Mothering Forum banner

Care of uncirc

910 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Quirky 
#1 ·
My almost 4yo every couple of months my son's penis/foreskin gets sore & red. He has fully retracted it himself. DH who is also uncirc says we need to have him retract it to clean it in the bath. DS is kind of awkward with it, like anything else at 4, so DH says we need to do it/help him. I feel a bit weird about it. Is this necessary? I trust DH as he's BTDT, but...I don't know. I don't want to violate my son, but evenmore so I don't want him getting sores or infections that could require an increadably violateing dr visit. He actually screamed when he pee'd this morning
:

See less See more
#2 ·
How is he washing it? Becasue that could be causing the problem. Having your son do it would be best. really until he is puberty aged, there's not too much to worry about, it's very self cleaning. But what he can do it retract and swish around in the bath, then make sure to replace the foreskin over the glans. No soap because that can be irritating. Also bubble baths can do that.

The irritation could just be from overwashing, soap, or possible even that his foreskin readhered a bit and now there's a sore spot. To relieve the pain that may go with this, have him pee with his penis in a warm cup of water or in the bath. that will dilute the urine so that it won't sting.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by carriebft View Post
How is he washing it? Becasue that could be causing the problem. Having your son do it would be best. really until he is puberty aged, there's not too much to worry about, it's very self cleaning. But what he can do it retract and swish around in the bath, then make sure to replace the foreskin over the glans. No soap because that can be irritating. Also bubble baths can do that.

The irritation could just be from overwashing, soap, or possible even that his foreskin readhered a bit and now there's a sore spot. To relieve the pain that may go with this, have him pee with his penis in a warm cup of water or in the bath. that will dilute the urine so that it won't sting.
By washing it I mean really just swishing it in the bath water. Possibly dabbing it very lighty w/ a wash cloth, though I don't do that.

#6 ·
When it gets sore and get every couple months, does it coincide with anything in particular that you can think of? I'm thinking it sounds more like possible sore spots from the separation process continuuing on...but becuase it happens every few months maybe there is an outside chance it's some kind of pesky yeast?

Thinking out loud though...I think if it was yeast he would have more of a problem than a little sore every few months.

#8 ·
The rule is unless the owner of the penis can retract it by himself it dosnt need to be retracted at all. Not retracting and cleaning will not cause irritation in itself.

#9 ·
Or maybe he has a problem with yeast infections? Boys/men can get them too. Is his diet pretty high in sugars/refined carbs? Even a lot of fruits/fruit juices can make people prone to yeast infections.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.