.
#6 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Low View Post
That's so stupid and incompetent she should go undercover and wear a wire into the next appointment to get the guy drummed out of the caring arts.

I agree with the PPs, that doesn't sound right at all. Circ would make any issues like that even worse and that doctor needs someone to educate HIM.
#7 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 06:13 PM

It's called webbed penis and it is considered a contraindication for circumcision even amongst mainstream circ happy Drs.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#8 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 06:36 PM

Yes, sounds like webbed penis:

Quote:
Boys can be born with a webbed penis, or the condition can result from an over-exuberant circumcision where adhesions form between the scrotal skin and the penile skin. Webbed penis usually causes no problems (unless a routine circumcision is later performed).
http://www.drgreene.com/21_1125.html

It is corrected with surgery.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#9 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 06:38 PM

This link contains a photo so be warned, but it is from stanford and says:

Quote:
When traction is applied to the skin at the base of the penis, the web can more clearly be seen. Routine circumcision is contraindicated in this case as it may lead to the penis becoming trapped behind a scarred, tent-like fold of skin.
edit: sorry the link I linked was wrong, Ill get the real one later

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#10 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I knew the when she told me that it sounded kind of fishy. But then again isnt it illegal for a doctor to lie, so in effect cant that doctor go to jail for the information he is distributing out?

This world is ripe with chaos and this chaos doesn't even make sense!
#11 of 13 Old 01-11-2008, 02:52 AM

Bumping up for a similar situation.

Stupid question: what does contraindicated mean? That it should not be done?
(it makes total sense to me why circ shouldn't be performed in this (OR ANY!) case.. just want to be clear here)
#12 of 13 Old 01-11-2008, 02:57 AM

contraindicated is the opposite of indicated like contradiction

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#13 of 13 Old 01-11-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendal82002 View Post
Thanks for the responses. I knew the when she told me that it sounded kind of fishy. But then again isnt it illegal for a doctor to lie, so in effect cant that doctor go to jail for the information he is distributing out?

This world is ripe with chaos and this chaos doesn't even make sense!
Well, we don't put them in jail for lying about routine circ. So this incompetant is probably in the clear.

A good reminder for parents to be ever-vigilant!!!

Mom of 4 aspiring midwife "Friend"ly seeker

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page