Men's Journal article - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-12-2003, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There is a circ article in this month's Men's Journal. It is actually pretty ok, the writer frames it in the context of having two brothers that had boys, one circ'd and one didn't. I think the article had a fairly good anti-circ slant... he stated both sides but seemed to be convincing that an intact penis is a good thing and it is easy to take care of. He even asked the circing bro how he could do it after hearing everything the anti-circ bro had to say...

anyway, the article isn't online...
#2 of 5 Old 08-12-2003, 04:17 PM

Thanks owensmom! I just bought it. I am showing it to DH tonight so he understands I am not wacky.

I think it's the most fair and least inflammitory of the articles I've read about it. While it's balanced, it definitely seems more anti-circ than pro.
#3 of 5 Old 08-15-2003, 09:42 AM

I think the sidebar at the end... on circumcised dads of intact sons- was priceless. I think the article was definatly anti- althought there were some things that I would have said differently.

Buy this issue! (and there is a really nice fashion spread in this issue using Pro-cyclists as models... mmmmm!)

Love Sarah
#4 of 5 Old 08-25-2003, 12:28 AM

I agree this was a good article! I think it will definitely cause some guys to at least think twice about this decision! I think it is great to see an article like this in a popular Men's magazine! Dh suscribes to MJ and I was excited to read the article!
I am so happy with our decision to keep ds intact!

grouphug.gif mom to five on earth (11 ,9, 7 and 5) and one on the way October 19, 2012 joy.gif

One in heaven angel.gif July 2006

#5 of 5 Old 08-25-2003, 04:02 PM

Just thought I'd post a link since the article's online now:

http://www.mensjournal.com/healthFit...cumcision.html

I really like the palm/back of hand comparison they mention in the article - it puts the sensitivity point across very well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page