Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks for that link!
sara
#3 of 9 Old 08-16-2003, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks Tara,

I think my grandson 5 1/2 will have no problems he already told the neighbor boy that his penis is so short because his parents circumcised him and his is long because he is intact (and he was proud of it).

We had 4 boys from Berlin, Germany over here for a few weeks and they all changed swimming trunks right in front of him and of course all of them were intact. One day my grandson decided to tell them that they are lucky that they were not circumcised. :LOL

The funny thing was that they were 8 - 15 yrs. old and had no clue as to what he was talking about, since they had never seen or heard anything about circumcision.
#4 of 9 Old 08-16-2003, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gitti
[B]
I think my grandson 5 1/2 will have no problems he already told the neighbor boy that his penis is so short because his parents circumcised him and his is long because he is intact (and he was proud of it).

That is soooooo cute! Good for him, he has every right to be proud, as do you Grandma!

Take care,
Tara

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin
#5 of 9 Old 08-21-2003, 02:26 AM

I've been a way for a while, but pondering a couple of things. One came up in the "should it be legal" thread, and this is the other one. DS is intact; the other boys born to friends recently were circ'ed. I was wondering (and dreaming about throwing it in the parents' faces) what the parents would say if their sons ask them about their missing foreskins. Then I thought I can tell DS that I loved him just the way he was and didn't want him to hurt. Then I realized that my DS might interpret that to mean the other parents didn't like their sons and didn't care that they were hurt (never mind that this is possibly/probably true, both friends made the choice very knowingly). Then I wondered if boys ever ask about it. Has anyone's son asked about circ (whether they were or weren't) and how did you answer? Ironically, if DS were circ'ed because I didn't do my homework, I know what I would have said. Somethihng like, "I didn't know better at the time, and I'm sorry. Can you forgive me?"
#6 of 9 Old 08-21-2003, 04:23 AM

As much media attention as this issue has been getting lately and will be getting in the future, it will be unusual to be able to honestly tell your son "I didn't know." That's an excuse that worked in the past but not in the future. I think it would be absolutely nuts to do this expecting to be able to explain it away.

In the past, parents got a free ride on this one but there will be no free ride for parents in the future and they don't deserve a free ride if they are aware of the issues.

Frank
#7 of 9 Old 08-22-2003, 03:24 PM

T

Hey, Frank. I see you now have five hundred posts to your name. You're half-way there (to one thousand - when you can pick your own senior member title). Congrats.

#8 of 9 Old 08-22-2003, 04:00 PM

Wow! I didn't even notice! Proves you can say a lot and still say nothing!

Frank
#9 of 9 Old 08-24-2003, 05:00 PM

Yep. My post count is certainly proof of that.

<----------------

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page